Thread: Class Action Lawsuit over adding ads.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Default Class Action Lawsuit over adding ads.

At request from the thread http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6977 I'm starting a thread focused on the possibility of a class action lawsuit over the adding of advertisements into a product we have already purchased which containted none. As I stated in the other thread, I'm willing to put up $100USD as a start. If we have a lawyer on this board who is interested great. If not, I'm thinking about contacting the lawyers who handled the Sony rootkit class action lawsuit.

ProblemSolver, would you like to restate what you are willing to put up?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Default Thread Closed.

I'm closing this thread. I respect anyone's rights but this is not the way to go about things.

I suggest that if people want to take this further they try any of the following:

1. Post on the Sony forums.
    2. Post on a consumer rights forum.
    3. Write to Sony/SL outlining how you feel.
    4. Start a petition.
    5. Consult your countries consumer rights department.

If anyone want to start a general discussion about consumer rights and the bigger issue of whether post-purchase introduction of advertising to a game already paid for, then it can be debated in the off topic section as a general discussion.

Attempting to launch a lawsuit from this site is just plain wrong. If anyone wants to do this I think they should do it off their own backs. Internet law is unclear in many many ways, as far as I can tell, and this can potentially only lead to trouble for the forum.

In addition, names have been mentioned in the other thread by a member other than Spilskinanker. Naming names of people at SL or Sony who may be harassed as individuals as a result of people's strong views, as could potentially be the outcome of the other thread, is not right. I mention this here not to associate it with Spilskinanker in any way (as he has already condemned this himself in that thread), but to include it in the kind of actions that the forum should not be used for surrounding this matter.