Thread: SL redundancies and the future [if any] of HD

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default SL redundancies and the future [if any] of HD

I don't know if you are like me and just arrive at the wipeoutzone directly at the forum pages.
    But you might of missed what Rob has posted at the sites main page,I'll copy/paste it here.

Quote Originally Posted by wipeoutzone.com
    Sony Computer Entertainment is poised to announce sweeping redundancies at Studio Liverpool on Friday the 29th of January 2010, with the obvious casualties being from the team that created the recently completed the WipEout HD and Fury titles.

What does this mean for the WipEout franchise long term?

Only time will tell - although it's clear that the flagship series was being mothballed for a while anyway, after a relative glut of titles since 2005's WipEout Pure.

WipEoutZone extends best wishes to everyone affected by this corporate cost-cutting maneuver.
    Not the sort of news either the people at SL wanted to hear or the fans of wipeout or any other SL made game.

Personally I think it's a power play leveraged by SCEA to get more of their own way over SCEE .
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 28th January 2010 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Added quotes as there was more text after it - just for clarity.