Thread: Gemini Dam

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Default Gemini Dam

Hmmm, so what are the odds that the name of this course was inspired by the Moody Blues song, "Gemini Dream"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3QLFFVFpp0

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Talking

Hehe, maybe it is, but I think the corners are way more prog than the Moody Blues. More like 80s King Crimson or something.

btw, Gemini Dam Black is the best track of all Wipeouts!

Music doesn't have to be progressive to be good. I liked King Crimson aNd the Moody Blues. Although, come to think of it, the Moodies did some unique things in music that could also be considered progressive back in the late 60s, very early 70s.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Talking

Hehe, I used the analogy because Gemini Dam Black is such a crazy track, with lots of changes, so it seems "more prog" to me . It's quite a mess really, but still my favourite track by far (and I do like a few 80s King Crimson tracks, despite their naffness).

"Starless and Bible Black"
    A pre-80s track, but interesting.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmadSmartAlex View Post
    Hehe, I used the analogy because Gemini Dam Black is such a crazy track, with lots of changes, so it seems "more prog" to me .
    Strange definition, crazy but useful !
    I love this track, the best from the downloadable packs of Pulse.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

So I'm not the only one who likes it best after all!
    And now, because of the thread title, I can spam all I like about it without being off-topic!

edit: unless it gets locked, of course...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Yeah, I'm sure it is coincidence but the names are SO similar-- "Gemini Dream" vs. "Gemini Dam"-- that I wondered if the Moody Blues were an inspiration, perhaps even an subconscious one

Gemini Dam is a great track, IMHO it is the best of the DLC courses in Pulse.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

I agree!
    The Black run is just flawlessly designed IMO, with no annoying respawns or nasty unpredictable parts, and it's really difficult to learn as well!

I cant remember why we called it that, it was something to do with the two drops and possibly it was named before I ripped a section out, it was a long time ago.
    In all honesty I know what I wanted to do with the track, but I have never been completely happy with it, actually thinking about it, I cant even recall if it was one of mine or Karls, but it was never as polished in terms of how it played as I wanted.

oh and I have nothing against the moody blues, but I am fairly sure it was more to do with it having a setting in a dam, and something to do with twins...

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Wow, I'm really surprised that you're not too happy with it, but thanks for making it anyway ! Feels kind of strange to disagree with the man who created the track , but for me, the Black version is just perfect to race on - by far my favourite Wipeout track.