Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Was WHD the only reason you bought a PS3?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Lol Leung, of course Sony didn't erase hd from our hard drive. They just all backstabbed us yesterday. As a pure Sony fanboy since the first Playstation days, I didn't buy my ps3 for hd, but I spent 99% of my gaming time on it. I bought almost any so-called AAA games on ps3, but I've always been disappointed by their mediocrity compared to this state-of-the-art game. Now I'm not a playstation fanboy anymore, I'll never forget what they did yesterday. Wipeout hd is now the only reason why I'm turning my ps3 on, but I'll play Ace-combat or Forza3 on xbox soon.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Yes, that is the reason I bought PS3 for HD.

Now, I`m starting to play Motorstorm again but not much atm due I`m too busy doing my house project, like new central heating and new electrical fusebox, which was done last week and I`m working on kitchen atm and then I will fit a new front door. Yes I will take pictures from start to finish.

Will I play WipEout? hell yes all the time, cos, I must have covered nearly 2000 hours of playing ALL WipEouts!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Not for me, since I got a PS3 right at the start. My primary purpose using the
    PS3 is for Cell programming. I'm about to develop a simple computational
    fluid dynamics solver, simpleCFD, for educational purpose, which will later be
    parallelized over all SPEs. All the work should end up in a book for
    undergraduate students of mathematics, computer science, and engineering,
    where the mathematics is threated rightfully and where one also gets a working
    source code to see everything in motion.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Quote Originally Posted by ACE-FLO View Post
    I did, dude - its bricked! no matter, HD FURY forever... or until they turn the servers off! gah!
    Do not say such words!
    Last edited by Dark_Phantom_89; 30th January 2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: bolded quote

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by kanar View Post
    ...but I'll play Ace-combat or Forza3 on xbox soon.
    Arghh, even to punish Sony, don't fall in microsoft's claws, mate !!

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

**** YEAH this is the main reason for my purchase of the PS3!!!!!! Actually, I puchased a total of 3 PS3s because of this game... I 80 GB PS3 and HDTV for my father, so that he could play me from long distance... I new 120 GB Slim PS3 for my brother, as well as Wipeout HD Fury for the both of them.. and my 160 GB PS3 of course... Still gonna buy a big HDTV when I get back from downrange in Iraq as well!! Otherwise, I wouldn't want such a large HDTV...

I love Wipeout and have worked hard as well to support it, and this makes SL some of my heart space... I support SL with 101% of my heart for hualing this game out of the gutter of fusion... Amen...

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Yes! Just because of WipEout.

Played some other games, yes, but without W'O'' no PS3 at this site

PSN ID
    Amorbis

WipEout HD wasn't the only reason I bought a PS3, but was one of the biggest factors certainly. I bought a PS3 in the April of 2007 in hope that WipEout and Metal Gear would be out within a years time, but both games had some delays, which actually helped me get into a few other games such as Oblivion and WarHawk.

I was always likely to get a PS3, but WipEout HD made sure I got it quite quickly.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

(whoops, accidentally posted in this thread instead of another)
    Last edited by Koleax; 30th January 2010 at 03:07 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

I held out until there was a clear winner between the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray war and when that was clear I bought the PS3 for Blu-Ray primarily but I also wanted two games. Wipeout and Gran Turismo. Of course I was bummed when there wasn't a Wipeout for the PS3 and Gran Turismo wasn't a full release (will it ever be?). But since Wipeout came out I've played it continually since. I play other games but only casually.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by kanar View Post
    Lol Leung, of course Sony didn't erase hd from our hard drive. They just all backstabbed us yesterday. As a pure Sony fanboy since the first Playstation days, I didn't buy my ps3 for hd, but I spent 99% of my gaming time on it. I bought almost any so-called AAA games on ps3, but I've always been disappointed by their mediocrity compared to this state-of-the-art game. Now I'm not a playstation fanboy anymore, I'll never forget what they did yesterday. Wipeout hd is now the only reason why I'm turning my ps3 on, but I'll play Ace-combat or Forza3 on xbox soon.
    +100

Except for the bit about xbox (), well said

Rialto, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    someguy63-

Talking

WoHD was one reason for me getting a PS3 on Christmas. The Price and console life was superior in comparison to An Xbox 360. they were the main reasons. I wanted to get WoHd once getting the PS3 and I did.

Timezone
    GMT -2
    PSN ID
    AurigaAB

-Was WHD the only reason you bought a PS3?

Yes. Also got a PSP for Pure / Pulse.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

I saw this video and funny as it is, I was reminded of the reason why I bought te PS3, so I thought I'd share it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TM3GbxaNLI enjoy

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

Quote Originally Posted by AurigaAB View Post
    -Was WHD the only reason you bought a PS3?

Yes. Also got a PSP for Pure / Pulse.
    Same here - PSP first, with Pure followed by Pulse. I only got my PS3 just before xmas, and still haven't played online yet!! (Too busy, but it's coming soon)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

lol now that I think about it, I originally bought a PSP only for Wipeout Pure too I bought Pure before the PSP was even released, then I grabbed an old PSP-1000 model on launch day (and subsequently returned it FIVE TIMES until I got one without any dead pixels). I never bought any other games for the thing, though. Portable gaming isn't really important to me, and I eventually got a Slim so I could play Pure on my TV... I wish Pulse weren't so different from Pure, I never liked it from the day I tried it at a friend's house.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

MGS4 was.

But this is now a reason to have a PS3, is the game which i played the most.

PSN ID
    slimjim2097

It wasnt the only reason i bought mine there were a few games i wanted and WO HD was one of them

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Elois-13

WO was one of the exclusives that made ps3 far more appealing than 360 ( along with the last guardian ).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Amon69it

Of course not, wipeout hd is a great title but the ps3 lineup is full of beatiful games