Thread: "Internal" view

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Dark-Twisted

Question "Internal" view

Anyone tried the internal view for a good amount of time?
    Usually the view from the very front of the thing you're racing in hasn't been a turn-on to me in any game, and I was expecting no different in Wipeout, mainly because of the speeds you're racing at.

Change is always a bit of fun though, so I gave it a go on phantom class, while doing my 99 laps on Metropia, and I was surprised at how easy it was... in a way it was easier, while making the game feel faster and more exciting, and I got really good... is there something wrong with me here? I might start using it more often.

Your "Internal" view: opinions?

[EDIT] I apologise for my n00bness, this should reeally be moved to The Pilots Lounge :/ mods help?
    Last edited by Dark-Twisted; 19th January 2010 at 03:53 PM. Reason: mistake :/

PSN ID
    drMannevond

I'm with you on this one. Internal view feels faster, more intense and personally I find it easier to line up for cornering.
    There's not enough internal view pilots in my opinion - so keep at it

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    LurifaxFlux

Quote Originally Posted by DrMannevond View Post
    I find it easier to line up for cornering.
    I never thought about that but you're absolutely right, the external camera is always a bit delayed in turning, and internal isn't.

I never gave internal view a chance, it feels really wierd for me, but maybe I'll try it out some time.

Internal view has a different effect in different game versions, as for example between HD and WO3, so perhaps this thread should be left here in the HD section.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I've attempted to get the hang of internal view on HD a few times. It really does feel faster, more engrossing and more intense. Sadly, I've always failed. I can handle a few races but not much more. Controls feel too twitchy, whichever ship I use, and the faster speeds tend to give me a headache.

I did a comparison while doing some TT once and my results using internal view weren't bad, but they weren't nearly as good as close external view. With internal view, even when I felt I'd done a really good lap or session, the results just weren't as good as I expected. This might be due to a lack of dualshock at the time. I couldn't tell easily whether I was scraping walls, which will always be a handicap, unless you never scrape walls. I hadn't spent a massive amount of time on it, so I didn't expect amazing results, but as I said, it always felt like it went better than it actually had.

Something that I'd be intrigued to know is how certain things appear in internal view compared to external. A major thing would be the effect online when you get near a ship and get turned around from a laggy collision. I have a feeling that the effect doesn't appear nearly as drastic on the screen from internal. But without being able to see both at the same time, it's hard to tell.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    LurifaxFlux

The biggest disadvantage with internal view IMO is that you basically can't see anything while doing a barrel roll.

Lance: Exactly what do you mean with different effect?
    I tried WO3 with internal view (not cockpit), and the only difference I could see is that there are icons instead of visual effects for shield etc...
    Last edited by LurifaxFlux; 19th January 2010 at 07:37 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by DrMannevond View Post
    I'm with you on this one. Internal view feels faster, more intense and personally I find it easier to line up for cornering.
    There's not enough internal view pilots in my opinion - so keep at it
    I dig this topic up just to say that I totally agree with that.
    I've given internal view a try and I'll stick to it. Im not used to it yet but I'm really enjoying the game even more and I can see that I already have much better lines in corners.

Rialto, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    someguy63-

Internal view is wierd to me after you perform a barrel roll.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Vilael

I've always played internal view, but I'm trying to switch to get used to the external view.

I was hoping it would help me with the beat Zico trophy (Damn you Zico!) but I'm starting to wonder how wise that decision is.

Used to play internal with d-pad, and now I'm trying external with analog stick. (haven't played wipeout in a long time, and now, from other games I'm used to the analog stick and find piloting much smoother with it, with the exception of barrel rolls which I just can't yet consistently land onto the narrow pass.

I've also changed my button config just last night, so at the moment I'm piloting like a drunken monkey. (not that I was ever very good).

So I guess I'd have to say I prefer internal view, but I'm trying to adapt to external view, at least long enough to see if I can beat Zico.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    brummpahh

Hi Vilael,

when i began playing WO, some guy said internal
    view gives you some advantage concerning cornering.
    That's true so far.
    What he did not mention was, that you will never
    become a good time-trialer or online-gamer without
    excessive barrel-rolling. This is exactly the point why
    i switched (man this was superhard !!!) to external
    view after 8 months of WO. One week later i had some besttimes, i formerly could only dream of.
    BR's are so much easier to handle with external view.
    Last edited by brummpahh; 16th May 2010 at 07:56 PM. Reason: incorrect spelling

I use internal view since day one...
    it pretty easy if you get used to it even the barrels rolls.
    If you dont use it much then i would suspect its a nightmare of dissorientation..especially on subenco or any big collisions..
    When you use it all the time you can get used to what to do in these circumstances...

But then i used to play ridge racer the same so im used to it.pluss i drive in real life and thats cockpit view too.

does it make you more likely to win....noooo
    but it does make the game look ultra cool.

I always use HD ud with it and use the distance scanner to see who is where..

i can use far as well and use that on Zone sometimes...

I never use close its almost like cockpit without the thrill..

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Default ...

I was watching Xtriko's drunken airbreaker earlier tonight since I had linked it to my friend, who was in the market for just what the Airbreaker trophy was all about. I told him, obviously he hadn't heard the Legend of Drunken Airbreaker. Relevant because in it Xtriko went on to say while wearing his epic sombrero, how anybody could race from the close camera, as opposed to the internal, and I have to agree with him. Not only racing is it beautiful, but don't rob yourself of the beauty of the zone experience by playing from the close or far camera positions. Especially if you're playing on an HD television.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    wichetael

I always use bumper cam in any racer I play. The BRs can indeed be a bit tricky, but you do get used to it, just requires a bit more practice. In exchange you get a much better view of the track ahead. Though you do at times miss the picture behind you, but then again I prefer pure races to weapons races, in which case it's less of a problem.

PSN ID
    Xtriko, PS3, PSP & Vita

The trick is... use a sombrero lol
    Like I always say... WipEout is just like Sex. External is fun, but... Internal is the Real Deal

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    wichetael

lol, that has got to be the best wipeout comparison ever...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    JayMinerFan

Quote Originally Posted by xtriko View Post
    The trick is... use a sombrero lol
    Like I always say... WipEout is just like Sex. External is fun, but... Internal is the Real Deal
    I'm a bit late, but... external sex?
    Last edited by Dan Locke; 7th January 2011 at 01:08 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Zix-Xer

I always played the old wipeouts with external, later on when i graped my old ps1 with wipeout i used internal to beat my mates, from that point i felt like internal gave me a better speed rush! I wanted more, i bought a PS3 with wipeout HD and now I always play with internal, played the first few weeks external but the game just felt so mutch better internal!! zone 80+ speeds are just crazy internal it is a must for all players!!

PSN ID
    M1zw1z

I find it hard to do the internal TRIPLE br on ubermall. Dizzy :S

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Funny thing : I'm currently in the train and I was playing Pure. I thought : let's try internal view. Easy track : Porto Kora. First lap is a disaster and I actually made an impressive comeback and won. Surprise : I did beat my lap record on lap 5!
    Last edited by Temet; 1st May 2011 at 09:34 AM.

PSN ID
    Xtriko, PS3, PSP & Vita

Congrats Temet I understand that internal is not so easy to control on BR's and SPECIALLY when you play online and get rammed. I lost many races cuz of situations like that. what can also happen is, you ramming ppl without even knowing. the final result may not be (usualy) as good as the "external" pilots, but, in my honest opinion, way more fun to come if you go internal. this might sound a little "xxx" but... I always go internal xD

X