Thread: Need help with elite campaign!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Default Need help with elite campaign!

Hi all,
    I registered here to ask for some advice as I'm close to losing fun playing this game.

I got me a PS3 for Christmas and WipEout HD Fury was the first game I got. I have only played Wipeout Platinum and 2097-Demo back on PSX and since been dying to play this game again!

Since then I've achieved far more than I had ever thought. Short, I'm only missing three trophies to platinum:
    - Bling Brigade
    - 12 Round Online Tournament
    - Campaign Elite
    Yeah, I have to admit, I did the two player cheat for Perfect Pilot - but by accident!
    (Sorry if the names are off, I play the game on German.)

Now the only thing left I'm missing (except for the two online trophies) are the races in campaign elite.
    I already got gold medals for all events like Time Trial, Zone, Speed Lap, etc... I'm only missing Single Races and Tournaments of Meltdown and the Chenghou Project race in event 07!
    Sadly, I've lost my patience.

I can't be that bad, I hope, or I wouldn't have managed all the other trophies and gold medals on elite difficulty. However, races just seem unfair! It's like all versus one and if the first item I collect isn't a turbo I hit 'restart race' myself! So where's the secret to catching up to the huge head start the A.I. gets?

One question I have in particular: does using Fury ships increase difficulty or does it make it easier? As the stats are pushed with the Fury ships I wonder if it's of advantage for myself or if the A.I. gets pushed even further! Does anybody have an answer to that?

And what's wrong with the enemies storing their items and waiting for you? So once you boost past three opponents the voice goes: "missile", "rockets", "rockets", "mines" and BOOM you're dead! WTF?!

I could really need some suggestions. Thanks!

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Are there certain tracks that you can't do or are the A.I giving you a hard time on all of them?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I hate Chenghou Project mostly because the huge turn makes my ship jump up and down but I don't think there's something I'm doing wrong. Didn't have any problems with the time trials.
    Last edited by Lance; 2nd February 2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Unnecessary quotation of previous post eliminated. Please read the WipouteZone guidelines in the announcements section.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Point the nose of the ship down as you go around the corner...helps more than you could imagine

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Cerbis

There was a point where I doubted I'd ever be able to finish the Campaigns on Elite. Up until that point I had used my beloved Piranha for everything.
    I then hit a proverbial brick wall with the Phantom class against the Elite AI.
    I started flying the AG-SYS craft instead, and it felt so much easier. After banging my head against the brick wall some more with the new craft, I finally broke through and finished it all in one night.
    It did still take tremendous replays, however.

The Elite AI is damn near cheaty. When you do get the lead spot, I suggest putting as much distance between them and you as possible, as well as being atrociously underhanded against them.
    Drop bombs in the racing line they use, mine the sod out of the track. Be a pickup hoarder.
    If you can eliminate without sacrificing your place, go for the kill.

Try different craft, clear your mind, push yourself just far enough to not burn out.
    Try some Racebox between events if you feel that it's just too much. Or some Online, perhaps. Something to relax that doesn't involve turning the game right off. Keep the feeling of fun in the game, and it'll be easier.

More simple advice would be to wiggle the controls a bit. Adjust the sensitivities on Airbrake and Acceleration to something proper. I forget, is it 10% or 100% for on/off control of thrust?

Best of luck, Koma. You'll get there! It feels SO worth it, in the end!

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Hi and welcome to the forum If you dig around a bit you'll find all the information you need...use the search function, saves starting a whole new thread...

PSN ID
    kgb1971

A quick look and you would of found these.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7182

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5583

Edit: @Cat. You should be a Mod.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Just got Elite Campaign this week end.
    Good luck dude.
    I won tournament on first attempt with Harimau, after tons of tries just on the first track with Icaras... no explanation so far.

I personnaly just miss the Arcarde Perfect one... reverse tracks will be a real pain in the ass.

For fun, I won Chengou in first place ex-aequo with Icaras. I heard and saw "1st place" (I have a picture of that!) and then I went into the stats to sadly see that this is not accepted for Arcade Perfect.
    I didn't touch the game since!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Thanks guys. I managed Übermall, Anulpha Pass and Moa Therma now. Still no luck with the others.

The reason why Elite campaign is so frustrating is because it relies on luck. It's smashing if you give your best and you know you should be rewarded but the A.I. will just push you around!

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

As I know what you are talking about - I think it was SC that drove me nuts - I'd recommend the following:

Ignore the Elite Campaing for now. Go online. Race ~100 hours Phantom or maybe Rapier weapons on races. After that go back to the campaign (a good schedule is when PSN os down) and complete it. It'll be a piece of cake than; and it will help socializing

Good luck

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by ODK-Koma View Post
    The reason why Elite campaign is so frustrating is because it relies on luck.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by KGB1971 View Post
    Edit: @Cat. You should be a Mod.
    What you trying to suggest there Kev? Now I have to do something to make it look like I'm not slacking. I mean, to prove that I'm not slacking, because I'm obviously not.

@ ODK-Koma, please read the forum guidelines, particularly the ones about quoting the message directly ahead and reading around before posting. There's a wealth of information here and this topic comes up a lot. http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/announcement.php?f=18

There, job done.

Aside, from that, welcome to the forum.

As always, the only answer is practice. Once you have the skills, you won't need the luck.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

FFS! it's not kev , Just get your finger out next time Chas and we will leave it at that .

Default Moderator message.

Redundant thread closed.