Thread: Forget ship stats, what the ships are really good at.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Forget ship stats, what the ships are really good at.

Ive been playing wipeout for quite a bit now....

Im starting to come to the conclusion that the stats on the ships really dont give a good indication to the real properties of ships..

this is what i think about some of the ships at what they really are good and bad at..its only my opinion i cant prove any of it ..its just what i feel.....

i would like it if people put forward their views and opinions to see if there are any similaritys betwen what we all say..

this is what i say

pirahna fury is.....
    fast off the line
    pretty fast on a straight

but its real speciality is on a collision and bash with a ship it appears to really come off the better almost like its really heavy and holds its ground..where in a harimua i always lose out on a collision.

its weakness is stability and cornering like a wardrobe on ice unless you are really used to using it..

Triakis fury

really brilliant on shields
    sluggish
    but holds the track well and very stable and good on racing lines in its only little way.

harimau fury

pretty nippy
    average acceleration
    it wins hands down on control and fine racing lines
    its loses bigtime on bashes with other ships

AG systems fury/hd

is a harimau with better acceleration but they make it bob and bounce more on bumbs in the track so not to make it a better ship.

Qirex fury/hd

a complete all rounder with no weakness and stregnths a good little ship

mirage fury

A good ship in all ways apart from its over sensative to use so therefore to be good at it you need to dedicate time to get use to it.

feisar fury/hd

bigget strength is sharp turns
    biggest weakness is its weak and seems to be knocked all over the place by most ships.

the other ships i couldnt really say as i havnt played them to much..

remember this is just my opinon based on my experience....
    Last edited by Aeroracer; 22nd February 2010 at 10:51 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Think you'll have to specify HD or Fury, or both. There are a lot of differences between them IMO.

lol....forgot..ive done it now

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

I'm pretty sure one of the devs mentioned the ship characteristics/stats once. I think it was vaguely relating to triakis being nerfed in a previous wipeout (pure?) due to one of the hidden stats. Something along the line of there are 4 basic qualities (3 of which are just quantitative shenanigans I.e. Shield, speed & accel (for the most part) and then there are a great deal more other properties which give each of the ships their characteristics (was it 12?)
    I'm making a mess of this...saturn, get your quote on / find that post for me

also agree with sat that excluding zone there should be both versionsof the ships in the list. Some fury ships are VERY dissimilar to their fury counterparts

no yeldar you make perfect sense..

i remembered what you are talking about..and those hidden stats...

basically the stats we see on the ship select screen dont mean zero as the hidden stats really can make a massive difference..

and and two ships that read to be similar by those 4 stats are really completly different in real life..

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

If I remember correctly the SL explanation was craft weight to thrust ratio ,and where on the craft the weight was situated [center of gravity] that effected it's overall handling.

IE: If the rear of the craft swings out or the front of the craft was slower to respond to quick changes in steering.