Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.10 advert discussion, NOT a lawsuit thread.

PSN ID
    drMannevond

Just for fun I sent an email to Sony Norway asking to cancel my purchase of Wipeout HD. I'm expecting an answer along the lines of 'HAHA! We already have your money so go **** yourself', but one can always hope.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    fleinn

..I send a mail to them once in a while as well. Something like "congratulations on another excellent localisation job.. but "artifakt" is not a Norwegian word". Or "I would dearly like to give you more money and buy a psp - but there are no ps1 titles I want on the store right now - can you help me?". But I never get any mail back. *cries*

Rezatron is offline Banned for aggressive behaviour toward members, moderators and admin. Rapier Pilot
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rezatron

I got my first ad only last night. What's up with that? I recall other Canadians saying they got ads (I think?) so this comes off a bit strange. It's only one ad too and I see it almost every load screen (trailer for the movie "Armored").

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

There hasn't been any ads during loading screens for me the last days now. Are they removed again or do they come and go? Maybe they noticed our loud complaints?

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

The ONLY ad I get now is the Fight Club one. It's getting really annoying having to constantly hear "the first rule of fight club is, you do not talk about fight club" and "this is too much."

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Dark Phantom, are you making sure only to start the game while offline?

PSN ID
    kgb1971

I start the game offline and get the adverts all the time, but with no sound usually.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

I'm guessing you're not in the UK? Have you tried a fresh reinstall first, then making sure to always start the game offline?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

KGB was in the UK last time I checked. That's not to say I'm checking or anything. I'm not a stalker, I swear.

so the ads are still in the game then. :-

meh.

i haven't bothered playing it since they appeared....and will continue not too.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    KGB was in the UK last time I checked. That's not to say I'm checking or anything. I'm not a stalker, I swear.
    As mentioned earlier by yeldar, it seemed like those in the UK did not need to do a fresh reinstall.

But, guys, I have not heard anyone say that they were still seeing ads after a fresh reinstall and making sure to always start the game offline.

I've posted in both the UK and American PSN forums. This looks like the real deal, so try it out and let us know if you're still getting ads.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

It's the first time I've played in a while. The logging in after loading up trick has stopped working for me too. It's a shame that sharing solutions with each other in this way also means sharing them with people who can nullify the solution and bring the problem right back again. I think we all saw it coming, but it's still a shame.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I wonder if it'd be possible to narrow down the IP address that the adverts are being served from and just block that on the router?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I think that's the same method someone mentioned earlier. I'd try it if I still played the game often enough to bother.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

I hope I don't sound like a broken record. Can you confirm, SaturnReturn, that at some point you did a fresh reinstall, then made sure to always start the game while offline, and you still saw ads?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Nope. No fresh install. I was just confirming that the super easy method that worked for us in the UK before no longer works. I don't play it enough to bother with a fresh install. Tonight was the first time since just after Avalon I think, or possibly even since Avalon itself. Even if I did find a method that worked, I wouldn't be confirming it here, because no doubt it would no longer work shortly afterward.

Maybe someone with enough remaining enthusiasm for HD can help Koleax confirm his theory.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Well, the super easy method never worked for me, so I don't see any reason why it should have worked for anyone else.

If someone wants to "fix" the ordinarily easy method, then it'd be like they were declaring spam war or something. The more people who know, the better.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Yeah super easy method no longer works for me either.
    Not getting ads offline though, only online...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Are they new ads you've never seen before?

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Yeah but apparently the ads have changed from the original ones anyway: Rocky is out, Fight Club is in.

Might give a fresh install a try sometime this weekend. Will probs take about 10 years to download again (just like the first time ) but we'll see how it goes.