View Poll Results: Has your game time changed post 2.10?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • I now play less Wipeout.

26 33.77%
  • I now play more Wipeout.

1 1.30%
  • Unchanged - I play the same as before.

39 50.65%
  • I stopped playing entirely.

11 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you play as much Wipeout post 2.10?

Timezone
    GMT -5

Default Do you play as much Wipeout post 2.10?

Before I take some time off - this question as been bugging me - and I wanted to get it out there.

Please - please - please (I've asked thrice) do not rant off topic here - I just want to know if your playing habits have been changed since the re-introduction of ads into the game.

I myself - play far less now, I get into it for a game or two, and then get so annoyed that I shut it off before game 3. And I'm now finding the desire to play in the first place diminished at the thought of what I'll hear pre-game.

Has the recent update affected your gameplay?

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

I don't touch it anymore. One ad set me off. >

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I think I play it about the same amount. I was already starting to play the game less before the update though. If I'd been in full swing before the update, it's possible that I might have played less. Although recently I've spent more time online than in TT. If I had spent most time in TT then that would mean long sessions with no adverse impacts of 2.10, so it wouldn't have affected me. Overall, probably about the same, because I'm not playing as much anyway.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

I play much less and it will not be long before I stop playing entirely.

PSN ID
    Reezellthia

I am yet to download this update so I still play the game the same amount

I play the game less since the introduction on the new patch. The game is highly annoying, the last thing you want when you just lost by 0.02 seconds or flown through a mine field only to be blown up form the ship clash glitch is to watch some garbage advert.
    Also when the avert plays the loading on the next race stops for the entire advert.
    Offline is better for me as I do not have to put up with it.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Less for me as well - a shame really

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I play less but it isn't really any relation to the patch, I simply don't dedicate as much to WipEout HD as I used to. Although the adverts aren't really any encouragement for me to play, even if they don't disrupt it too much.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

I'm like Amorbis, Just not playing as much anyway, the adverts don't bother me really. I understand that peoples principles are playing a big part in their thoughts about it all, but I just can't seem to get angry about it. I'm just of the point of view that there are bigger battles in life to fight than this.

The fact that the game has now been out for a year and I'm still playing it at all is a source of wonder to me. Maybe we are all playing less because we are a tad jaded and need a rest.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

That really is not the case for me, KGB. Playing Wipeout HD used to be a form of rest and had a rejuvenating effect for me.

It's like walking through a nice neighborhood and later finding it polluted with litter, noise, and other obnoxious behavior. You don't walk through it much after that starts to happen.

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

Rocky Rocky Rocky Rocky Rocky

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Unchanged. I still play too much

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

I play much less, didn't even download the patch. I still practice offline, to stay in good shape, in the eventuality my fellow team mates ask me to join for WWC. Otherwise, knowing there's ads again just repulse me, and it saddens me to see so much cool people i've been meeting online quiting...

Take that Sony, see what's happening when you screw with people. Oh wait, i forgot... you don't care.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I was actually asked today, "Why aren't you playing that game as much recently?". Apparently other people notice more than me. I probably didn't realise quite how much I played before, whereas family did. I guess that, up until yesterday, I was playing probably as frequently, but not for as long. Today I only did two races, and that was only after a comment from someone made me think it had improved. So yeah, I'm slowly but surely getting turned off. It's actually the increased glitches and technical issues that are the greater turn off though I feel, in terms of having the will to play. But the other stuff is annoying in more of a moral sense. Together they add up to major loss of will.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    iLikeMu

It's probably not going to affect my play time, but that's because I've owned my system for about 6 weeks. Prior to that I only had a handful of WipeOut HD sessions on a friend's system. The annoyance brought by the patch isn't enough to override my desire to play...at least not yet.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

It's sort of affecting my play. Last night I got on and there was only two rooms. And shortly only one. So while I would've played much longer than I did there's not as many people on then there was. I'm not sure that's due to the update or not.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Only 2 rooms?? Damn, once in a while i had minimum 4 to 5 rooms, but only 2...

Way to go Sony

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

I had 0 Last night. Vart was Sad

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Quote Originally Posted by Kyonshi View Post
    Only 2 rooms?? Damn, once in a while i had minimum 4 to 5 rooms, but only 2...

Way to go Sony
    yep, was late - and Crawdad62 was in one room with me, just us racing, the other room was venom....

Only two rooms open, reminded me of Pulse! meh!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

For now I stopped playing completely – let's see if lasts for a few more months …