Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Internal" view

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DarkseidMD

Being in this view is the only way I can fly. Jaminjack is another pilot that uses this view so add us to the list of internal/bumper view pilots!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Great video, DrMannevond! That's exactly where I was flying when I switched from internal to external - all over the place! It's just so different steering the ship in front of you while the camera doesn't move as much as its nose. You know, as compared to getting screen movement for every tiny move you make.

However: I got into it, practiced a few days - and finally got much better in HD, Pure and Pulse. It's the frigging barrel rolls, as was said before. Do them in a tight corner, only a few millimeters above the ground and you just don't see what's going to happen when you land and boost away. I assume a better pilot can compensate for that, but unfortunately I can't. Therefore, external is so much more comfortable for me.

Anyway, it WAS a relief going back to WO2097 and W3O - and internal view - last night!

Ben

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Quote Originally Posted by DarkseidMD View Post
    internal/bumper view pilots!
    That's more descriptive of the actual view...... bumper view. It's really not internal as Dan Locke already alluded to (unless you have your face plastered on the front of the cockpit). A true cockpit view would be awesome. Each ship with different cockpit control configurations. Mmmmmm.

I do agree that it certainly imparts more of a sensation of speed to the game but I rarely use it. It's more for fun. If I'm truly racing I don't use it.

We often call "internal" view "nosecam".

I am also one of those who prefer interior camera. I have so far only tried external camera in one or two races and failed completely. I also feel you get more sense of speed with internal, which makes it alot more exciting to play.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I use the external close camera and I think a cockpit view would be awesome in WOHD.
    I could use the internal view but I lose all my marks on the track when I do a barrel roll. I have to practice that.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    LurifaxFlux

I have a hard time knowing exactly where the edges of my ship are, to avoid touching walls or falling off bridges...
    Internal view would be a great advantage for Zone, simply cause the camera is always pointing straight forward.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

It is extremely fun to use, and in almost any other racing game this is the ONLY view I can accurately race with. WOHD I can't thx to BRs. It would be ok if they weren't so vital, but BRs can make or break your race, and I can't be vomiting every other race.

Great TT example from TCK, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38nEetT8Ue8
    Just for comparison, the 3rd person TT, http://www.youtube.com/user/TarotCar.../3/KFUamK1Qs7A

PSN ID
    gordo31874

Hiya.
    Since 2097, I've always been nosecam. Wipeout is all about eye blistering speeds, the sheer thrill of trying to go so fast you break the processor!! You get this sensation far more intensely, I believe, through nosecam.
    For me it also helps being as precise as possible on turns, really grazing the edges to hit the slick racing lines.
    All that said, however, I find nosecam in HD has some serious disadvantages.
    -BRs, as people have said, you've no idea where you are, until you land in row Z of the stand.
    - The sides of the track are mush less forgiving than say, 2097, and I think external cam does help you stay away for the killer sides a little more.
    Those two points aside, however, I stay with nosecam, and always will.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Internal view FTW!

I never thought that it was easier to see what's in front of you when you're racing internal. I thought it was the opposite, when racing a loop for example. But it may well be true in all other places.

The video above is exactly what designers of the next WipEout (if any) should watch. Do something about barrel rolls, please, this is too much!!

I have to admit though that keeping a good line after a hard BR is quite rewarding.

I use internal view since day one...
    it pretty easy if you get used to it even the barrels rolls.
    If you dont use it much then i would suspect its a nightmare of dissorientation..especially on subenco or any big collisions..
    When you use it all the time you can get used to what to do in these circumstances...

But then i used to play ridge racer the same so im used to it.pluss i drive in real life and thats cockpit view too.

does it make you more likely to win....noooo
    but it does make the game look ultra cool.

I always use HD ud with it and use the distance scanner to see who is where..

i can use far as well and use that on Zone sometimes...

I never use close its almost like cockpit without the thrill..

PSN ID
    Sphereshift

Since ever I chose the internal view. The feeling of beeing part of the is more intense. I am to have the feeling I am actually the pilot. And well, it feels faster and more exciting. Though I tried to use the other view to beat zico. That BR on the ledge is a bit easier when you see the whole ship I think. But that is the only exception.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by Autechom View Post
    That BR on the ledge is a bit easier when you see the whole ship I think. But that is the only exception.
    Hmmm, there's other BRs harder than this one !

PSN ID
    goddessloviatar

I've always used the internal view in any racing game that has it - I don't like the disconnected feeling I get from not knowing exactly which way the vehicle is pointing. Otherwise its seems like trying to drive a sportscar sitting on an office swivel chair instead of a bucket seat...

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

grrrrt stuff. lol, i like to switch in n out of views when i race. suits me fine lol

PSN ID
    Whizawk

I know the internal view is more of a thrill, but when I'm racing at times I use the far view because when inside the internal view, weapons do put me off when fired. That doesn't mean I can't race with internal view though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

i just realized that detornator is a lot more fun when played in "internal view"
    makes it so much easier to know where u're shooting, especially while taking turns

@leungbok ...your right the Br onto the bridge isnt the hardest Br..i used to think it was cos i couldnt really do it.but now i use it ok in races and have discovered much much more difficult BR's i just cant do..

I think the one off the last ramp on vineeta reverse is super hard....

back on subject...the only thing i dont like about internal view is that there are no controls or cockpit graphics...i would love that it would have made game so much more real...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Default ...

I was watching Xtriko's drunken airbreaker earlier tonight since I had linked it to my friend, who was in the market for just what the Airbreaker trophy was all about. I told him, obviously he hadn't heard the Legend of Drunken Airbreaker. Relevant because in it Xtriko went on to say while wearing his epic sombrero, how anybody could race from the close camera, as opposed to the internal, and I have to agree with him. Not only racing is it beautiful, but don't rob yourself of the beauty of the zone experience by playing from the close or far camera positions. Especially if you're playing on an HD television.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    wichetael

I always use bumper cam in any racer I play. The BRs can indeed be a bit tricky, but you do get used to it, just requires a bit more practice. In exchange you get a much better view of the track ahead. Though you do at times miss the picture behind you, but then again I prefer pure races to weapons races, in which case it's less of a problem.