Thread: "Magneticism" HD/Fury missing soundtrack?

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Question "Magneticism" HD/Fury missing soundtrack?

So I was scaning through the credits and the Music licensing came up. Everything was normal until I reached the bottom of the Fury soundtrack, it displayed a song and artist I had never seen before

Sandy Lobban 'Magneticism'

I did a search for this song and I couldn't find it, nor could I find this 'Sandy Lobban' character. Is this a missing soundtrack or is it perhaps the HD/Fury Menu theme? Maybe this is the name of the menu theme, a name we've all been overlooking and instead just refering to the theme as "Fury menu theme". It's either that or there's a regional difference between games, so I have to ask: Is this a regular OST in the European/disc version of HD/Fury? I'm on the downloadable American version since I live in Canada, so I would never know if the UK got special privileges like in previous WipEout games *cough* Pulse *choke* DLC *cough* *ahem*...

PSN ID
    VacuusVocis

No exclusive music tracks here. Although I can't blame you for that xD

Well, from the looks of things, Sandy Lobban used to be an in-house audio producer for Studio Liverpool. His personal showreel from his time there has Wipeout Pulse, HD and 2048, plus F1 06 and F1 Championship Edition.

EDIT: Ok, he was in fact listed as 'SCE Studio Liverpool Audio Lead' on an article I've just read.

So considering the menu music for both HD and Fury are both in-house produced tracks, I would guess Magneticism could very well be Fury's menu theme. Not for certain, but it's very likely.
    Any ideas if the HD music credit reel has something similar?
    Last edited by Thane Corrigan; 4th September 2015 at 10:07 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I found his Twitter account, and I shot him a couple of tweets. Hopefully I'll get a response!

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

While we're at it, I may as well ask:

Has the OST been updated or changed to have improved or slightly altered versions of the tracks? The biggist example I can think of is 'Le Night Dominator.' I swear this track has been changed, it used to have voice bites in it, but these seem to have been muted or something. Anyone listen to the OST in-game recently to notice this? I went back for nostalgic purposes and found the OST seemed altered. 'Smart Systems' in particular seems to have been drastically improved in quality, beyond anything you can find on Youtube or other sources.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I wouldn't know, and I can't check it since my PS3 has been out of commission since last year (Yeah, I still haven't gotten around to fixing it. )

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

I've done a little bit of research and apparently there IS an alternate version of the OST for surround sound only. Pretty cool. The example I gave with Le Night Dominator is the most altered soundtrack between stereo/mono and surround sound versions.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

Quote Originally Posted by AGgamer View Post
    While we're at it, I may as well ask:

The biggist example I can think of is 'Le Night Dominator.' I swear this track has been changed, it used to have voice bites in it,
    Yes, it has. The previous version had vocals. I liked them so I put the original version on in a custom soundtrack.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Sandy Lobban has replied to my tweet! He said that yes, it was his work, and it is the in-game menu theme!

https://twitter.com/sandylobban/stat...33868138037250