The terrible news really broke my heart into pieces. Let me tell you that
    WipEout HD offered me the greatest experience in gaming I ever had
    in my whole life! You can't imagine how I'm in love with this game. It's
    an out-standing product of the highest value! You all deserve my deepest
    respect!

.:: Thank you! ::.

I wish you all the best!

quality, passion, commitment ~ Studio Liverpool
    Last edited by ProblemSolver; 30th January 2010 at 05:54 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    The terrible news really broke my heart into pieces. Let me tell you that
    WipEout HD offered me the greatest experience in gaming I ever had
    in my whole life! You can't imagine how I'm love with this game. It's
    an out-standing product of the highest value! You all deserve my deepest
    respect!

.:: Thank you! ::.

I wish you all the best!

Let me entirely quote your post mate, co's I feel totally devastated myself. I second you on everything you said. I tried to play some speed laps, but I couldn't... All I have in mind is darkness. This is really a sad, sad, sad, sad day.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

+1...

Big Up to Studio Liverpool employees past, present... hopefully future too. But more importantly, I wish all ex employees of SL, the best wishes for the future. Keep us posted of what you guys are up to, what you are developing, working on - we are your fans and I for sure will continue to support you guys by purchasing games you have worked on!

Good luck, I'm certain you guys will move onto bigger and better things

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Echoing the sentiment, Thank you SL/Psygnosis for the games you've produced over the last couple decades, I hope all the team members who've been sh*t-canned can rebound quickly :/

I'm not devastated at this news, it's no surprise after everything else Sony has done over the past few years. My first foray into Wipeout was on the Saturn anyway, so there was never any kind of sentimental Sony love connection for me.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

I've just skimmed through the comments of the thread @SL: Thank you for Fury!.
    Did you remember the day Fury came out? Half a year later ... everything has
    changed.

Thanks to you guys....copy and paste from the other dedicated thread:

INFINITE THANKS!
    THANKS TO YOU GUYS!
    For all these years I have been a fan of WipEout since the first time I've played WipEout 2097...I really love this game and it will be a part of my soul for eternity.
    You've created more than a simple game, a real experience and all of you, guys, have introduced a new game conception: a real virtual reality!
    And you, Psygnosis/Studio Liverpool, are the one and only that have created this experience!
    Don't bring down your heads, but stand up your pride!

Still Spread Your Wings, Psygnosis!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!

PSN ID
    Mister_Mateo

Thank you!

WOHD was the greatest game that I may play since my childhood-super-nintendo-days...

Timezone
    GMT -5

Studio Liverpool - you need to know that the ONLY reason I have a PS3 (actually 2 of them) - was for Wipeout. You're also directly responsible for my purchase of a PSP.

Sony - you done (@#*ed up bigtime.

I wish the affected people @ SL luck in future endeavors, and I thank you for giving me the game that got me through an exceptionally tough time in my life - and allowed me to meet a few genuine friends across the way.

I will dream of a brighter future, with Psygnosis and Designers Republic working alongside Red Bull for 2097 HD...

thankyou SL for making a game that makes people like me who dont really bother playing games start playing games..well wipeout anyway..

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    abukii

Exclamation

I am at a loss for words.

I am just beginning in the development industry. Over the years I have seen companies come and go and I can only imagine your frustrations. None-the-less, we pick up and carry on. I do not blame anyone of you for leaving Sony. They took something from you that can (and will) never be replaced. I take this as a learning experience of what to expect. In my honest opinion, this seems like corporate back-stabbing. If this is the case, I will form my own group and develop on my own. Sony, for the first time, has disappointed me. I converse with a few of you from SL and I wouldnt have it any other way. When the rug gets pulled out from beneath your feet, Merry Xmas sounds like an insult. I am affected by this too. Whats to happen with TT? So youre not alone...not alone per-se. I have followed WipEout since day one. My passion for the things SL create is undying. It will always remain that way. 10 years from now, youll see the same people, the same demeanor and the same love: All in a common place. That, my friends, you should be proud of. For no other company has ever achieved such a feat. Studio MOTHER ****ING Liverpool, Rock On!!!!! We, as a collective of AG Pilots, LOVE you. If and when you start a new assignment, remember that. You will always have a following as individuals.
    ++abukii OUT++

PSN ID
    superpj1

I learnt the sad news by IH8YOU's comment on the XMB
    Thank you SL for all you have done. Although I've stopped playing Wipeout HD, I've put a mass amount of time on it since it was released. You made a fantastic game. I hope everyone will soon get a new job

Thanks again for making such a great game.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

This is absolutely bullshit news. Other than fusion the wipeout games represent my favourite titles on each system they were on... wipeout 3 se, pulse and HD. I can't believe sony would do this. I hope they take care of SL with decent redundancy at least. I post on neogaf a bit and it's almost a cliche there to cite HD as the best piece of downloadable content this gen, that's how ****ing good the game is. It just seems insane that they'd do this and let the incompetents in charge of Home keep their jobs. Really, truly infuriating. Even sadder when you consider that this represents the conclusion of the long-time greatness that was psygnosis.

I'm gonna play nothing but HD this week just to give the game some traffic.

Well done SL, gaming wouldn't be the same without you guys.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DeepMix

thank you a lot i wish you guys all the best, wipeout hd has given me the best fun i ever had and i consider it one of the best games i ever played in my whole life, im in love with this game i feel really sad for this announcement just hope the online server keep running...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Sony is doing everything in its power to make me wanna trade my PS3 in. No Ace Combat, No Sly Cooper, and now you get rid of the developer of my favourite PS3 game.

My best wishes goes to all of those affected and that your future endeavors all go well. You have touched all of us at the WOZ forum and many more, allowing for good memories to be made. We will never forget this, and I hope that you can be proud for this.

Big Ups Studio Liverpool/Psygnosis, from an ordinary gamer
    ~RedScar
    (off to watch game credits)

PSN ID
    Z-U

Really kind words of support from you all. Yesterday was a very grim day indeed.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Good luck to everyone who has lost their job at SL. I have played every Wipeout game and I still do! Wipeout has changed my life in a good way. Having fun with friends from all around the globe.

It is the perfect combination of music, art, gaming, future philosophy and the dance scene.

Thank you so much SL.

Greetz Mad-Ice
    Last edited by Mad-Ice; 30th January 2010 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Grammar horror!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I've always had fond memories of Wipeout, and while I don't completely have a grasp of the latest news at SL, I'd be sad if the result meant Wipeout became a dead franchise.

To Studio Liverpool

edit: I wanted the beer icon, not the chirpy face that comes with it

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Is THIS work life balance, or what?

Yesterday I got so many 'good-bye' and 'farewell' messages from my US colleagues who are not going to make the step to the 'Other' company and now this ... Another farewell to the one and only 'loved' game I have. I think I'm at 500 hours atm. All the other games are just for the short experience. Nothing compared to W'O''

Thank you SL for letting me enjoy your creation and speed experience

You will be remembered!

What a sad day that was.

C4U - Speedjunkie, Petrolhead and WipEout addict.

btw, Anyhow, looking forward to whatever the brand and code owners are going to do with this community and fanbase. Please, don't f* this up!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    PEPEDA

as always good things come to an end,WIPEOUT is probably with street fighter II the game i have played most in my life,i`m 33 and i have been into videogames since pong or arkanoid,now Sony decided to cut SL wings....sad day,really sad news,i bought my PS3 with LBP but i have to admit WO is the GAME,in caps.
    the only thing i can expect is that you guys,the wipeoutzone crew still support this fantastic dream,this family,and we all toghether continue playing WO/Fury for long time.
    Ahora en español que me puedo ensañar un poquito mejor.
    El que me conoce sabe que soy un tio visceral,quizas mal hablado,pero que le voy a hacer.
    No entiendo como una compañia tan potente y con un capital social tan enorme decide echar a la puta calle,a un grupo de desarrollo de entretenimento digital con la trayectoria de Psygnosis/Studio Liverpool.
    Con la de alegrias que este grupo de genios ha dado en todas las consolas de Sony.
    ¿Cual es el problema Pepe Sony?que este año en vez de ganar 200 millones de euros vais a meteros en la saca solo 150? que os f...en vivos,canallas,desagradecios.
    siento rabia ahora mismo,y lo ultimo que voy a decir son dos pu.as maldiciones:
    que cada vez que un aficionado a la saga WO,recuerde este momento le de a quien corresponda un dolor de muelas que le dure un mes;
    Y al enterao e iluminao sabio que ha decidio que SL debe cesar sus actividades le de el puto dolor de la burra,que reventò hasta la estaca donde estaba amarrada.
    He dicho,un saludo a todos.

P.D. thanx to Studio Liverpool crew,you guys make me happy playing your games,we´ll miss you,farewell lads.
    Last edited by PEPEDA; 30th January 2010 at 11:39 AM.

PSN ID
    PLazarou

This seems extremely unfair.

Thank you SL, and good luck to all those affected.