Thread: Custom soundtrack = freezing?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Question Custom soundtrack = freezing?

DeepMix said to me, during England Vs North America, that custom music is somehow implicated in making the game freeze. I turned it off like he suggested me and seems that everything is doing fine now, no more freezing since sunday.

I got over 110 songs in my custom playlist. Yes im a freak i know Maybe having a huge playlist considerably increases the chances of crashing? How much songs do you have in yours, guys? Did you noticed something went wrong after you add more tunes to it? Anybody got official explanation for this?

Sorry if another thread about this is already existing, but i felt the need to ask anyway.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Zoth-Ommog

Well i slam 7500 mp3's in to my PS harddrive, and the system choked like hell, especially when i tried to launch Wipeout so sure, i believe there is some weird connection between wipeout freeze/crash/bullshit and huge playlist or number of files on your HDD.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Got 4 playlists each with about 500 songs on them then 2 more playlists with about 100 songs. Got about 15000 songs on my PS3 in total, made these playlists before adding all that though, too much of a pain in the arse to sort through.

Had em since may-ish.

Don't know if they have anything to do with the freezing but I know that I race without music once every 6 or so races (also happens offline in all modes) for some random-ass reason.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

good lord why do people have so much music on their machines? lol I think I have about 70 - 100 songs total on my ps3, no playlist bigger than 15 tracks, and I've never had any problems...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Haha, I don't have playlists, but I often freeze !

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Loopan2k

Ya when i go to switch the music lists from default to my PS3's, it sort of freezes for about 5 seconds, then resumes.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I'd assume that the game has trouble reading a large amount of tracks. I only have 14 songs in total and I'm fine.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It shouldn't freeze if you sort the songs into small playlists of around 10 - 20 songs,which is plenty for Wipeout.
    It's when it has to go searching through a huge block of MP3's that causes the freezes.

PSN ID
    novide

i have over 200 songs in the playlist and no freezes...

Timezone
    GMT -6

i think you guys really are overloading the ps3 with too much music. i have an easy and convinient solution to this. i have a 2GB memory stick, load up a playlist i make on my laptop. then i just use those 100-200 songs for my current gaming session. then when im done, i delete the music unless i know i will need it again soon. otherwise, i just wait to make a new playlist on my laptop. that way, all my music isnt stored on the ps3 which could cause problems as seen in some cases. =)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

7500, 15000 tracks???? Ok i retire what i said, i'm no music freak, i'm a freakin' noob xD

I think that Blackwiggle's advice is the best. I've thought of doing so, but didn't want to go through the hassle of sorting all my tracks into several folders. Seems it will be necessary though, i simply love racing with my own music. I've waited so long about that anyway

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    il_mago_di_Doz

Quote Originally Posted by novide View Post
    i have over 200 songs in the playlist and no freezes...
    Same here

Timezone
    GMT + 1

It often happened to me with a 2hr radio program. And sometimes with few music tracks. I don't know why.

But all the times i start Fury, when i'm listening the ost, it starts all over again, and no resume from the previous day.