Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaderboard update failures.

PSN ID
    novide

most new records not updating since 2 weeks...

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

The only part of the leaderboard that seems to update regularly for me is the Online Rank section and sometimes the Multiplayer Race. Everything else remains un-updated (is that a word?)

Why not just say: 'Everything else remains the same.'

It's simple and direct and elegantly accurate. William of Ockham knew what he was about.

And Led Zeppelin, too, I guess.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

You can add "un-" to any verb, but it usually means the reversal of an action already completed, as if the leaderboards had been updated but are now in a previous state. Better to use a different adjective like "frozen" or simply say that it is not updating.

See, I could be an English teacher. I just don't want to be a prison guard too.:-

Do we have to bribe someone to get this fixed?

I like my reply better.

I was an English Literature major; twas more fun than being a grammarian, but only a little bit more fun. I wouldn't want to teach either subject. I wanted to change to architecture, but they wouldn't let me, umm.. I seem to be straying from the actual topic.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

I posted it before I saw yours.

So where's the nearest pizza delivery place to Studio Liverpool?

I thought these were fixed..so they have broken down again...probally best just to post your times on conevers website

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Why not just say: 'Everything else remains the same.'

It's simple and direct and elegantly accurate. William of Ockham knew what he was about.

And Led Zeppelin, too, I guess.
    Thank you Lance, that makes much more sense. My English is usually pretty good, don't know what made me write that

No problem; I'm always willing to give advice, whether it's needed or not.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

When did leaderboard update failures start? Was it after a certain update? It hasn't always been like this, has it?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    QjonPL

At 2.01 patch they started to work normally (after a long time) until infamous 2.10 patch - and Ads :/ As mentioned at second page, there was a small time gap when some scores have been updated, but until today everything is back to "HD normal" (which means Leaderboards are not working).

Timezone
    GMT -5

For the record - I'd call it "Fury Normal" - leader boards worked pretty well from Oct 2008 until Fury.

At least, on my end.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

So it really started with Fury?

Hmm, I'm not a database expert. For someone who knows more about that, how difficult would it be update the pre-Fury leaderboards to the Fury, with new tables and modes, like Detonator, and the Pure Four which have only Zone scores? Could it be complications resulting from that process which are causing them not to update?

PSN ID
    drMannevond

From what little experience I have with databases the basics of it should be pretty simple. As soon as you finish a race your time and other relevant info (track, speedclass, psn-ID etc.) is passed along to their servers where it's compared to your previous times, and if you set a record it's added to the tables.
    I can see some problems showing up with Fury if they didn't plan for the database to be expanded with new tracks, modes etc. in the future, in which case they would have to either try to bolt it on on top of the existing database, create a separate Fury database and try to make it play nice with the old one or create a whole new database that can handle it all and migrate the old one over. Lots of head-scratching can result from any of those approaches.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'm just guessing,but it might have something to do with Fury adding Detonator,Eliminator and Zone battle modes to the records that is causing the problems.
    Now all the information coming in has to be sorted into into more groups,which would mean that new code would of had to be written to do this,and that's where there could be a bottle neck.
    It might have a limit to how much it can process in real time,then if overloaded with incoming data it just starts putting everything in a cache,which in turn is stopping the real time updates.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

With the disclaimer that I haven't got a clue on how Sony builds back-ends, I'll just say: Come on...

It's not like it's millions of transactions every second. Just assume a 1000 concurrent races with 8 players each. The races finish every few minutes, let's say on average 2 minutes. That gives, on average, 8 races finishing every second, with 8 records needing checking pr race. 64 updates pr second in one or more database tables is nothing.

I could run that database on my laptop...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Effedieffe

But not all tracks are affected, recently I did a lot of TT on Vineta forward on all classes and records updated quickly!

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Not happy with this at all. They got it sorted for a week when they released it on disc to make it look like it was working for the new comers and have forgot about it now. All five of my personal bests on Sebenco forward are now glitched. Where is the support, where are the devs, where are my proper times, where is the love? Amateurs. :-

Edit: All five of my proper times are now missing from AP, CP and SC. If it is not recording my time if I beat a personal best then it may be the beginning of the end for me.
    Last edited by KGB; 8th December 2009 at 09:18 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

enter your pb on conna's site mate. It's the place to be when the officials are down (even when they works ! )

PSN ID
    kgb1971

I do that Leungbok, but if the leader boards don't update It won't record my time anywhere as the five personal best on each track have all got stupidly fast times and can not be beat.