Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: "Internal" view

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I've always played using internal view since my first few laps done with the first WipEout. External view simply won't get me that pure and fantastic high speed feeling which I am experiencing using internal view.

After more than a decade of internal view I found that I simply cannot switch back to external. I've tried to switch views with the introduction of BR in Pure and after some insane and mind blowing stunts in Freeplay mode on Vohl Square but external view simply doesn't work for me anymore. It's always me screwing up badly because I'm not able to determine the right points for turning and thus I either end up crashing into walls a lot or correcting my lines with some heavy airbraking when I use external view. It seems this is a bit like marriage for me - there's no turning back once you've made up your mind. And even if I get a headache after a phantom ride at Vohl Square or after a triple BR at Khara Descent this still feels better than a lot of wall crashing or loosing speed due to too much airbreaking.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

External view simply won't get me that pure and fantastic high speed feeling which I am experiencing using internal view.
    So true.

by the way: how many YouTube Records have you seen from internal view?
    I'm going to say there will be very few world records ever set in internal view in any wipeout (P.S. Unless you're asa! ), because it's way harder to tell how close you are to the edge of the track in internal view. More of the cons of using internal view are: it's very hard to tell how much in the air your ship is (for the newer games, limits BR attempts),
    it's very hard to see (when you're using Leech Beam, going through explosions, firing plasmas...etc.),
    it's impossible to know who is around you or behind you (without looking back).

But, this is all outweighed by the feeling of being in the cockpit. Just like you said Tomahawk. It's fun all the way!
    Last edited by Medusa; 8th February 2011 at 02:22 PM.

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

I use "internal view" in car racing games as it is actually "internal" and you can see the dashboard and all the internal instruments i.e- change gear and turn the steering wheel.
    But internal view on wipeout isn't internal... its just an external camera stuck on the very front of the ship. It would be good to have real internal view so you can see your ships internal gizmos and see the pilot play with his joystick and also you would see the ship surround you and reach out several meters in front! I hope this will be implemented in a future release!!

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

didn't wipeout3 have that?

I use bumpercam in wipeoutHD, but I use a chasecam in the PSP and original playstation wipeouts.
    in order to play HD in bumpercam I have to sit very close to the TV, however.. I don't really know what's going on in my head here...
    you soon grow accustomed to the ship edges relative to track edge. you find your line, and the feel you gain for the width of your ship is much like knowing where the far side of your car is when driving.

In car games I tend to use the camera so it shows the bonnet (hood for you americans) but I don't want to see the dash. I especially don't want to see the steering wheel.
    It always seemed silly to me seeing a steering wheel on screen if I am playing with a wheel in my hands

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    didn't wipeout3 have that?
    Yes and no. Actually it was just a bitmap layer above the bumber cam. Because you would actually see the hood or engines (imagine how Goteki45 would look like from the cockpit).

I use bumpercam in wipeoutHD, but I use a chasecam in the PSP and original playstation wipeouts.
    Haha, same here for a long time. I’m trying to switch to internal now, though. It simply offers the best feeling of pure speed. But especially with the original WipEouts it’s a lot harder because of the extreme drifting of the crafts.

In car games I tend to use the camera so it shows the bonnet (hood for you americans)
    WipEout Fusion had that!

PSN ID
    Sphereshift

Hm..*Don´t know how I did this, but sorry. Please delete. Thanks.*
    Last edited by Autechom; 13th February 2011 at 03:39 PM.

PSN ID
    Sphereshift

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    It's fun all the way!
    Absolutely. But I compare the opportunity costs of the rush-feeling with better times you seem to be capable to get using external. But still, I prefer the "I am actaully riding that damn vehicle"-feeling. I would take effort to really get used to the external. It just feels wrong somehow...

Ive recently started redoing the HD campaign and decided i would use internal view.

ive gotten more used to it now, its great! the sense of speed is so much better and it just feels as if you have more control kind of gotten used to the Barrel rolling, just trying to get the short cuts to work whilst the screen spins

internal convert maybe?
    Last edited by Nutcase:259; 7th April 2011 at 06:49 PM.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

I've been doing both campaign modes the last couple of days with my girlfriend's little brother. As it was on novice AI I decided I'd make it more interesting by using Internal view, and I have to say, it's ace! Even little things like absorbing and shielding are more involved, and BRs are cool as fk. I particularly like Zone, Detonator and Eliminator for it, leech beems have never looked as good as when you're weaving from side to side and looking though the beam.

One downside however is that you don't seem to get the same feel of the handling characteristics for each ship, and I can't imagine doing any decent TTs or SLs with it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

I accidently flipped the view before a race online yesterday and had to race with it on modesto reverse... It wasn't SO bad for the first time, but I did a barrel roll and my eyes took a crap on my brain.lol. Then, I actually tried the far view and to my surprise it felt natural. Still I switched back to the close view because I wanted to use the view I was familiar with online. I think i may give that far view a try again though. The advantage of having better vision of the area behind your ship were apparent even though I only tried it for one race.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

At first internal made me feel a bit sick, particularly on Zone, but I managed to get to Subsonic on Moa Therma. It certainly adds another dimension to the game, I'm going to use internal much more from now on,

PSN ID
    Xtriko, PS3, PSP & Vita

Like I said a few years ago...

WipEout is like sex. External is "fun", but... Internal is the real deal lol

France, 140km from Paris (west/south-west)
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Ace3cube

Yeah internal view is more impressive than ext.
    I use int on zone/battle zone. But for race external is better for BR (for me )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Funny thing : I'm currently in the train and I was playing Pure. I thought : let's try internal view. Easy track : Porto Kora. First lap is a disaster and I actually made an impressive comeback and won. Surprise : I did beat my lap record on lap 5!
    Last edited by Temet; 1st May 2011 at 09:34 AM.

PSN ID
    Xtriko, PS3, PSP & Vita

Congrats Temet I understand that internal is not so easy to control on BR's and SPECIALLY when you play online and get rammed. I lost many races cuz of situations like that. what can also happen is, you ramming ppl without even knowing. the final result may not be (usualy) as good as the "external" pilots, but, in my honest opinion, way more fun to come if you go internal. this might sound a little "xxx" but... I always go internal xD

X

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    icarasDragon

I'm switching back and forth, I'm trying internal in HD and sticking with it in PulsE (It's hard to see the next corner in external on a small screen )
    I always though it was a lot more fun though because it's the true WipEout experience. I always wondered why the devs set Internal view when you first play the game, but that's because that's the WipEout experience in it's most pure form .

Timezone
    GMT + 4

Wink

Funny thing with barrelrolls – but for me that’s to nervous tunnel trough - I can’t find the right handling at it – need quit a lot of races and when i change back aarrgg - too much shrink shrank LOL