Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WipEout pilot tantrums

it was supposed to be about tantums....i wanted to know if other players had tanned tummys...but people got the wrong end of the stick and thought i meant tantrums...

sorry saturn im from essex.dumb country folk out here you know..

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Golgofier

My rage manifestations are usually limited to verbal abuse.
    I have, however, thrown a DS3 really hard into a plaster wall, successfully lodging the controller about 1/3 into it... I've put a poster over the hole
    Amazingly the DS3 survived (that time) without any permanent damage. I have, however, since then broken of the left analog stick of said controller in another rage fit. Serves it right - stupid DS3!

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

3 broken DS3's although I managed to partially fix 2 of them.
    All breakages were semi-accidental: when I get v angry I tend to fling my DS3 at a nearby sofa, sometimes I miss and hit the floor/wall.

Lots of swearing and hurling abuse at people but that's normal

Sad but true...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

All i can say is that my IKEA coffee table is the most sturdiest, toughest piece of furniture i've even build. I wonder if God Himself would be able to smash it up

I also swear a lot, i threw 2 dualshocks, one broke off and the other one only had R2 popped out, i've been able to fix it.

PSN ID
    drMannevond

The most I do is mumble something unpleasant, with the occasional loud F-word when I get pushed off the track for the nth time.
    Slightly off topic : For those who throw serious tantrums around here - you must never, EVER, play 'Black & White'!! I've been a gamer for over 20 years now, and it's the only game that has ever made me completely lose it, and I mean 'lose it' as in scaring the crap out of my mates.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Heh, I'm glad we don't all play in a common room some of you sound kinda dangerous...

I use WipEout as a way to take out my stresses, so when I feel myself getting to the breaking point, I usually just stop playing. Because then it's adding to the stress in my life which I really do not need at ALL! AARGH! I'm stressed just typing that!!!

(But I don't have a tanned tum either. Not enough sunny months here when it's warm enough to go bare mid-riff.)

Timezone
    GMT -5

At what frequency does this phenomena occur? And are we supposed to watch or avert our gazes?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

I don't think I throw tantrums, because I expect in advance to be shocked and angry eventually while playing Wipeout. I look forward to it.

PSN ID
    emwu23

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    3 broken DS3's although I managed to partially fix 2 of them.
    All breakages were semi-accidental: when I get v angry I tend to fling my DS3 at a nearby sofa, sometimes I miss and hit the floor/wall.

Lots of swearing and hurling abuse at people but that's normal

Sad but true...
    Hehe mine DS3 has unworking L2 and also right stick is out of order becouse of similar "issues" like Yours.

It is so good to see people who are passionate about the excellence of their performance.

edit: BTW, that was not sarcasm; I meant what I said.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    il_mago_di_Doz

Quote Originally Posted by Koleax View Post
    I don't think I throw tantrums, because I expect in advance to be shocked and angry eventually while playing Wipeout. I look forward to it.
    Same here

Btw I broke the left airbreak on vineta!

EDIT:
    they could sell WOHD Fury with a bonus DS3, just in case.....

Timezone
    GMT -5

One of the times, I committed suicide. No -- actually committed suicide. One of the pilots kept giving me bombs, so I strapped one to my chest and waited till his next pass.

What is unique about the situation is that when it became time to detonate, I let go of my controller and walked to the window in my apt, and just jumped out.

This is why I am writing to you from a very special hospital, because one of my limbs is broken, and I'm not sure which one.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

siriusbee, you made me laugh with your story ... rock on!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    il_mago_di_Doz

Quote Originally Posted by siriusbee View Post
    One of the times, I committed suicide. No -- actually committed suicide. One of the pilots kept giving me bombs, so I strapped one to my chest and waited till his next pass.

What is unique about the situation is that when it became time to detonate, I let go of my controller and walked to the window in my apt, and just jumped out.

This is why I am writing to you from a very special hospital, because one of my limbs is broken, and I'm not sure which one.
    This is soooo funny!!!

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

I didn't think Zoners would quit my races after being hit by a few weps. It's only one pilot, and I'm not gonna name them (they know who they are ) but it's happened on a few separate occasions now. ANNOYING!!! dammit!

I won't quit, no matter how far behind I am, how batterred my ship is, how out of my depth I am ... I'll finish the race! That's good Zoner practice, Yeah I just thought all Zoners had that courtesy... meh

I raced a supremely talented pilot last night, Kaleidoscope47 (is he a Zoner?) We raced for a couple hours and he won everytime. Was nice when he messaged me to say 'thanks' for racing... What a nice guy
    Last edited by ACE-FLO; 1st December 2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Kaleidoscope47

your like me ace..when i race i race myself..i dont care where i come in the race provided i played my best..

but tbo honest you find after a long while playing this game you may get occassions where the game will irritate you.

i had a short stint where i did get frustrated..i would race perfectly and still lose to another player by a large margin and think something like cheating may have took place.but in hindsight their are just players who put in so much practice and effort their skills cannot be matched..after remembering that fact i didnt feel frustrated anymore.

i dont really believe in natrual talent with a game like this.it just takes a bit of passion..open your ears and learn from the elites and many hours of practice and dedication.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

oh, i'm not frustrated at that, i'm boggled that i'm a noob still, and i'm getting quitted on. I've put in similiar dedication to pulse, HD-Fury is a different animal, true, and I don't think i'll ever rank amongst the big names, but I do wanna see how fast I can go. See, for me, the buzz lies in going as fast as I possibly can, and getting kicks out of nailing parts of the track at full speed, leading to an even better buzz at hearing 'PERFECT LAP'

yeah, that always makes me smile.... but when those PL times get faster and faster, well... that for me is wipEout, finding a new possibility for the next real kick!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin-jade View Post
    when i race i race myself..i dont care where i come in the race provided i played my best..
    That's the way I look at it. I'd like to win every race but I don't. Honestly I'd have probably moved on if I did win every race.

I find it amazing that one night I can't lose. The next I get my a.. handed to me. Keeps me coming back though.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

the challenge never stops with wipEout, it's always there... against yourself or others, it's a thrill a nano-second experience.

@crawdad62

thats so true about winning..i play a room and win 10 games on the go i am not happy and get bored and just say to myself these games do not count i must be playing new beginners.

real wins that give the buzz are players who you have to fight hard to win and you lose just as many as you win..

so as i already said race your self attitude..if you play good an still get beaten dont be upset but learn..
    as long as you can beat your own best times periodically you are a real winner imo.