Thread: Video Encoding - Need help

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Default Video Encoding - Need help

I'm having issues with the video codecs on my computer (I think). I don't know a lot about this stuff but when you -first- capture video, it goes through a filter of some sort which processes the image into the visual picture that we see/recognize on the screen.

I wasn't having any issue UNTIL I installed a package of drivers which are basically any video codec ever They work really well in conjunction with that program "Super" when encoding and compressing video, but unfortunately this occurs:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/525/43578967.jpg

(150k-ish image)

I've looked into it a bit, and apparently the codec used for video capture processing is "ffdshow" or something, and i've tried to play with the configuration settings, but to no avail. And usually in subsequent processing, you can change a video from interlaced to progressive and it will get rid of those kind of lines, but it doesn't work now- one frame of video looks like that even when in progressive mode.

Any ideas?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I'm not too up on these things. I would have thought it was something to do with it being interlaced, but it looks like you already tried that. I'm sure someone will be able to help though.

As an aside, I switched software from SUPER to MediaCoder a while back because the supposed h264/x264 codec setting in SUPER didn't seem to really give me any better results for the same file size, or the same results for smaller file size. Videos transcoded into h264 just looked more or less the same as xvid. Again, I'm not too smart here so I don't know why that would have been. But I found MediaCoder does better, seems faster and I prefer it overall.