Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thank you, Studio Liverpool!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

Well I've been a WO pilot since its PS1 debut. That game along with Ridge Racer is what made the PS for me (nostalgia). But WO-XL is when i got extremely hooked. I grabbed WO3 and Fusion upon release..always craving more. The main reason i got a ps3 prior to WOHD being released..
    And that's when it happened...SL made a dream come true...
    After so many years of beating the AI, being the only one that i knew of that could pilot an AG craft....SL put me up against all the other AG pilots and wipeout fans out there, from all over the world...

Ha..i thought i had the advantage...so gullible thinking i was but a small percentage of those who knew wipeout. Little did i realize the extreme meticulous and calculating pilots Wipeout had bred through its many variations.

I was left on the starting grid, but it was a dream come true!

(then i got pure and pulse )

So to everyone at SL (from past to present)...
    Thank you all for everything, for continuing the franchise as long as you could. Your fans and supporters appreciate all of your work and passion.

Best of luck to all of you...

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Loopan2k

great series. Next ps3 WO release should be disc-based though.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

From my social group post:

Dear Studio Liverpool,

I would like to thank you for producing the greatest game series of all time. I have enjoyed every single minute of the WipEout franchise and am deeply saddened that it may be coming to an end. Thank you for providing me with hours and hours of enjoyment, I will always love WipEout as well as you guys for bringing it into the world.

Your loyal fan,
    Dark_Phantom_89

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Well what can you say about news of this scale? Firstly just a big thank you to Studio Liverpool. I myself am going through a redundancy process at the moment so I can empathise with your situation, there's most likely far less emotional attachment for me though, and for that I really feel for you guys.

Wipeout has brought me so much, not just in my gaming life but also in my personal life, HD opened up the doors for us likeminded freaks to get together and swap stories about our AG experiences, and our love for this franchise. I've found some great friends and even my partner from this game and forum, so SL...you've given me more than just a game. You've improved my life

So to all the folks at SL, I hope with all of the nonsense you're dealing with at the moment, that you can take joy in the fact that you've given so many people hours and hours (decades) of fun and fury, and that we will keep the franchise going just by contnuing to play

Thank you for ten years of AG madness. Respect and best wishes for the future to you all

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Gutted.
    The original WO was the hardest game i can remember from my childhood, and since then has been nothing but hilarious fun, frustration, and in HDs case, a few world records and a fantastic online communtiy! Even the less-than-popular fusion brought hours of quality multiplayer, and watching friends go stir-crazy as they just simply werent fast enough

In my eyes, HD is the best one yet. Infact i love it so much, despite my best efforts i just cant get into other racing games!!

Good luck in the future to you all.

All the best,
    Haydn

Timezone
    GMT -5

requisite homage. make another game!

p.s. were you banned because you got rid of the ads? (this is a joke, people)

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

Default Well its been 15 years........

Thank you SL for providing me with countless hours of entertainment in what has been my favourite game for the past 15 years from the first right through to WipEoutHD Fury (I also loved G-Police, Microcosm and Rollcage, but WipEout was by far the best). Its a real shame that whatever direction Sony pushes the WipEout franchise in future, it wont have the same bunch of passionate and talented developers behind it. And no doubt the game will suffer due to this.

Its really sad that things at SL have ended this way and I wish you all the best in whatever direction your future takes.
    Last edited by YouAreFubar; 8th February 2010 at 05:25 PM. Reason: I wanted to add more!

PSN ID
    mike-kotor

Thank you, Studio Liverpool! And good luck in the future

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

To the guys and gals formerly working at Studio Liverpool / Psygnosis:

To see a team that created such great, creative, polished titles fall apart is really sad, and to me this means more than just (most likely) losing the chance to get another wipEout title in the future. You guys created not only the single biggest moment of fascination in gaming I have had in my life so far (the original wipEout intro which I saw on my 13th birthday), but you also layed the foundation for the way my career started out - it was the design work on the original wipEout and 2097 that captured me and ultimately made me want to become a graphic designer - which I did. As a tribute to that inspiration, I got the iconic t'' inked into my chest after I finished my master degree. To this day, I still use your work as an example of how to create a stylised yet realistic fictional setting - something that plays directly into my current job. You guys were definitely ahead of your time

But apart from an amazing sense for design, Psygnosis / SL created some of the most memorable games I can think of: wipEout, Destruction Derby, Rollcage, G-Police, Colony Wars, Lemmings, Krazy Ivan (!!!), Psybadek (yes, PSYBADEK) - just to name a few. I owe you hours, days, weeks, MONTHS of digital enjoyment. I wish the Playstation brand, and Sony in general, knew how much they actually owe you - most of all for helping establish the Playstation on a hostile market, and moving videogames away from a child's toy and towards 'cool'.

Last but not least, you guys (at least the few I met or read) seem like a really nice bunch, and a great team with amazing work atmosphere and great creative energy. Tony Buckley and Clemens Wangerin, which I was lucky to meet, both are really nice chaps who really are in love with their work and are passionate about showing it to the world. I've met a fair share of game developers, and few were as fun as you, like a buddy who comes over to your place and says: hey, I just got this, check it out, you're gonna love it! - and then sits down with you and actually plays against you, and appreciates your feedback.
    Anyway, I really really hope that all of you who loved working together will find a way to do so again in the future - whatever will be the outcome of that, I'm sure it'll rock our socks off!

Farewell to former Studio Liverpool - you'll be my heroes forever

PSN ID
    Lord_Khan

Wow, after having not logged into Wipeoutzone in a while, I came here today to see if there was any news on future WOHD games, and saw the terrible news of SL team getting disbanded. Heartbroken is an understatement for me. With PSX came the WO experience which became my favorite videogame series of all time.

I just want to say THANKYOU SL FOR EVERYTHING. You guys created the coolest gaming franchise to ever grace consoles, as well as motivated me to a full love of electronic music, whereas I personally became an electronic music producer, all because of Wipeout. Your creativity with the WO genre will truelly be missed, and I honestly can say that Sony made a huge mistake and this is a major blow against their fanbase.

Thanks guys, and although your team is no more, most of us WO fans will keep the Anti Gravity culture going on this website, and beyond. Farewell, and good luck in your future endeavors.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

We have to say that the girl says to us when we win a race: "First Place!"
    But not of the tournament, only from one race, i hope. Yes, i hope a new WipEout coming in the next years, no matter if it is in one year or in three, i have wipeout hd for ages, and pulse ps2 also.

Anyway, thanks Studio Liverpool.