Thread: How to get an edge in Zone Zeus

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    garcher42

Default How to get an edge in Zone Zeus

I finally got Zone Zeus (& Transcendence) yesterday, and I thought I'd share this little tip.

I'd been practicing Zone for about 2 days on Syncopia. I kept getting into the 70's (even got 74 a few times), and I knew it was in my grasp, but never quite made it to 75.

One thing I noticed was that I always lose a lot of energy in Sub-sonic due to the intense white flashing of the music visualization on the track. I found it quite distracting.

So I tested a little theory... I created a silent CD track and imported that to my PS3 for the music... this gave me the little edge that I needed and I got Zone Zeus on the very first try!!

It's a bit strange to play zone mode without any visualization, just a boring & blank landscape, but it was well worth it. Just wanted to share this tip with you all since it clearly gave me an advantage on this one.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

HD/Fury has been out for a while now. This has come up in a few threads I think. Like many other things, there is a strong chance it's come up here before. Here's a link to just one thread where this was mentioned. I know it's been in others too.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...sic#post140674

Anyway, thanks for sharing the tip. In future it's good to do a search so that you can see if it's been discussed before. Then you can also add to the discussion in the best place.

I was about to say welcome to the forum, but you joined ages ago. So er...welcome back?

Here's a general trophy help thread as well (which is actually a sticky topic and the 'music off tip' is on the very first page...tsk...tsk...):
    http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5286

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    garcher42

Ah, sorry about that then. I did do a quick search but maybe I was using the wrong keywords.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Maybe. A search for Zone Zeus and music would have done it. Anyway, I found a good few more posts mentioning it and more Zone Zeus threads etc., so will close this one now.