Thread: Happy Birthday my WOHD - some statistics

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Default Happy Birthday my WOHD - some statistics

Exactly one year ago (11/08/200 I got my PS3 just for the purpose to play WOHD.

I was curious on my 1st year statistics and I thought I'd share some averages.

Some per day #

- 17.5 online races per day
    - 137.5 laps per day
    - 17 laps on Anulpha fwd each day Zico u bastard
    - 1:03 hour playtime each day

Per hour#

- 5.25 kills per hour
    - 65 successful BRs per hour
    - 394 sideshifts per hour

Speed

My average speed is 304 kph and I nearly finished my 3rd (2.9) earth orbit. To reach moon I'll have to play for at least another 2 years. In reality those speeds equals ~32 l gas per 100 km. That would be an extraordinary 234 barrel of good 98 Octan gasoline for ~52,000 EUR (average German price). I stay virtual I think.

My invest to date

- w/o PS3 and power : 0.073 EUR / hour WOHD fun
    - w/o power : 0.85 EUR / hour WOHD fun

Now for the 2nd season. May SL help enjoy the next season.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I like this thread, but won't be able to post my annual stats until February 2010

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    QjonPL

- 17 laps on Anulpha fwd each day
    Playing since December 2008 I flew over 13.000 laps on AP xD
    I wonder what's PS's score...

Anyway, great idea of a thread

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

cool idea for a thread, love the averages!

and man, I wish I had as much spare time as you seem to have...

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

I was stunned when I saw my playtime after 6 months when I checked the savegame Short before Fury and the time after I reduced playing to approx. 1/2 hour per day on average. Still a lot of time invested into the game. But I do not regret it even that we now have *censored* in it.

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Default 2nd Birthday

Huh, there are some statistics threads atm. Nice!

As my WOHD copy is now 2yrs old (Happy Birthday!) I decided to add some new numbers.

This is my way to honor the makers of WOHD - I'm still alive and happily racing.

Racetime: 642 h
    Online vs: offline: >75% online
    Phantom (>60%) Rapier (25%; mostly due to eliminator for the last 6 months)
    Online Win - loss ratio (11.2 k races!): 1 : 2.4
    Kill death ratio (11187 kills, 10367 online): 1 : 0.87 (eliminator helps to improve this ;-)
    Most used Extra: turbo
    Most absorbed Extra: shield (!) - I'd rethink this behavior
    134236 km race distance. That's 3.3 times earth perimeter (there has to be something wrong with my first post calc)
    My average speed dropped to a crawling 209 kph *sic* (maybe my 1st year calc is yet ok; is this because of Rapier/ eliminator ...?). With this my comparable average real life fuel consumption would be at ~20 liters per 100km I knew this game is for real - racers.
    Badges ... I got lot of these since available
    - Most: 1173 x Fastest Top Speed
    - Lowest: 1 x Boost Starter
    - Missing: Pristine and maybe others

At two years I'm online attendance rank 85.5 And I'm still able to improve my online records. great moments of satisfaction. Hope the servers will resilver soon.

So, as long as the serves are up and running, you might read another post in ~365 days.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

2 years of hard work, good effort Constrictor!

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

THX Col. G!

Err, sorry mate it's not hard work - it's just plain fun

My 2nd year racetime dropped by ~15% vs. 1st year. I expected having played less ... might be time dilation

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Yet another year passed by and as promised here are some new statistics.

But before I get into that: Happy Birthday!

Mine is now 3 and yet - besides this leaderboard f'up - the servers are still up and running and I'm in no mood to quit playing WOHD.

What happened in terms of # within the last year ...

- I didn't make it to 100% - rank 101(.99) online playtime. I'm currently at 101.7. ~10h to go
    - Racetime: 190h (last year: 266h) still a lot of time spent on a single game
    - Overall my Feisar playtime is now at 296h, Goteki45 w/ 174h is 2nd and Icaras is 3rd w/ 141h
    - My (least) favorite track still is APfwd *sigh* 10363 laps, 2nd is Sol2fwd w/ 8453 laps and 3rd is UMfwd 7650 laps. Zico and the Zone trophies made that happen - before Fury was released. Before I retire I need to get this fixed ... 20 x 100 speedlap will do the trick. Not!
    - My Online Win-Loss ratio is at 1:2.2 - that's good IMO if it's right ...

Now it's getting interesting: During the last 365 I did race 69 km ... LOLWUT. Yes, I did play some Venom races but even those should earn more than 189 meters each day.

Well, with this I think the statistics thread is more or less obsolete besides the raw playtime and some other things the gathered stats seem to be flawed and there is no one who is able to fix that. Next game plz use 64bit integers whatever is needed to keep the stats in line with the player.

Besides the stats last year was great:
    - WOHD cup!
    - I love my projector setup
    - I'm still able to beat my Multiplayer PB sometimes
    - New, fast players showed great skills during the last few months and kept the servers and myself busy

So far my recap for 2011.

Maybe next year another bunch of meaningless stuff.

See you online

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Default bye

Another birthday on Thursday and my copy of Wipeout and the 'fat-one' are still healthy. I think it was sometime in January 2012 when I hit rank heaven 101 - during the time of the outage of the leaderboards. My last goal to achieve. I even raced a few personal best during this time.

Well, 4 years ago I joined this community and enjoyed great moments of joy, pain, excitement, victory and defeat during an overall playtime of 892 hours (last year 'only' 60 h). btw, AP fwd is still my favourite track ... Not!

As some of the in-game statistics are flawed after reaching some unknown values I will never know if l reached our closest neighbour in the solar-system in terms of distance raced. Anyway, I honestly think I left this universe some months ago ^^

As my current (work) life is not compatible with my desire playing WOHD and - maybe that's the real show stopper - there isn't anything left that motivates me to play the same tracks all over again I'm now going to (officially *gg* ) announce my retirement of WOHD.

With this I'd like to thank all those I raced, I chatted to and contacted all over the planet. It was a real pleasure! This community and it's mindset rocks. There are moments during online play I'll never forget. Thank you for that.

See you? Maybe when W'O'' is a launch title for PS4!

C4U - "we race, we die"

edit: post #200 :-)
    Last edited by Constrictor; 10th November 2012 at 11:19 AM. Reason: post #200

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

I've always loved reading your updates Constrictor. I've also thoroughly enjoyed racing you, even though you kick my arse every time. It's a real shame that you're retiring, you'll be missed.