Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulse- easier than Pure?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Ebeb-G

Arrow Pulse- easier than Pure?

Up until recently, I was never really into any Wipeout games besides Pulse. But when I started playing Pure, it felt to me as though Pulse was much easier.
    Phantom in Pulse doesn't feel nearly as fast to me as it does in Pure, and the tracks in Pulse seem a lot easier than the ones in Pure (with the exception of Platinum Rush- I hate that track).
    That said, I do like Pure, it just seems more challenging for me. I think that Pulse is a great game for novice pilots (like myself) to start off on, just because it feels easier.
    So, is it just me, or does anyone else feel that Pulse, as a whole, is a much easier game?

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Well, most hardcore fans of the series will tell you that Pure is easier (because it's more like the older games), but personally I find Pulse much easier, especially considering it's useless AI .
    Pulse also has very "direct" handling compared to other Wipeouts, which can be easier for some people (especially those not used to the "floaty" Wipeout style).
    I'm surprised that you feel Pure is faster though - you're only the 2nd person I know of to have said that. I find Pure frustratingly slow, even on Phantom, while Pulse feels like the fastest Wipeout to me.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Hey no, I'm an hardcore PSP player, and I say Pure is harder than Pulse !

The IA in Pure is crazy ! Their first lap are too fast, then, you can pick your opponents up one by one or two by two. In Pulse, the IA is more human. (dirty and violent lol)

And the handling in Pure is harder than Pulse too, because when you turn, you lost lot of speed, and acceleration is bad, so you have to tend your lines in order to no lost seconds by packets !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Agreed, Pure is way harder than Pulse!
    Pulse handling is "flying for dummies". Pure is more technical, AI is harder, tracks are better and there are tons of free packs with more tracks and ships and musics.
    The issues with Pure are the disruptor that really ruins tons of races and the fact that it takes AGES to gain some speed when you're hit... This is soooo frustrating... BR are also harder to do, they often fail.

But it's clear that Pulse is faster than Pure man

The advantage of Pulse is there are several various modes to play, and of course the online gaming

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

I agree with several recent posters, Pure is more difficult than Pulse...

1. Pure has more complex handling
    2. Pure has harder AI
    3. Pure has more technical courses

One way that Pulse is more difficult is speed, especially on Phantom.

Love both games though, especially for time trials

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Ebeb-G

Seems like everyone thinks that Pulse is faster than Pure. I think I'll compare the two later today; maybe it's just in my head.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Maybe it's all in our heads too.
    According to the guys who made it, WOHD is the same speed as Pulse, but I could swear it feels much slower.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Quote Originally Posted by kaori View Post
    Hey no, I'm an hardcore PSP player, and I say Pure is harder than Pulse !
    Yeah, Pulse was a lot more intuitive, but thats coz you feel closer to the ground in Pulse, whereas in Pure, it is floatier - the physics are truer to how a wipeout game really should play like... I mean, In Pure, you had to take notice of how and when to pitch - more so than in pulse I feel. And the effects of pitching in pure were a lot more apparent in gameplay too. For example, pitching up would slow you down and give you lift in a much more unpredictable way, because the physics of the game simulated a realer environment imo... Just my op

The IA in Pure is crazy ! Their first lap are too fast, then, you can pick your opponents up one by one or two by two. In Pulse, the IA is more human. (dirty and violent lol)
    Yeah, again I agree! Seems that Pure was a lot more orientated to the truer fan base because of it. It wasn't a very "pick up and play" type title whereas I feel that Pulse definitely was. But Pure was the better game, if it had online multiplayer - it would have been still enjoyed online to this day - I have no doubt about that!

And the handling in Pure is harder than Pulse too, because when you turn, you lost lot of speed, and acceleration is bad, so you have to tend your lines in order to no lost seconds by packets !
    Exactly, Pure required you to understand the delicate physics involved in each calculated manuver, requires one to practice the tracks a lot more before one felt confident in challenging the uber freak bastard AI pilots

But one thing I have to say, I preferred Pulse, because of online MP... AI is not real at the end of the day...

OT : Bruce Lee Quote "Boards, don't hit back"... lol

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

I agree - Pure is harder to approach for a beginner, and takes a lot of practice just to not be at it, but I do think that they kind of level out on difficulty at the higher levels of play. I can tell you it certainly wasn't a "pick up and play" sort of game when I was trying to beat some of those TTs on Pulse!
    They're both great once you're used to them though, and both worth owning.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Yeah, those TTees are impossible, especially now that you've set them! you did good too mate, proud to have raced with you during the boom time of yesteryear... and agreed here also, both games are equally worth owning, as they both have their merits!
    Last edited by Lance; 31st January 2010 at 12:42 AM. Reason: QUOTATION ELIMINATED!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Hey ACE, now you have a PS3, you are able to play WipEout Pure on adhoc Party with us !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

I can too !!!
    ... just I didn't play Pure since ages

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Hey Kaori, Id love to do the ad-hoc for Pure, but my PSP is ... er ... broken if you know what I am saying I'm trying to fix it but it's seriously not having any of it form me ... i may have to purchase another, we'll see

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Has anybody tried to use PULSE with the PS3 application (adhoc party)?

Just wondering if we will be able to "continue the party" when servers for Pulse eventually shut down...

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

NightArh tried it and said it worked really well. I guess it still depends on the PSN (and in my case, actually buying a PS3 lol), but that will likely stay up for a lot longer than the Pulse servers. If only Xlink Kai wasn't so impossible, I'd use that...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

adhoc Party accept "broken" PSP , I've played with leungbok who doesn't take care of his PSP

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Ebeb-G

Quote Originally Posted by Ebeb View Post
    Seems like everyone thinks that Pulse is faster than Pure. I think I'll compare the two later today; maybe it's just in my head.
    Well, I finally did compare the two games, and I agree- Pure is slower. Maybe I thought Pure was faster because it had more technical tracks, or because it was harder- I don't know.
    I also agree that the handling in Pure is more realistic- as realistic as piloting a hovercraft could possibly be. But due to the more technical tracks of Pure, I still think that Pulse is the easier game.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

Now that I think about it, Pure was harder then pulse. But what's weird is that I'm far better at pure then I am at pulse. Maybe it's because of my past wipeout experience...hmmmm Anyway, Pure was fast in it's own special way. True Pulse is faster in the sense that the ships have greater speed, but navigating pure's tracks without a hitch gave it its own sense of exhilirating speed.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

You're right WolfKill, I've already told that, but on Modesto Heights, when you hit all speed pads in Pure, you have an amazing speed sensation that you can't feel in HD, in spite off the max speed is lower in Pure.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Im currently playing pulse again due to only being able to play HD single player, and i lent pulse to my bro mr.phlanj so he can play online.

deffinitely harder, they drift!!