Thread: new team mode

PSN ID
    assoartu64

Default new team mode

Hi, the following are just my considerations!!
    I m working about the implementation of a new team mode for wipeout

...for example

4 vs 4 or

multi team 2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2

The ships that are members of a tem change automatically the color when the race starts, for example the red team vs the blue team, or silver skins vs normal skin (but this is impossible in multi teams)

In my vision if I shot the quake the weapon dont damage my team but only the opposing team...it is the same for bombs, mines, plasmas etc....

It is easier, and, at the same time, a new tactics to play wipe will be created!!

Im thinking about a possible ranking for teams....and a teams podium.......not for single but just for teams, for 2 pilot and for 4!!

Each single player could implement the online team total score in percentage, and, at the end, the total score of a team will be divided by the number of pilots in parts of equal value.

For this reason the most important thing will be to win the race as a team, and not like a single pilot.

What do you think about this?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

hi assoartu,
    i like the idea, but i dont believe that studio liverpool will do something into this direction.

but "we" (WZ-comunity) could do something similar, we could build our own teams, and arange races via this forum (like WO-WorldCup).
    but every team-member has to choose the same ship.
    f.e.:
    team harimau vs. team qirex vs. team feisar vs. team assegai.
    the no.1 pilot of a team has to choose the HD-version of a ship,
    the 2nd pilot of a team has to choose the FURY-version of a ship

btw. i want to start 4 team HARIMAU
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 24th December 2009 at 10:51 AM.

PSN ID
    assoartu64

Hi jf...for the first thing i wish you a marry xmas!!!

Your idea is beautiful but in my opinion is meta-play
    let me explain, you can realize your play mode just by chat agreement and
    everything is possible by now.

what i want is to add a new team mode to the game...
    Now I'm writing just to know what was the wz comunity opinion, and for giving a suggestion for a possible new wipeout update to the liverpool team!!!

i will try harimau ship

see u soon on line and on forum

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

We've been doing team races for quite some time. Check out the arena my friend
    A nice idea though, i always wanted a team based competition, an official FX350 Racing League so to speak

PSN ID
    assoartu64

Hello!!!

Even if my English is not so good and I didn't understand all the words, I have read on the forum the discussions about challenges and competitions..

It would be so good to have a league with the possibility of a championship but it 's a so exacting job just the organization of a world cup take so many hours.so, COMPLIMENTS to everyone that try to realize this enterprise.

What I wanted to say about the team competition, was an automatic procedure inside the game.

The big difference would be about the score, in my vision score will be divided in equal parts between the members of the team, and there will be a new score list just for teams, in order to support team game.
    For example, in the case of a pair, one should be the sprinter that aspire to the podium and the other animated by a fighting spirit, in order to slow down the opposing or just a game for a couple of friends.

In the end should be like a modern WP team warfare online.

As I said mines, bombs etc.. do not damage the components of the same team.

So, what it is needed is an upgrade of the game that will simplify the races, and, if wanted, with the possibility to be inserted at the beginning of the game.

Probably the realization of this upgrade will not be so easy as writing about.

p.s very very good the video link wikipedia of wipe
    for osama bin
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 29th December 2009 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts. Please use the edit function.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I like your idea. I think what the others were asserting was that you don't have access to the source code of the game. If you are implementing on your own, then obviously you won't have any problems.

Have you seen the team modes in Mario Kart Wii?

PSN ID
    assoartu64

Hello Siriusbee,

If I would be able to modify the source code of the game probably I would be a member of the Liverpool team and now I would work on the new game upgrade

Probably I would add many news such as ships editors in order to personalize skins (this thing could solve the skins team problem) and many more

(sinus go to 101 in on line charts and the ranking dont stop here!
    My last speech was just a suggestion for the Liverpool team about a possible future upgrade with new tracks and new playmode. (I suppose that sometimes they read the forum)

I havent still see the Mario kart team mode, but Im go on see it.

See you soon on line and on forum

PSN ID
    drr1984

Hi Assoartù64,your English is perfect as my...

Pier Oh well, better Italian ...
    your idea is right, if we are members of Team Italy at times we use the methods of team play 2vs2 or 4vs4 in order to make the game even better!
    Hopefully the guys Studio Liverpool, through this forum may consider your idea.
    Greetings from your twin plasma!
    Happy New Year and that 2010 is a fantastic year for all pilots Wipeout!
    Last edited by drr1984; 30th December 2009 at 07:15 PM.

PSN ID
    assoartu64

yeeehhhh plasmabrother

if will not be possible to meet you on line for playing before than the end of the year I wish you a happy and super new year.
    as the proverb say " who don't play to wipe during the new year's day will not play for the rest of the year".........or was it different?
    in italian the rhyme is better

happy new year pilot
    Last edited by assoartu64; 30th December 2009 at 04:24 PM. Reason: translation

PSN ID
    stin_wz

I hate to be rude!, if you don`t mind, change into english please, thank you. So we can understand.

stevie

PSN ID
    alteregorr

Hi All.

please dear mates in the official threads use only english language.

for the national language use only the 'social groups' thank in advance!

read you soon
    cdrom

Timezone
    GMT -5

The whole country will be run by mongrels. Please open the door!

PSN ID
    drr1984

Never imagined that I would create an "international incident" for having used the Italian ...
    Excuse me, gentlemen "bacchettoni"
    drr1984

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DeepMix

i like this idea but of a multi-team match, but im curious how the choosings would be? im looking forward to try this kind of events i hope the rest of the pilots think the same

PSN ID
    assoartu64

Hi,

Sorry about the late of my replay, but I was trying some single lap with the snowboard ....
    My idea is based on the implementation of a protected team mode…so the weapons of a team can’t damage the components of the team itself, but just the opponents.

Than intelligent quake, bombs, mines, plasmas and missiles…. And a score team based on the sum of the singles members, but equally divided as follow:

f.g:

Team A:

ship 1 team A: 2° position; points 6
    ship 2 team A: 5° position; points 3
    total points team A = 9 divided by two members: 4,5 point for ship; will be possible to round up or down depending of the preference (obviously will be decided by the developers) and the score will implement the online single results.

Podium for teams and modality 2 against 2 against 2 against 2, or 4 against 4….the first pilot of a team will invite the mate in the race, if the competition is 2x2x2x2 four pilots will invite the respective mates.

Or, in the case 4x4 two pilots will invite the other 3 mates.

Will be fantastic if could be possible to edit the ship skin of each team, if not, a clean difference between the ships of the two teams.

Blue team vs red team with clear difference between ships, but also silvers skins against normal skins on the 4x4 modality but with the possibility to be actuated even 2x2x2x2.

Even a modality with the creation of automatic teams will encourage meetings and interactions between players.

f.g:

A player with level 65 with a 5 level player against 40 level player with 30 level player will not be a mathematical leveling, but will contribute to balance the teams.

I hope to be exhaustive…Waiting for yours reply I wish to everyone the best.

PSN ID
    assoartu64

MY IDEA...is implemented in blur..team mode

fantastic

p.s. rumors...team liverpool make the blur 2