Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thank you, Studio Liverpool!

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

I second nearly everyone on this thread has already posted... SL, even if you do lose this job of a Wipeout franchise, you will always remain legends... You ****ing rock for Christ sake!!! If I wasn't homophobic, I'd make love to all you guys for doing all that you've done!! (well, maybe in a post-card... )... Thank you guys for so much, and **** sony for doing this... It would be pleseant of they ended up passing on another great job for you guys for doing what they've done, but I doubt it... I great thanks to all with tears of power...

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

Thank you, thank you, thank you, SL! Thanks for keeping my gaming life going ever since Wipeout on PS1. You guys are the best in this business and I know you'll get work soon. I wish you all the best of luck. I agree with many people here, who say if you guys an gals make any other games for different companies, I'll be on the lookout as well.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I can't thank Psygnosis/Studio Liverpool enough for the games they produced for over two decades. While I might not be old enough to have been in on the computer gaming scenes of the 80s/90s I played the earlier Psygnosis games on my brother's C64. Games such as Shadow of the Beast were excellent, even though the C64 version suffered from the tape's load times when you forgot to get the torch before going in the castle. But I guess that's my fault.

WipEout for me is most certainly the best of racing games,with the PSX titles still standing up to that statement today. HD was another cracker and well worth the wait. I hope for the sake of the game and the people behind it that WipEout doesn't get sold off like the Crash and Spyro franchises.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    LurifaxFlux

Thank you SL/Psygnosis for all the enjoyment you've given me.
    You guys are legends!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Hear, hear!

It was love at first sight for me way back when I first saw this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cilGf8eFU8A

Everything seemed right, like it came from my dreams.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    billychanxtr33m

i was a bit late to the party, but thank you so much for the wipeout series psygnosis/SL!

i am sure talented folk like you will find a new home soon

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Just wanted to add my "thank you" to what will no doubt be a very long thread.

I have really enjoyed playing PurE, PulsE and WOHD over the past few years. I have also enjoyed reading the stories and insights posted by SL employees on the WOZ forum-- thanks for taking the time to do this.

Best wishes to everybody affected by the events of the past week.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Amon69it

Sad news... you guys gave me so much enterteinment through the years... starting from the Psygnosis amiga days.

I own all the wipeouts made for sony platforms, all are beautiful games i've enjoyed so much...

So Thank you for all the fun, hope everyting will be all right for all of you guys.

You deserve the best.

I just read about the news and it really pisses me off and saddens me. I find it amazing that Sony do such a thing and especially so soon after HD and Fury was released on blueray. I have been a fan of psygnosis games ever since the amiga days and i doubt the amiga or the ps1 would have been as successful without you guys.

I personally will refuse to buy another game for the PS3 now, as i dont want to support a company that only thinks about maximum short term profits.

I really wish the developers the best luck in future and i hope you guys manage to find a better company.

Wipeout was also one of the main reasons i got a PS3 in first place and i kinda doubt i would have bought it without Wipeout HD.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    rocketclowns

I'm totally shocked by this news... I have a hard time believing what I just read...

Imagine that: creating one of the most amazing games for the PS3 (certainly from a technological point of view) with infinite replay value, available for a very modest price, only to be sacked by Sony!

I can't believe Sony lets all that PS3 developing expertise just fly out of the window.

Studio Liverpool, and Psygnosis: if it wasn't for you guys (and girls) I would never have been the gamer that I am today, and I would never have been the proud owner of a PS1, PS2 and PS3, and a whole stack of games that I got for those systems out of curiousity for other content for the system I bought to play WipEout on.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

Totally shocked here as well... I never saw this coming.

And to be honest, what is SCEE thinking? They just shove aside one of the best development team for their console... the guys behind the game that made so many people (including myself) buy a PS3 instead of another console. Clearly loyalty and respect is not something the leaders behind such a big gaming company would ever understand.

My best wishes to all of the good people at SL who are affected, may you find an employer more worthy of your talents! And don't forget, WipEout HD and all previous WO games will be in the hearts of many people for a long time to come, and nobody can ever take that away from you.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

I've added a picture, dedicated to Studio Liverpool, in the initial post. This
    is not just a picture. The craft you see was operated on it's utmost limit, I've
    put all my strength together to run a new out-standing record on Sebenco Climb
    in memories of Studio Liverpool. Entering supersonic and running eleven more
    zones, while already carrying a massive load on ones shoulders, makes you
    become one with the game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    rocketclowns

Okay, a speck of hope on the Studio Liverpool Wiki page:

On 29 January 2010 Sony made the following public statement; "It has been decided that production on a number of projects within Studio Liverpool will cease immediately due to project prioritisation. Our North West Studio Group has been and will continue to be a vital cog in the WWS family, with a history of producing genre defining games such as MotorStorm, WipEout, Formula 1 and WRC and this decision will have no impact of the role that the North West Studio Group will play in the future of all PlayStation platforms".

Good luck you guys. You're all amazing

PSN ID
    PLazarou

ProblemSolver = awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Burcombe View Post
    Really kind words of support from you all. Yesterday was a very grim day indeed.
    Nick, you are the one I thank most of all. If you have any contact still with Jim Bowers, thank him for me, too, and Lee and Nicky and all the others that were there for the first WipEouts.

Sony has done a terrible thing, the most recent and for me the worst in an increasingly long list of wrongs. Good luck to you sir, and to all the people who worked on all the WipEouts in the series, and have been let go or displaced.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

@PLazarou: It's impossible to do such a run without emotion. I was driven by
    by emotion and memories. Only in this case you can go beyond yourself.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Swift412

Thank you, good luck, and all the best to the guys and girls of Studio Liverpool.

R.I.P., Studio Liverpool.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Default Thanks SL

Thanks SL for:

-730+ hours of quality entertainment from WipEout HD since I installed it back on 27/09/2008.
    -Thanks for this game, which showed me what it means to be a real fan of something, by getting me well and truly hooked.
    -Thanks for all the effort of the talented folk on the creative and technical teams.
    -Thanks for contributing time to the forums as well, and putting up with stroppy fans such as me, who don't always realise or recognise how much work is involved in such achievements.
    -Thanks for listening to those same stroppy fans and taking the feedback on board, despite the stroppiness.
    -Thanks for WO HD as my introduction to this forum, the friends I've made on it, and a little place on the internet to belong.
    -Thanks for a quality back catalogue of WipEout games that I can go back to if I ever get bored of HD (seems unlikely at this stage).
    -Thanks for introducing me to a new genre of music through these games.
    -Thanks for Chenghou Project - it rocks (see attached image).

Best of luck to all those who have been involved along the way - I hope that such talented individuals will find places where their work is valued as it deserves to be.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    asdfffdsa

Quote Originally Posted by 0L4F View Post
    Okay, a speck of hope on the Studio Liverpool Wiki page:

On 29 January 2010 Sony made the following public statement; "It has been decided that production on a number of projects within Studio Liverpool will cease immediately due to project prioritisation. Our North West Studio Group has been and will continue to be a vital cog in the WWS family, with a history of producing genre defining games such as MotorStorm, WipEout, Formula 1 and WRC and this decision will have no impact of the role that the North West Studio Group will play in the future of all PlayStation platforms".
    I was raging so bad until I read that.

For someone who just got into Wipeout in the spring (and regrets all of the years he was not into it), this would have been immensely depressing for me. I'm sure moreso for the veterans. And even moreso for those who lost their jobs.

But, from the above quote, it seems like Wipeout isn't done for good. Anyone have any further information on that?