View Poll Results: Racing with same online level

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i am lvl20+ and i don't race with lower levels, because i prefer harder pilots

4 9.09%
  • Yes, but only with the real newbies, which are lvls 1-10

4 9.09%
  • Only counts in few cases

11 25.00%
  • Online level is just an excuse for have a decent online community. Also you level up playing only

25 56.82%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you consider the online level?

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Online level hardly matters. I'm at 66 at the moment and even when u are 'just' at 30-something today, you should know by now which players in your preferred speedclass match and who don't. But I do join races hosted by players I do not know to see what will happen. There are sometimes some natural talents (or fake accounts) that could give me high blood pressure. 2 weeks ago I a raced a guy/gal from the Netherlands with psn kiessmat (or so); was on rank 7-10 (that's approx. 1 to 3 hours online) and he had Top 50 MP Phantom times regulary. Got suspicious and checked the trophies - well, (near) 100%. Wow. I even mailed him my kudos - no reaction. Some hours later that day another player from the Netherlands appeared (forgot the PSN iD was something w/ "I..1.." ) nearly same skill, online rank 2+, kicked but big time, 0% trophies, never seen again.

On the other hand: There are some new players who just started w/ WOHD shortly after xmas. Some of these are challenging and gaining fast. Looking forward to compete.

btw, and what's that color thing you're talking about?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

I think it's the norwegian flag they're on about...

I don't put anything into the onlinerank. After a few races you pretty much got the room ranked. That said, I'd rather join a room full of names I've raced before (even if it means getting my butt kicked), rather than just join any random room.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I don't look at the online level, but rather the name of the pilot. I've raced against pretty much all of the major players from the zone at some point and I know that if I meet one online, it's going to be a good race

Quote Originally Posted by kaori View Post
    You are right in part. Blue white red can show american, dutch, uk, australia or french wipers too.

And New Zealand.

PSN ID
    osama-bin-haydn

Ahh this old topic again I said ages ago i think the online rank was nothing more than a "whos-got-no-job-o-meter". If their were seperate ranks for each game mode, and your rank could decrease if you lost, it would be a much more accurate measuring stick.

If you want to get a good idea of how good somone is, check out their TT & SL times.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    And New Zealand.
    And Paraguay too...
    I just said the flags I often meet.

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Quote Originally Posted by osama bin haydn View Post
    Ahh this old topic again I said ages ago i think the online rank was nothing more than a "whos-got-no-job-o-meter".
    As is w/ # posts per year on BBSs

Yes, I feel I am discriminated

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by osama bin haydn View Post
    If you want to get a good idea of how good somone is, check out their TT & SL times.
    So we can conclude you're not that bad at this game, Haydn !

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

I'll look at the levels for Eliminator and to a lesser extent Zone Battle. A genuine level 2 player could be a challenge in a race, knowing lines and BRs from offline, but for Eliminator there are so many different strategies and behaviors online that you will not learn playing offline.

PSN ID
    osama-bin-haydn

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    So we can conclude you're not that bad at this game, Haydn !
    Haha! Average at best I might have had a different opinion if i was higher than a measly lvl.38 or something!