Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WipEout pilot tantrums

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

i've had some awesome races today, truly spectacular! Jasmin, I never worry about losing, but yeah - damn straight I wanna win, and if I do, then all I get is self gratification... but i'm easily pleased.

Takes a lot to wind me up though, seriously, i'm so chilled - when i sit in my garden to schmoke, birds flock to me... some even sit on my shoulders and do lil poos and i don't even care... bliss

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Im a chilled bloke but i really dont like losing

Ive had a winge on the ps3 chat before, someone would probably say its been a tantrum at times, if im honest

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IDReaper

Well I don't lose so I don't have anything to be angry about...

lol joking

I really don't throw tantrums due to Wipeout. At my level of consistency I'd call my shots at winning 50/50 or below most of the time and I'm okay with that. I guess the worst I've done is grow larger crazy eyes like so, but with a little more red around the cheeks.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    NX-01 StarClass: alias (Old Scholz Playa)

Last night some %$@# blok was hosting a rapier race and keep running the Moa Therma track at least ten times. The race was full and this %$^@ blok always finished last. I PM him to please mix it up a bit & then he just delayed the very next race about three times and here we go again "Moa Therma" right then and there my mission was to blast him all four laps. I could have quit, but I knew I was next host and was just trying to wait him out. He final left after twelve times around sigh Moa Therma. Then he PM me back with letters "f u" nice. I wish there was an option to remove a host with a vote from the field for @#$% bloks like him. Sorry about the long rant.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Man that is a rant. You should've just started your own room. I'm not one for racing the same track over and over but if I don't like it I'll look for another one or make my own.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    NX-01 StarClass: alias (Old Scholz Playa)

Quote Originally Posted by crawdad62 View Post
    Man that is a rant. You should've just started your own room.
    You are right on both points. I just figure he would just change tracks/quit after race four.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Quote Originally Posted by ACE-FLO View Post
    ...I do wanna see how fast I can go. See, for me, the buzz lies in going as fast as I possibly can, and getting kicks out of nailing parts of the track at full speed, leading to an even better buzz at hearing 'PERFECT LAP'

yeah, that always makes me smile.... but when those PL times get faster and faster, well... that for me is wipEout, finding a new possibility for the next real kick!
    Spot on - that's what it's all about for me too. Don't get me wrong, competing with others is great too, but there's nothing like beating a personal best.
    I definitely get more angry trying to beat my own TTs than I do getting smashed about by weapons and glitches online. Limited to shouting "What the ****?!?!" or a creative swear-combo, once in a while. Haven't smashed a controller since I was a kid.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmadSmartAlex View Post
    Limited to shouting "What the ****?!?!" or a creative swear-combo, once in a while.
    And I bet that's true for many people here too, so ehm, spot on there too

I had a cool session with some more Zoners again, last night. Bloody heck, got rolled like a chapati, and soaked in herb soup, made for a soup'erb experience, I must say Thanks to Kgb1971, and his rockets, I had a panic attack and IdReaper too, damn you guys are fast!!!

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Rockets, me?

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Think I'd forget the man who gave me a panic attack? remember the break I told you about through PSN? well that was me, having some, er, herbs to get me back to normality again I came back later and got skooled by IdReaper for a few... nice!

I'm glad I can say that my transition to WipEout HD Fury hasn't been a let down. I'm still excited to play it, and the online races are always intense - there is a lot of talent on the servers, for me to race with.

Sad to hear that a few pilots have left the scene due to the frustrations with game mechanics, I really do hope that it is just a case of COD MWII and new releases for xmas which have taken their fancy, temporarily... I'm sure they'll be back though, I mean, who can resist WipEout for too long? right?

PSN ID
    kgb1971

I think you're a bit like me ACE, you would rather just get online than all this messing about with SL and TT and learn the tracks on multiplayer, which is very hard to do from experience. I think you should take part in the TT and SL challenges but you probably just want to play other people which I can totally understand.

About people not playing anymore. As soon as one player stops another starts and there are always good pilots springing up. When Wellington and Wotan stopped playing as much, Yeldar and TCK came along and I'm sure it will happen again.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

I was always there, I was just biding my time

...ok maybe not

Messing about with SL and TT?!?! It's not messing about, it's fun...ish...kinda...not really...
    You can compete with people in TT/SL, it just means you won't end up hating them in secret (like I do with 99% of people I play with online)
    shhh - it's a secret!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    il_mago_di_Doz

Yeldar, I started playing SL/TT just a few months ago and I hate you sooo much in secret!

Btw I forgive you becouse thanks to your videos on youtube I'm improving a lot! Keep it going, you're a TT genius: I love to see you, Pirhapac, AkFurtif, Elois and many others challenging on TT

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by il_mago_di_Doz View Post
    I love to see ... AkFurtif, Elois ... challenging on TT
    I'd love to see them too ! (videos)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    il_mago_di_Doz

Hei Leungbok, cheers for the times you achieved yesterday on Sol2 rev! You rock!

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

My main victims were keyboards. I can be irritated sometimes and during my study in the university I broke about 7-8 keyboards throwing them in the wall. But now I am more stable and play wipeout enough quiet. Just a lot of russian swearing thats all

And I become nervous when I am 1st to be honest
    Last edited by NightArh; 10th December 2009 at 09:42 AM.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Quote Originally Posted by NightArh View Post
    My main victims were keyboards.

I can be irritated sometimes and during my study in the university I broke about 7-8 keyboards throwing them in the wall.
    Yeah, it helps!
    But now I am more stable and play wipeout enough quiet. Just a lot of russian swearing thats all
    Ah, is it more satisfying to swear in Russian? I find it better when I mix languages, and swear

Kgb1971 - Online, skool of hard knocks, on buddy!

PSN ID
    shapealot

ive never smashed a controller because i learned my lesson after head butting a friends gameboy, he wasnt that impressed lol

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    tencinas03

Talking

I was in tournament mode in Phantom class with AI difficulty on elite when i hit my very first 1st place streak. Things were looking up for me cuz I've been trying on and off for the past week before with no luck. After the 6th race, i accidently pushed "return to main menu" instead of "next race." I started yelling at the tv and said "F*** THIS GAME! AAARRRGGGGHHHH!" I didn't play for a week! I returned to playing, apologizing to my precious Wipeout HD for being so mean... We made up!

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Oh my god I remember doing the EXACT same thing back when I was trying to get elite campaign legend, didn't play for 2 months

Actually it was joining this forum that brought me back

Good times