Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frustrated With This Game...(Help Me)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

OMG OMG OMG !!
    I happily won the 8 races tournament in grid 7 on first attempt. In fact, I won all till grid 8 in Elite without too much difficulty (except Sol2 in Flash, I ran at least 10 times to get it).
    But grid 8 est TOTALLY different!!! Before, each ship tried to win, now they are ALL against you (ie : me)!!!!
    At least 10 tries for Anulpha to get gold... Dudes, I got Zico, I usually win easily this track. I've been in 1st place nearly each time but they always shot me !!!!
    Imagine, I'm 1st place, I'm on the shortcut before the endline, I fall on the left for the classic BR... I was 8th when I crossed the line...
    Or 1st place, I have a boost... I keep it for the right place and I think "They will never catch me back if I can use my boost in the right place". I was killed by a Plasma ... this never happens.

Well, nevermind, I'll beat them all

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

virtual training ground... for online races

when i started playing wipeout hd i was crap.i couldnt get past event 3 on novice for a long time.thought it was impossible game.
    But.....
    i kept playing and i got better and got all the gold elite medals and trnsedance trophy.
    most elite races i could win.
    point im making something just seem impossible but after practise they become possilbe.just good practise and believe you can do it and it will come cos i have no real talent for computer games cos i dont play enough and i really dont believe in natrual talent either its just how much practice you put in that counts.it was just hard graft and commitment.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin-jade View Post
    ... and i really dont believe in natrual talent either its just how much practice you put in that counts.it was just hard graft and commitment.
    Saw that and thought I'd point something out which I had read recently...

http://arstechnica.com/science/news/...e-at-fault.ars

Sorry for the off-topic post

Rialto, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    someguy63-

I would do the entire campaign on Novice and get all golds. Then, do it again on Skilled and finally on Elite.

I completly skipped Skilled and went straight to Elite. Finish 1st 3 sub-campaigns with all Elite golds.
    Last edited by OneAVGNFan; 26th January 2010 at 03:59 PM.

Amplificated, I think that was at least related to the topic to some degree [although discussion of the brain structure's place in gaming would belong in a separate thread] and its a nice link. Ars Technica is one of my fave sites.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Loopan2k

im doing campaign on elite. Event 3 is seems impossible.. but i'll finish her soon enough.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Troubles began at Event 5 for me.
    Big troubles arrived only at event 8... and are still here

hardest things for me on campaign elite were

sol rapier race

sol phantom race
    chengu phantom race
    sebenco phantom race

the rest was do-able

zico was pretty easy as i left this to the last challenge so i was pretty good before i even started it plus i had access to the videos of how to do it.

zeus wasnt to hard cos i left that till second from last challnge and got top tips off of problems solver on how to do it.plus syncopia was invented by the time I went for zeus so i had it easy.

i think i took 2 months ..maybe 3 months to get platinmum

with plenty of TT SL and phantom online inbetween.

what i am saying is it takes time to learn game and playing mostly in phantom get you to be skillful and gives you skills to beat the game.

a venom pilot has more trouble playing phantom than a phantom pilot playing venom. Thats not saying venom players are poor its that a venom pilot has to deal with super speed the are not used too a phantom player needs only to learn the fine details of the track as crashing or losing your line simply wont happen at that speed.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

@YoshiXL: Once you have mastered most of the useful techniques scattered all
    over here, you might be able to beat the AI by about 5 seconds on each track.
    You can do it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiXL View Post
    I think the problem is that i oversteer... but i dont know how to really fix this right now.
    I know how to fix that one.

Change ship.

Really, it's easier to find a ship that turns the way you expect it to than to change the way you steer AG craft around the track.

I always thought that WOXL was crazy, because it listed Feisar as the "easy" ship, and Qirex as the "expert" ship. I couldn't win a single race in the Feisar, and I almost couldn't lose in the Qirex.

Fly the ship that fits your playstyle best.

Or, put more succinctly, always fly whatever you can go fastest in. 8 )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Guys, you can't imagine how angry I'm right now!
    I just tried to get the last gold medal is missing for me in campaign : the last tournament (in elite, of course).
    I spent at least 20 tries just on the first frakking race, this easy and stupid race that is Vineta K! They hit me each single time, I've never been so closed to throw a pad in a screen in my life!
    I had to stop before becoming litteraly crazy.

I think I won't play this game ever again when I will get platinum

EDIT : well, after a break to calm down... I can't explain why/how but I won the tournament on first attempt with Harimau o_O'.
    Just "Arcade Perfect" trophy and Platinum is mine!
    Last edited by Temet; 31st January 2010 at 04:25 PM.