Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.10 advert discussion, NOT a lawsuit thread.

Every wasted second is removed from your life, and life is short.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim1982 View Post
    I don't get why everyone hates the adverts so much. I mean at best it only takes a few extra seconds to load the race...
    we're a bloody hard bunch to please, but i agree - a few seconds, no biggie, time enough to drag on a scooby and sip ribena, by the time you've exhaled, your thrusters would have warmed up!

Timezone
    GMT -5

Have a look...

The Average American watches an incredible 4.35hrs. oh T.V. a day!
    An hour show is really a 44 minute show without commercials,
    so that's 16 minutes of commercials an hour times 4.35 equals 69.6,
    69.6 minutes a day times 365 days per year equals 25,404 minutes yearly, divide by 60 for hours that's 423, then divide by 24 for days and ya got 17.64 days a year. Of Non. Stop. Ads.

Now multiply by 20 years and that's almost a full year of, yup commercials.

Shall we get started in internet-based ads, or radio, or newspapers, billboards, and now our video games...

Just a couple of seconds to spare? I want them back.

Television commercials, I mostly don't watch. Commercial tv has very little of interest to me, so I watch what does, the occasional movie on DVD, for instance, but mostly I watch PBS and college stations that also broadcast some PBS content. For commercial tv, my computer is always on; during commercials, I'm doing something else for the five minutes the commercials run. But commercial breaks that last less than a minute would be pure frustration, not enough time to really concentrate on some pleasant 'task'.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

Hmm, I'm in Norway and I do get audio in the ads. Wonder why the swedish and other norwegian poster don't get audio on theirs?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

The adverts don't waste my time as much as they damage my dignity. I'm not a cheap person and I don't lack so much maturity to be interested in Fat Princess this much.

It's all Fat Princess all the time now. No more PixelJunk Monsters ad, which was also cheap and annoying, but now there is even less variation. By sticking mostly to Speed Lap and Zone mode, I narrowed the number of times I had to watch the Fat Princess ad to about 6 times an hour yesterday.

The real victim is Wipeout. Can this truly be lost on them? I am a customer who's interested in Wipeout, which compared to Fat Princess is a luxurious work of art in good taste. If I am still playing Wipeout, after the 100th Fat Princess ad, do they really want to show me another Fat Princess ad?

There's a way to put advertising in Wipeout with dignity and respect. They should at least take my money to remove the ads. Instead they've made the game a whore.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Indeed the repetitive nature of the adverts is starting to wear very thin. Last night I think I had one GT ad and one Motorstorm ad. After that it was Rocky all night, without fail. I really want WipEout as a franchise to continues and therefore revenue is important. But this way of doing things will only put people off and WipEout will lose out.

PSN ID
    drMannevond

Quote Originally Posted by okam View Post
    Hmm, I'm in Norway and I do get audio in the ads. Wonder why the swedish and other norwegian poster don't get audio on theirs?
    Well, I live way out in the middle of nowhere (Indre Sogn, for those familiar with norwegian geography), so maybe Sony doen't think it's worth piping the sound all the way here?

The introduction of unwanted adverts into a product we have already paid for without our consent is disgusting and unacceptable.
    Mods closing threads and remaining neutral on this sore subject is also poor too from what I have seen imo.

Default Moderator message.

I did not remain neutral, I've negatively criticised the adverts. The only threads I truly closed were a lawsuit thread, and a redundant troll thread, that would have just repeated the same things we already had a thread for. You guys have no right to attempt to start a lawsuit against Sony and base it here in a forum owned by a private individual who might have to suffer for your actions by being held legally responsible for them. Did anyone of you even bother to ask him if it was okay?

I also closed the old 2.10 thread to give advert discussion its own thread because it had swamped all other discussion of 2.10 effects, and I also started a new thread for just those effects. This was done to give full scope to discussion of all the issues rather than only adverts. There are now three threads for discussing the results of 2.10. Four if you count the one IH8YOU started, which asks if you've stopped playing HD/Fury since 2.10, or at least reduced your play of the game. So please do not accuse me or the other mods with vague charges of stuff which is not true.