Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: advanced techniques / curious things - wipEout HD

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    abukii

Thumbs up

@XBarnsterX -- Right on. I have been researching Auto-Pilot for some time now. I do find that, even when activated on a straight going onto a Mag, the AP will scramble for a few mili- seconds then correct itself. If you really think about it, it makes perfect sense. Perhaps Ill shoot a video for you guys and gals to see what I mean. Itll give me an excuse to bust out my camera (which I think Im going to paint like a ClapTrap).

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

AP is a gem. Some corners it really does fling you round faster than is physically possibly. That and theres nothing quite like being in the back of a crowded track, and then using AP to barge your way through

The downside of course is on some corners where AP simply s*its itself and dies.

i had planned to make a video on this ages and ages ago, maybe i should do one now while the nets down. ill get on it.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

AP is just like Top Gear if you imagined Jeremy Clarckson swapping from passenger seat to drivers seat with James May ,mid course.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Shamanism is not a religion. It is a *set of techniques*.

Like the Craft.

Now you just need the Race Craft.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    PSMuF

I've had some pretty nasty AP incidents, actually flipping the craft on its thrusters in Chenghou Project (I know Piranha looks somewhat like a rocket, but come on, this is seriously overdoing it!)

Another strange occurence: using a quake in the first mag strip section of the Amphiseum forward (the very steep drop right at the beginning), only the sound effect was played. Quake still available as my weapon, no graphical effects, no actual effect, just sound. I spammed it 2-3 times on my way down, before it finally did its job when I left the mag strip. Haven't tried it again, but that was really weird!

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Got one here for recovering from weapon hits. Not sure if many of you do this naturally anyway, but for the benefit of the masses, I'll share with you:

Rockets, missiles, cannons and quakes - they get you from behind upon impact, they usually slow you down, often to a halt - and then scraping or worse, married to a wall. there go 3 seconds of your race time

It's bad enough getting hit by a weapin from behind, but marrying a wall no thanks.

Scenario: your racing along on Moa Therma for example, you just done one lap, as you going rount the right bend past MR SOMO's you get hit by a wep from behind - immediately your ship slows down, but worse - you're heading for the wall on the left ... NOOOOOOOOO, (I'm too young to be married )

What to do? Tap the right airbrake - each time you feel your ship pull magnetically to the left (towards wall), this will help keep your ship in the racing line, and stop you from losing more time than needed - quicker recovery.

You can do this anywhere, just gotta learn the technique. No doubt the top pilots who play, already do this without thinking, Big respect to ya! You know who you are

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Diagonal Sideshift recoveries ftw

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

- didn';t help me against OBH one bit - the git was targetting me from the start... even had the balls to tell me via PSN message that he was gonna be slowing down to hit me and schit no lies, I got sandwiched so hard between him and your protege Fantmusik that recovery was almost impossible... then it got crazier when Chaos80 and a few other pilots showed up

OBH, come back online - I got a revenge attack waitng for yo ass!

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Haha, sorry about that, made for good filming for my little montage i got going though

Was good to not lose a single race, the multiplayer rust is slowly, slowly being chipped away, and was nice to talk to fantmusik!! Funny bloke

Cant get on again though, off to free dnb and dubstep festival

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

git

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Default curious things

some days ago i raced metropia online, was destroyed in the downhill section, after respawn i saw a team banner on the left-hand side :]
    was this always there?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yes. It was first seen in promo screenshots for HD in 2008.