Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: SL redundancies and the future [if any] of HD

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by XpanDrome2097 View Post
    ... Mmmhh, am not very happy if a new WipEout will be released from some new minds...because I think that only the actual (or "past", brrr...) staff has the right ideas to make this game unique and flawless. ...
    I wouldn't say this. Sure there are examples of developers who messed up a
    whole sequel, like Slant Six Games did with SOCOM Confrontation, but I think
    with the right minded people in place a possible next Wipeout may become as
    good as any previous title or perhaps even better then anyone might think off.
    Up to my point of view it isn't too difficult to envision a new Wipeout and things
    alike, but it's difficult to find talented programmers who can actually bring a
    vision to life. As a programmer you really have to love the project you are
    working on, since otherwise you can't go beyond yourself.

Is it possible that WipEout HD (SL) has suffered from its own quality? I mean
    the game has outdone many other high to mid-profile games in terms of quality
    but didn't sold that much in comparison. This is a problem, isn't it?

@Koleax: True, the addition of ads (the way it was done) somehow showed us
    that something was going wrong. Btw; if I'm lucky enough I might be able to
    play and to record a ZONE run of the preview build. I now know a German
    magazine who has everything in place. One more thing, the preview build
    doesn't run on a standard PS3.
    Last edited by ProblemSolver; 29th January 2010 at 03:53 PM.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Yeah, you're right Blackwiggle, i overreacted mate

time to make a wipEout level on LBP

@SONY - WE WANT MORE WIPeOUT, assign a developer to make one. PLEASE

[dreams: Sony develop a studio specifically to make wipEout games - Studio WipEout so shoot meeeee

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Studio WipEout. xD Pretty cool! Where do I have to sign?

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Mate, if only eh?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Google Studio Liverpool redundancies.
    The wipeoutzone has never had so much publicity,I posted a copy of what rob wrote at the sites main page at the PS forums as soon as I saw it.

All other games forums/sites have been coming here and citing the zone as the source to check WTF has gone down as it a huge shock to the gaming community

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Really? that's hardly surprising imo. A top end ps3 game development studio goes duck shite, it's gonna make serious waves across the international gaming communities. And this happens when we Brits are apparently coming out of the recession. hmmm... makes sense... not!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Sony has taken the word WipEout literally. Arrgh!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by ACE-FLO View Post
    obnoxiously bold text
    No. Very no. Wipeout isn't Sony's, or it SHOULDN'T be. A company as irresponsible and disconnected as Sony this generation shouldn't be allowed to handle an IP like Wipeout. I'd like to see everyone who was fired build their own company and take hold of Wipeout themselves; that way more people could play it if it became multi-platform, and they could potentially have greater development freedom.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

In my understanding Sony holds the IP, aren't they? If true, one would have pay
    them a lot of money to get it out. How much would it cost? An estimate, anyone?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    Is it possible that WipEout HD (SL) has suffered from its own quality? I mean
    the game has outdone many other high to mid-profile games in terms of quality
    but didn't sold that much in comparison. This is a problem, isn't it?
    I do think that Wohd did good score regarding how it benefits of a huge promo campaign (adverts are not for wohd, adverts are IN wohd ) !!

The releasing of the BRD may explain that the game reached at least a certain level, no ?

This is really bad news.

i was holding out hope they would just reshuffle staff about a bit, but to essentially end Psgnosis/studio liverpool's great work is dissapointing.

colour me worried if Sony holds the Wipeout IP and intends to make another at some point. I would love the Studio Liverpool crew to start their own studio or do something on xbox 360.

hopefully they will all find work and get to work on something they enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ericd7m

That's very sad news
    Thanks a lot for your work Studio Liverpool , wipeout hd is the best game i've ever played.
    I wish you all the best for the future !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

@leungbok: That might be true, but gaining quality is usually a very
    expensive tasks. One has to set the entire development cost of WOHD
    into perspective to all units sold.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

This does not mean someone has pushed the stop button guys, most likely it's just the pause button...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    abukii

Whoa...my initial post in this thread must have been almost directly after Rob's. So its official now? I- I am at a loss for words. It would explain a lot of messages over Xmas/ New Years that went unanswered. Man...my heart goes out to Studio Liverpool, my favorite development company, EVER. Best wishes to all of you hardworking souls. May WipEout (the TRUE WipEout) live forever!!!!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

I only have one thing to say;

SONY/SCEE, KEEP THE WipEout HD SERVERS RUNNING.

For once, show that you have the slightest care and concern for this wonderful, GLOBAL community of WipEout HD and leave us play it until the end of days. And more, re-create another developement studio for another WipEout title in a not so distant future.

On a side note, i would gladly pay a yearly subscription fee for PSN to stack money so SL would still be alive...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyonshi View Post
    On a side note, i would gladly pay a yearly subscription fee for PSN to stack money so SL would still be alive...
    +1

Gah my third post here, but I do feel like I lost something important today. It's a real disillusion to see how Sony treated one of their most talented crew. They were the first to really use CELL's power, & run a ps3 game at 60fps/1080p. They released a masterpiece, after releasing 2 awesome games on PSP (and even more awesome at 333mhz...). I lost all my hopes today, & I've now ZERO respect for this brand I used to love so much since the first Playstation. Unconditional love. Just opened my eyes today. They're fkin morrons. And I understand Ace-Flo, the fkin Sony's execs probably don't care, but I'm going to buy an Xbox360 in the next days, with Forza3 (Really fed up to wait for their fkin gt5 vaporware) & ace combat. Just feel the need to punish them at my own, humble level.

I wish all the best to the guys who lost their job today. You gave me my best gaming experience ever. I'll never forget that. Please give us some news, as PS said we really hope to see you posting here. And as DawnFireDragoon said...
    Last edited by kanar; 29th January 2010 at 05:53 PM.

PSN ID
    PHO-KU

http://www.develop-online.net/news/3...-restructuring

i read about the news earlier this morning from the developer mag and mailer i'm subscribed to.

sad day indeed.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I'll be perfectly honest: this is not my first post here, but recently I have been forced to use this account I made a while ago.
    But I have something to say, and I believe that only hear it can be heard by the people concerned. I wish the forum administration will allow me to.

To Studio Liverpool:
    Thank you for WipEout, for those five years since PurE on the PSP, for the friends I made and met and played with for all this time. Only another game kept me this long, and it is Unreal Tournament. To me, you are as special, as talented as Epic Games, and it's a shame to see this go because you are not an independent company and are directed by incompetent suits. It is a shame that the only developer on the PS3 who managed to unlock full HD 1080p at sixty frames per second has to go this way, out the back door with so much secrecy (Though not enough, judging by the reactions, and I am happy to see people reacting, it shows how important you were to the community)
    Also, sorry Studio Liverpool, for what I have said. I had no idea that this was going on after the merger with Evolution. I sincerely apologize to you all and wish you the best for the future. Hopefully more WipEout in the future with you guys still at the helm, but until then I will remember you and cherish the good memories I have.

Thanks again.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

[abnoxiously bold text: written in the vain hope that someone from Sony is here anonymously... not likely though]

Anyway, Damn - what doe this mean for the online community? DO we still get active servers? What up with that?

EDIT: Kanar, thanks man, I know what you mean too. The whole 'unconditional love' thing was pretty unanimous for all of us eh? looks like we all got a lil kick in the butt to wake our asses up ... as for getting an xbox, mate - I will get one, with Forza and Ace Combat too... see you on server heaven (xbox lag free connection) soon. Who knows, avalon on Forza3 could be something eh? just saying I just hope my hands can adapt to the awful ergonomics of the xbox controller this is sad, I'm having to buy an xbox now. I didn't think I'd be doing that this year.

But I'll still play wipEout, I'll still rock it coz its not SL's fault they got disbanded, some things just are... yeah it pisses me off but hey, we still got HD Fury and as long as the servers are running, I'm racing... that's what it's all about anyway. Racing for the thrill of it, and this format does provide big thrills... Big up and full humble respects to all ex SL employees, and to all who ever got involved with wipEout throughout its' many incarnations. Nuff said from me on the subject... but I still wanna know if the servers will remain active
    Last edited by ACE-FLO; 29th January 2010 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Didnt wanna start anothere post... jeeyup!