Thread: Some new weird online bugs? -everlasting quakes

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default Some new weird online bugs? -everlasting quakes

I had a weird bug today while playing AVALON.
    I picked up a quake and used it but it still remained active so I could use it again & again.
    It wouldn't absorb.
    I didn't think it was the right thing to do to keep using it,so I kept racing basically as if I had no weapons
    It was active until my shield energy depleted and I died due to a particularly nasty patch of bombs & mines, a typical AVALON Cambodia situation.
    Anybody else had this happen?

I also raced upside down on Tech De Ra without respawning for quarter of a lap,another 1st.
    Pretty disorientating when you play in cockpit view,it was like a perpetual BR .

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Very honorable not to use it - I think I probably would have tsunami-spammed like there's no tomorrow, laughing my arse off in the process
    But yeah, weird, but that happens sometimes that pickups just won't go away. Still waiting for the day that happens to me on Metropia R, with turbos

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DeepMix

that has happened to me several times with the shield, after i used a shield & i pick up a new weapon( another shield ) & used it while the last shield was on, the new shield doesnt work but the sound remains & sometimes the weapon got stuck, fortunately im able to absorb it

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I have had that problem with a Leech Beam. It wouldn't lock on to anyone and I couldn't absorb it. Wasn't fun racing on Anulpha Pass with everyone firing almighty weapons and me sitting at the back with an eternal Leech Beam...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I've had the Leech Beam before.
    I think that was the first weapon bug ever reported before Fury was released, and I've seen a few people suffer that during races [which makes them easy targets ].
    Leech beam seems to happen while racing Metropia or Vineta K more than any other track for some reason.

I'd love a Turbo bug as well,I sometimes think some people have received this when they get ridiculously ahead on a basically none BR track in a very short space of time ,but I can't remember anybody reporting it.
    It would be a pretty rare occurrence at any rate,just like getting perpetual Quake.
    A perpetual Auto pilot for that vile Modesto track at phantom speed would be a welcome relief, I'm tired of seeing that red pop-up saying I have eliminated myself.

PSN ID
    pufleuk

ive had a simalar thing with leech beam exept it goes away when i absorbed it as usual but then the picture did not go away so it looked as if i still had it
    ps:i get it only in eliminator

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DeepMix

today racing online as usually i had the leech beam bug, the weapon icon disappeared but it was still showing the lighting bolt in front of my ship, i couldn't get any other weapon for the rest of the race so i had to evade as much as i could to survived lol luckily i finished 3rd on TJ Reverse

Woopzilla is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Content Contributor
    Phantom Pilot
    PSN ID
    Woopzilla

I'm getting this but I can still get new weapons. I just have a permanent Leech Beam 'ball' at the front of my ship.

Also, this might just be lag, but occasionally it takes about 5 tries in order to fire a Quake. It triggers the sound when trying, but the quake animation is only played when it actually fires.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 31st December 2009 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Deleted unnecessary quotations. Please read guidelines. http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/announcement.php?f=18