Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mpa!

PSN ID
    slow-train aka pitbulldug

Default Mpa!

Is it just me! or has anyone else came to realize in this past week. that they have developed a serious addiction to wipeouthd multiplayer online racing??? i reckon i must try about 20 times a day to login to psn lol
    anyway i dont know the correct name for this condition so im calling it multi player addiction or MPA
    for me its a case of wanting what i cant have
    any comments on how some of you hardcore online racers feel?
    also i must add that i have been playing wipeouthd online since october 2008,so its not like its a new fad for me!
    Last edited by slow-train; 29th April 2011 at 06:12 AM. Reason: bad spelling

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I forget where, [probably in either the WO3 or 2097 sections] somebody posted how it was possible for two people with PC's running emulation software to play online multiplayer of the old wipeouts.
    You both need a copy of the same games obviously.
    You appear as two player spilt screen on each others screens, sort of like the old LINK cable set up's of back then, but each player is online instead of in the same room.
    It wasn't posted that long ago, a few months tops.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

Yeah, Im definitely missing multiplayer, but in the meantime Ive been doig tracks over and over on phantom elite, especially theones i dont like. Hoping when PSN comes back online I will have improved another notch or two.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ID_7of9

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by slow-train View Post
    Is it just me! or has anyone else came to realize in this past week. that they have developed a serious addiction to wipeouthd multiplayer online racing??? i reckon i must try about 20 times a day to login to psn lol
    anyway i dont know the correct name for this condition so im calling it multi player addiction or MPA
    for me its a case of wanting what i cant have
    any comments on how some of you hardcore online racers feel?
    also i must add that i have been playing wipeouthd online since october 2008,so its not like its a new fad for me!
    Hi slowie, you know me since the beginning I still claim, i am no gamer, am just a pilot. I love online races, i need (!) online races, its like a kind of sport. All the many different feelings during and after a good race... WipEout is not only just a game!.

I started playing WipEout a year ago, and you know i never played on ps3 any other game before, i think i told you. I was playing it online EVERY DAY. After reaching level 101 i reduced online playing, but i kept on racing daily. During this psn outage, i made my second WO Platinum on my second account. Is this a sign of addiction? lol I know, i will play WO as long as i am able to play it online and I am looking forward to our next online races!!

PSN ID

lol 7 i know your gonna totally plasma my ass on our first race n well done for getting your 2nd plat

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Quite glad of the break to be honest, it's given me a chance to nail racebox. Although I am looking forward to a mammoth celebratory online session when PSN returns.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

Agrees with the colonel. I only started playing last month and I've been going hard on it since I started trying to improve. When online comes back we'll see just how much Ive improved...

ion harvest is offline Banned for sending profane and abusive PM's Rapier Pilot
    PSN ID
    ion_harvest

No practicing here. I have been working and enjoying the sun we have been getting here in old blighty. burnt back of my neck. I don't care. Its SUN SUN SUN. And its FUN FUN FUN.

I haven't played in weeks now. Not missing it much but at night sometimes I want to play online and can't bcuz PSN lol. Its a little bit annoying but there's always beer and friends around ti help pass some time.

I hear PSN plans on going active on May 3rd now. And that they are actually planning to compensate 77m users in some way. I also hear Sony are facing a 1.5bn US fine? Wow

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

I think 1.5 billion is actually getting off easy considering they allowed over 70 million peoples personal details to be compromised...

ion harvest is offline Banned for sending profane and abusive PM's Rapier Pilot
    PSN ID
    ion_harvest

I would be happy with a premium theme and 3months free membership to Playstation + ... Sound good?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

I already have psn plus...

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel__Gaddafi View Post
    Quite glad of the break to be honest, it's given me a chance to nail racebox. [..]
    Racebox FTW!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    I forget where, [probably in either the WO3 or 2097 sections] somebody posted how it was possible for two people with PC's running emulation software to play online multiplayer of the old wipeouts.
    You both need a copy of the same games obviously.
    You appear as two player spilt screen on each others screens, sort of like the old LINK cable set up's of back then, but each player is online instead of in the same room.
    It wasn't posted that long ago, a few months tops.
    Hiyo,
    It was over here:
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7990
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSktTehbGVA
    We managed to get wo64 working fairly smoothly albeit sans sound (from canada to australia!!!) but wo3 was a flop and desyncd fairly badly.
    Was a good proof of concept though

PSN ID

Quote Originally Posted by ion harvest View Post
    No practicing here. I have been working and enjoying the sun we have been getting here in old blighty. burnt back of my neck. I don't care. Its SUN SUN SUN. And its FUN FUN FUN.

I haven't played in weeks now. Not missing it much but at night sometimes I want to play online and can't bcuz PSN lol. Its a little bit annoying but there's always beer and friends around ti help pass some time.

I hear PSN plans on going active on May 3rd now. And that they are actually planning to compensate 77m users in some way. I also hear Sony are facing a 1.5bn US fine? Wow
    seems a bit xtreem,n why should america benefit when the whole world was affected?
    anyway this has somehow moved of topic! cmon dudes just admit you are missing online racing or just dont post

PSN ID
    Aeralys

The lack of online didn't hit me at first because I bought Mortal Kombat to mess about on, though having to play that game offline too wore it out quickly.

I'm beginning to miss the Wipeout multiplayer fun now. Also I'm annoyed beacuse about half an hour ago I got a speed lap record of 22:93 on Anulpha Pass (Forward, Rapier), and I can't sync it!

Ah well, back to Racebox.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    icarasDragon

I've grown a bit further out from MPA at the moment. It's a bit hard to get re-addicted when the only people you can split-screen with haven't really played WipEout (Too much easy meat )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

I miss online racing so much that I find it hard to even bother playing offline these days... It's kind of like... I cant get motivated and I need the adrenaline associated with racing tough opponents where a loss is so much more bitter and a win is so much sweeter. I think DP said it in the "cant connect???" thread that he hasn't really played wo since psn went offline and I am the same way. I think I might have lost a bit of my edge even XD so all you raceboxers go easy on me when we get back online again ^^;

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

I also am not amused by the cpu opponents and would rather race real opponents, but the fact that I haven't been playing for terribly long means I can't let off the gas if I want to continue to actually improve. I dont care for racebox, but it is a tool necessary to achieve my goal of continuing to improve... You guys have the experience edge on me always, but I'm working on it... Can't wait to get online now...Im chomping at the bit...

PSN ID

hope the records do sync when its all back up and running! 56 zico laps and i finally managed the double br on the bridge,new pb

the double br on te bridge is one of the hardest in the game..wouldnt even hav a clue how to do one never mind doing one..

how do you do it..where do you aim ...pullup ..nose down etc..