Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WipEout pilot tantrums

Wink WipEout pilot tantrums

Be honest and tell in intimate detail about any tantrums you have had whilst playing online races...

such as

how many gamepads you broke
    how hard did the ps3 get kicked
    who got shouted at etc

i start..

i havnt really had to many tantrums online with wipeout..ive improving i guess
    but here one of the tantrums i have had during online races....

i was playing in a race and my dog was grizzling for her ball..anyway i lost the race cos i crashed right near the end so i shouted at the dog and blamed her (it was obvious to me at the time it had to be her fault) , she started to cry and walked off with tail between legs and i felt really bad but i took her for long walk later and cooked her a chicken for dinner.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 20th November 2009 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling in title

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    O_BR

My frustration manifests in yelling at the game and does not go beyond that. So no, I haven't broken any gaming equipment during tantrums.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

guilty. i smashed 2 pads, i idiot!

well thats just demonstrates your passion for perfection..

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

at my most mad/frustrated, during online races, all i can manage is a furrowed brow and a 'meh' - and that usually, because of a DC (Pulse) or PS3 online MP freezes lol... it's hard to get mad if you're stoned though, so that's probably why...

i did once eat half a scotch bonnet pepper, to distract myself from the 'WeBuyAnyCar.com' advert on British television, it worked, but i'll never do that again!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JJPAP

Only a single Dualshock controller
    And it actually turned out to be a very positive destruction of equipment: It feels much better wiping w/o the rumble (I found out)

Timezone
    GMT -5

I rage quit the other day after mini-freezing every 10 seconds and the screen blacked out during the freezes. After having several people ( regulars ) tease me for not winning any races, i couldnt take it. I apologized for it afterwards, but still it sucked. Im running 720p again, and its a lot smoother now.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    abukii

The extent of my tantrums are just tossing (gently) the ps3 controller in disgust. I usually stop playing at that point because any game that is able to make me mad just gets turned off for a little while

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

I Yell at my screen or go "AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGH!!!!" But usually I dont do anything and just race harder the next round.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Just watch my videos, I think the words "f*cking joke" have become synonymous with me

wow some lame tantrums here..only jfthemanjan has had a decent tantrum...

there must be someone here who has had a proper tantrum.

ive had some good pathetic tantrums myself like kicking the televison off the table onto the floor and making loads of noise and many other disgraceful examples but these were nothing to do with wipeout so they dont count.plus im to embarrased to mention.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

It's a freaking game. I'm not going to kick in a $2K television. I have been know to throw out the occasional F-bomb though

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I've shouted before and just said things like "what a joke," amongst other, more expletive things

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I've throw a wobbly,emulating Ben Kinglsey in Sexy Beat as Don Logan when somebody has walked in front of the projector so I couldn't see where I was heading,same goes if somebody nudged my elbow while trying to get on the overpass on Anulph Pass.
    Not one of my better moments.

I surround myself with big cushions,so any frustration with controller in hand does minimal damage,by the same token,thrash a cushion with a controller enough times,both the cushion & the controller will give out.

I can attest to that being a fact.

Every person that gets near me during a Wipeout session gets a "gentle" "Go away!" from me.

But in return, someone gets angry and used the doorbell an entire race, I think it was on Anulpha Pass. I have a real nasty Doorbell

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Default ...

Oh lawdy lemme see...

I was getting used to my GOT 45 on, quite possibly the most brutal online weapons race Vineta K Forward, I have ever played. Anyway, quake after quake after missile after bomb after mine after missile after quake, the lot of us fought to stay in the race. I forget who else was there, but a few WOZers were, and doing phenomenal in staying with the tops. The host I didn't know, I hadn't seen him online before, but then again I was playing during hours I didn't usually.

You ever been in that situation where you're doing the better racing, but the others are doing the better fighting? Well that was how it looked (blame can also be pointed at unwise spending of ship energy for BRs, esp in a GOT 45). Launching into first on 4/5 lap, I got nuked and rage quit. And received a message there shortly after from wormwoodMoridin but I'll keep that for myself. It was nothing bad I promise. But my response was "yea hadn't been a good night for races."

But probably my saddest moment was when my beloved dualshock right trigger started sticking. I'm back on the sixaxis now!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quite an appropriate description.

"behemoth"

I think we have all suffered,[but not always taken] the sane event with the dignity you managed to muster during that particular gaming event.

Big UP's

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Halecon

I usually curse a lot when I get mad at Wipeout. Or I throw my controller at my bed which is full and pillows and covers. But one time I got mad and threw my controller, missed the bed completely and ended up hitting my laundry basket(which is made of hard plastic). My sixaxis exploded into pieces.

Had to play my old DS2 with a USB/PS2 converter for 5 months before getting a new one. Least now I have spare parts in case my new one breaks.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Default Moderator Massage

I fixed the spelling in the title. I thought that anyone coming here hoping to eliminate 'tantums' (perhaps on the basis that they only cause confusion in any language ) would be extremely disappointed.

Let's try and at least avoid the typos in our message titles shall we?