Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2009-11-04: SaturnReturn is our newest moderator

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Cool to see a mod that it will be possible to destroy online in case of a conflict here !

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

You brought up a very good point there Leungbok.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JJPAP

Ha, Leung
    Grats and good luck, SatR!

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Congratulations SR, well done.

I always knew you would go far.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Golgofier

Yey, gratz SR!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Well done! Fun times await you I'm sure

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

Aah grand, a great addition to the team, congratulations to you guys!

Congratulations to you Chris, for earning this You've gained this position in quite a short time. That's a commendable feat!

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    Good luck Saturn. I have always thought your are able to weigh the issues and express yourself very clearly and calmly in your posts. So I know you will keep a clear head when all around you are losing theirs and you will do very well.
    There's a literary reference to Kipling in there somewhere, but here's another that applies to the same situation: The Queen of Hearts.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

They used to call Diana 'The Queen of Hearts'.
    Look what happened to her: High speed chase, narrow underground pass, eliminated by the French. Sounds very familiar.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Thanks everyone. Not sure I like these 'Queen' references, but I'll reserve judgment once I get a clue what they actually mean.

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    I thought your name was Chris, thats what i have saved under messenger under your name from Arch's TDL back at the start of the year.

I thought Stevie would of been added as a moderator over SR tbh.
    Indeed you are correct KIGO. My names is Chris. And there I was thinking I'd gotten away with that one. (Note to self: must try harder to fool KIGO )

Anyway, fair point about Stevie (I'm assuming you mean stin, right?). He has been here a long time. But at the very minimum I would presume the below quote is a good reason why he wouldn't be as good a choice as me right now. Basically, I'm going to be around more, which is a shame, because stin seems cool. Even though I haven't been around here a long time, I think I have a reasonable idea of what people feel is missing or has changed, which is causing some 'old-timers' to leave. Hopefully I can be a part of restoring that feeling and maybe stin will come back. Win-win, right?

Quote Originally Posted by stin View Post
    Looks like this will be my last post here but I will keep on wiping from my true friends who knows what I`m talking about!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Always frenchies involved in nasty plans

Chris/Sat all my wishes of good success being a new moderator : we needed a new one that is true and i know the task/duty can be hard sometimes, trust me mate, anyway a lot of great moments you gonna spend : ahhh Pit lane posts memories come immediately to my mind

To be a moderator you don't have to ask, the wise people will choose you

Bonne chance Chris

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    Indeed you are correct KIGO. My names is Chris. And there I was thinking I'd gotten away with that one. (Note to self: must try harder to fool KIGO )

Anyway, fair point about Stevie (I'm assuming you mean stin, right?). He has been here a long time. But at the very minimum I would presume the below quote is a good reason why he wouldn't be as good a choice as me right now. Basically, I'm going to be around more, which is a shame, because stin seems cool. Even though I haven't been around here a long time, I think I have a reasonable idea of what people feel is missing or has changed, which is causing some 'old-timers' to leave. Hopefully I can be a part of restoring that feeling and maybe stin will come back. Win-win, right?
    Yes, i have a very good memory for those kind of things, i remember that weekend well Arnaud was there as well. The Team Division Link Weekend that Archman created. Thats how i got your messenger address. Yes Stevie the Scotsman. But him and Arnaud even though they've been here since genesis they are very busy people, moding is a fulltime job, minus the pay, overtime, and sup benefits, lol. Interesting seeing a mod here in the similar age generation as i.

----

If anybody remembers this thread i created a while back http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6376 this came to mind just thinking about other mods before. I remember suggesting Stevie and Lunar being mods. This thread i made back ages ago when that Goodbye Yelder Thread crap occurred, when Darkdrium777 back in the day got suspended on something that was misinterpretation.

Seems like this got sorted out after all in due time. Back up to 4 mods again, like when i first joined this place.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

You trying to suggest this was more to do with your suggestion than my overwhelming awesome-ness, which is equalled only by my overwhelming modesty (obviously)?

P.S. Thanks again Asayyeah.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    My names is Chris.
    Ha! Busted!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I hate you. You do realise of course that I can now edit out both my original message and yours, which so cruelly points out my blunder? In my defence, I don't have as much time now for spell-checks, as I have more to read, much more. This could lead to a lot of sweet revenge for some. I really hope I keep my apostrophes in line.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

You could... but you won't, will you (menacing tone of voice obligatory)

I'll either keep on plaguing you just for gags or I'll stop and say this was only a throwback to our MSN convo last night. You will never know! Muahahahahahaha
    Not until you next make a mistake at any rate...

KGB, it was not Diana I was referring to; it was a literary reference, not an Entertainment Tonight/TMZ reference.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

I thought you were referring to Alice in Wonderland and 'off with their heads'. But I couldn't find any Wipeout related humour in that story.

It was moderators trying to keep their heads when all about them were losing theirs. Like Alice surviving the Queen of Hearts.

Well, I hope that's all settled. Otherwise, "Off with their heads!" Might as well use 'em for croquet.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Congratulations SaturnReturn! I always thought you'd be the man for the job. I am wishing you strenght and wisdom. Also a lot of fun in the pitlane!

Greetz Mad-Ice