View Poll Results: Are you for or against "dead or dead rules" ?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it must be the lonely rule.

10 14.93%
  • Yes, but let the choice to the host before start.

49 73.13%
  • No, I want respawn.

8 11.94%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Implement the return of "dead is dead" rule.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

I can certainly see that blackwiggle. In fact it's hard enough just getting a game online let alone one where you might have to sit on the sidelines for most of a race. I kind of alluded to it earlier. But having the option to turn it on/off to me seems like the best of both worlds. Got a room of your own buddies in there? Turn off respawn and have at it!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post

We ALL want more players .
    Not necessarily, i prefer playing with my friend, and kill Wotan or pirhapac would allow me to take 8 points lead in a tournament !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    jan709

great idea, i would like to see the dead is dead but only as a choice.
    so i can turn it off when they show commercials when youre dead

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

interesting thread.
    i have experienced the glitch earlier and, that made me wonder why they have two different rules, between online and offline play when it came to respawning.
    i would definitely nlt go back to having a permanent true death, but i really like thd idea of beeing able to turn it on. main reason is i likd the enhanced tactikal play this would offer. when death on the tracks is finall you are forced to take a whole new perspective on the overall situation. risk/reward when BRing, using pickups instead of absorbing for health etc.
    but as others have pointed out, i think the damage system needs to be refined to avoid utter carnage.
    sidetrack: how about adding a classical eliminator tournament option? i have missed that and know of many racing games that have it. no relevance to this debate but simply have a feature where last player in each race is eliminated untill theres only one left. ( of course could also work with last player each lap for singe races with the number lf laps adjusting to the number of players.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

I wish they had this implimented when I started... would of been a great way to start learnign the game. Negative Reinforcement is key to get better.