Thread: announcer FX

Default announcer FX

he there,
    is there any chance that someone already ripped the voice effects of the announcer from wipeout HD, made them *wav or something? been looking for them for infinite time...
    can't find a thing

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

I don't think so, but I could give it a shot by recording the optical out. There will still be the ship engine noise over some of them, though. If I'm not mistaken that cannot be turned off independent of the voiceover. Perhaps it'd be quiet enough to eliminate with a noise reduction filter or not even noticed at all.

I've been meaning to go back to an original install anyway. You get better framerates and the Zone aesthetics are slightly different as well. So I can even get the male announcer that was taken out with Fury.

k, i'm gonna try this.
    wanted to rec the fem announcer because friends of mine like her voice

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

I deleted the game and am playing the pre-updated version.

I'm getting clean recordings of the announcer saying the ship's name (when selecting) and track name, which are not possible post-update since, when selecting, it will also play the button beep. Also getting clean recordings of the male announcer saying places and medals.

I DO NOT have clean recordings of anything said during a race, like the weapon names, "perfect lap" and everything the zone announcer says. The engine noise is quite loud and I've worked for hours trying to remove it with noise reduction filters but I'm not succeeding.

Would anyone like to host the clean recordings mentioned above? They're uncompressed WAVs and total 6.4 MB.

Edit: Here's a sample.
    Last edited by Koleax; 4th January 2010 at 09:03 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

I instinctively paused to take a picture of what I thought would be a good zone transition and, with all the other sound effects and music silent, the synthesized announcer still said "venom" for what would have been a crisp and clean recording. I quickly set up the optical-recording cable and tried to replicate it, but no dice.

If anyone else figures out how to replicate this, please let me know! It might have just been a very rare glitch.

Timezone
    GMT -6

^^ are the wav samples still available? id love to get my hands on those if possible, thank you!