Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Novice mode isn't easy enough...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Default Moderator Message

ksc6000, welcome to the forum. You had already asked that last question in its own thread. If someone knows the answer or can help in any way then they will answer it there. There was no need to post it again here, so I have deleted it to avoid taking this thread off topic.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Thanks saturnreturn
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 22nd February 2010 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Quote deleted.

im sure many races can be won or nearly won by using pilot assist and a blob of blu tak on the acceleration button on novice...but i cant say for sure...

maybe worth a try

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

KSC, I take my finger off the acceleration a lot when trying to make sharp turns. Not sure if it's the best technique -- maybe you don't have to and I'm just using it because I'm not skilled enough -- but it certainly helps on sharp turns!

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

Ill be honest I never take my finger off the accelerate button on Phantom. I find the only corners that cause a problem sometimes are the hairpins and IMO scraping the wall is better than the speed loss incurred by letting go of accelerate.

The trick is making sure youve got the right racing line going into each corner and also mastering air-braking followed by side shifting.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Default ...

@YouAreFubar That is a (bad?) habit I brought over from Pure. I never let off the acceleration there, thus I knew I wouldn't be letting off on WOHD. I may do it in extreme cases, a turn here, a turn there on Sebenco R, but the belief structure has always carried through with me to never give up, never surrender! -- never stop.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Yah, I definitely take my thumb off the accelerator often for some of the hairpins, if only for a split second. However, I know for sure that I don't have to, as a flawless racing line coupled with perfectly time airbraking and sideshifting has gotten me through unscathed under full acceleration before...it's just that my racing lines are so inconsistent that I find myself releasing the accelerator to compensate quite a bit. And that's in a Feisar! I still do ok for myself though.

For the folks driving the not-so-good-handling ships, but who are still able to make it through those hairpins perfectly without letting off the gas, you have my utmost respect!

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

I second that! I know I can do it but the ship still needs to have pretty good handling for me to get away with it.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreFubar View Post
    IMO scraping the wall is better than the speed loss incurred by letting go of accelerate.
    Fact.

*AHEM*Chenghou Hairpin*Ahem*

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

lol! Its unfortunate when someone is on the outside of that corner when im going round it, ive planted plenty of unsuspecting opponents into that wall!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin-jade View Post
    im sure many races can be won or nearly won by using pilot assist and a blob of blu tak on the acceleration button on novice...but i cant say for sure...

maybe worth a try
    I lol'd... and I actually don't doubt that for a second.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Yeah it works, mate of mine did that when he couldn't be arsed

PSN ID
    MiguelX69

Guess you have to be pacient... It's hard to get used to it, same happened to me when I first played my first Wipeout (Wip3out).

Start doint some trials on the race tracks, to get used to the layouts, then go after the real deal.