Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Leaderboard update failures.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MiguelSkywalker

¿? Glitched times in Sol2 Phantom? I've noticed my times were terrible in this one compared with the other tracks, could it be because of that or I just suck at that track?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

My scores for Zone Mode on Syncopia aren't showing me unless that's normal.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

They won't do, the leaderboards are at least four months out of date sadly.

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Just a thought on the f'ed-up leaderboards and the schedule when the leaderboards stopped working. It's more or less the (production) testing timeframe for vitas WO 2048 over PSN on the WOHD servers ...

Is there hope? After the February W'O'' 2048 release for vita the leaderboards will be fully functional again. The Vitas are able to race our tracks and might show up within our (OUR!) leaderboards. It would be a bad reputation when the leaderboards won't be functional - when there'll be a merged leaderboard.

Besides, better for us will be us able to show up in the 2048 leaderboards without buying a vita

Anyone?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Quote Originally Posted by Constrictor View Post
    It would be a bad reputation when the leaderboards won't be functional - when there'll be a merged leaderboard.
    This is why it makes sense that the leaderboards will begin working for the release of 2048. Then again, business decisions have a habit of not making practical sense.

If the 'boards aren't working after the worldwide launch, then Sony/SL have really, really messed up.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by Constrictor View Post
    Besides, better for us will be us able to show up in the 2048 leaderboards without buying a vita

Anyone?
    IMO there's no chance it happens ! It seems that when you select the wipeout 2048's application on your psvita, you have two possible choices, wipeout 2048 (exclusive vita) and wipeout HD (for cross-play, maybe offline too). So 2048 leaderboards should be exclusive for vita owners.

PSN ID

I can't help thinking it was incredibly shortsighted of Studio Liverpool to neglect maintenance of the leaderboards after the Welcome Back package came in. Millions of people given the game for free and not one of them has a single record in the leaderboards, it's just not good enough and will surely have been a barrier to the enthusiasm that many of them felt initially.

I really hope they fix the boards for the launch of 2048, and maintain them from that point, but who knows whether they will?

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    IMO there's no chance it happens !
    My statement was not specific on what I want/expect/hope ... a native PS 2048 add-on or port or whatever gives us new tracks. Anyway, this really might not happen *sigh*

PSN ID

I recently commented on http://www.facebook.com/#!/WipEout2048, asking if the leaderboards for HD would be updated for the Western launch of 2048, because if they weren't going to be, then crossplay is pretty pointless etc.

A guy from Studio Liverpool suggested I contact the PSN team on 0844 736 0595 for them to investigate. I phoned the number and told them the problem. I was put on hold for a while whilst the operator talked to his manager. The advice was that HD is an old game and they don't intend to update the leaderboards at any point.

I said that was a shame and that for the sake of some basic maintenance, it seemed very short sighted of Sony to neglect one of their flagship games, diminishing the experience of cross-play with the Vita, and possibly harming customer loyalty.

He kindly offered to "open up a case", which would guarantee it was looked into properly, and I would get an answer by phone or email. I accepted gratefully and gave them my details.

They phoned me today, and read out an email from Head Office, who had investigated the case. Apparently the Wipeout HD leaderboards are working just fine and "the customer should try again". I explained that unless there has been an update today, then they aren't working at all and have been broken for five months or more. The operator (Tony) said he couldn't do anything more as it had been escalated to Head Office, and once they've answered, that's it. "Can't you tell them they're wrong?" I asked. Tony didn't seem to want to contemplate that.

So there you go. The leaderboards are working fine, what are you all moaning about?

P.S. if they actually have been fixed this morning, I'll feel pretty small and shall immediately edit this sarcastic rant. If they haven't, maybe it's worth one or two more people ringing 0844 736 0595 and telling them, as they seemed to think it hadn't been reported before

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

It don't seems to have been fixed, the record i set months ago on sol2 rapier multiplayer don't appear on the rankings !
    I'll try to sync again several times today to confirm, but i'm not optimist there !

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

It sounds like typical ignorant bureaucracy. You should have specified that the problem wasn't that the times weren't showing, its that the tables are not being updated. The answer you got sounds like they think that because the servers are running there's no problem.

If you're up for it (or someone else, it might be a bit much to ask of one person to go to that much effort), I'd try and get them to open a new case and specify this. You probably will get a response like "they need to do X, but that's too much effort. Sorry", but who knows...

PSN ID

You're probably right. They probably got someone to fire up HD, have a look at a couple of leaderboards, and thought "Well they're right there". And they are, but they're basically an archive of times and scores pre-Welcome Back.

The guy I spoke to today seemed to hold "Head Office" in some God like regard. They had spoken and their word is final. Ridiculous.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Archon473

PSN ID

Guys, I have some fantastic news. Following my phonecall from PSN last week I received an email, basically asking if I was satisfied with the response I got. I clicked "no" and was directed to an online form. Here's what I put:

"I contacted PSN customer Services on the suggestion of a member of Studio Liverpool. The issue is regarding the Wipeout HD leaderboards, which have not been updated for several months (since the PSN came back online after the hacking fiasco to be precise).

I was told that the leaderboards would not be updating because Wipeout HD is an old game and Studio Liverpool were concentrating on 2048 from now on. When I said that this was incredibly shortsighted of Sony, for several reasons, cross-play with Wipeout HD being one, I was told that Sony would open up a case and investigate the matter properly.

I was phoned yesterday and read an email from "Head Office". The gist of it was that "the leaderboards are working fine and the customer should try again".

The leaderboards are not working fine; they're not working at all. Yes, you can view times and scores for all the modes and classes. But they haven't updated in several months.

So the hundreds of thousands of players given the game with "Welcome Back", have never had a single record added to the leaderboards. This will undoubtedly have been a barrier to the continued enjoyment of these players, and probably a barrier to them investing in a Vita, or 2048.

When I explained to the gentleman on the phone that this answer from "Head Office" was unacceptable, he said that he could do nothing. Apparently when "Head Office" have investigated and replied, that's the end of the line, so to speak. I find this to be entirely unacceptable and an utterly disdainful way to treat customers.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Adam O'Keeffe"

A man from Sony PSN phoned me today. He apologised for the initial response I received, and said the matter had been passed back up to head office for a more thorough investigation. To cut a long story short, a patch is being released in about two weeks which should update the leaderboards, and ensure that they automatically update from there on.

Get in!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Azurooth

Thumbs up

Thank the heavens and more, right now i love you gadd. Made my day no doubt!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I think Booney in particular will celebrate this as a second christmas ;P

PSN ID
    SoA_Booney

Quote Originally Posted by amplificated View Post

I think Booney in particular will celebrate this as a second christmas ;P
    If this was a facebook comment i would like this ever so much xD

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    oliver_fighter7 - Olivariox

Excellent news! Thanks for your effort Adam, I think I speak in the name of all when I say we appreciate it very much.

PSN ID

I really can't take that much credit, I can only assume an update was due anyway. I'm just glad to be the bearer of good news. Made my day to say the least.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

So they actually care their game! Great to see such good news!

But you're not just the bearer but the person who did the first move; we still appreciate your effort, Colonel.