Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much is a DLC that would remove ads worth?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Koleax has one very good point. We've all let this thread get off topic in quite an extreme way, and very few have even answered or addressed the original question. The whole notion of ads and whether they are appropriate or legal is not what this thread is about and discussions around it are already present in at least two other threads I believe. So let's at least try to steer this one back to answering the original question.

on topic:

it's not worth anything, because the f$%ing things shouldn't have been put in to begin with! If they had the nerve to charge for something like that, this forum would probably explode. They should be removed in a free patch issued to everyone, along with a good explanation and apology!!! ASAP.

The idea of dlc that removes it, is priceless.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Default Moderator message

Some posts from this thread have been deleted. In addition, names of individuals mentioned have been deleted due to the potential for implications surrounding their mention.

Those posts deleted were off topic and did not help get the thread back on track, although they were, in essence, well intentioned.

If anyone wants to generally discuss the overall issue as to the legality of post-purchase introduction of adverts to games, then Spilskinanker has created a topic for that here:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...112#post157112

Please keep that discussion informative only, and this one on topic.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post

What you have to ask yourselves is why WipEout?

Why not Killzone? Why not Little Big Planet? Why not Uncharted 2? Why not Motorstorm?
    Perhaps Wipeout HD is the proverbial goats that are staring at men. Coming from Liverpool and all.
    Last edited by Lance; 6th November 2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Deliberately irrelevant and trolling. Infraction given.

PSN ID
    krioto

Please remove this advertising crap from a game I've already PAID FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is shitting me to tears - I can't chill out and relax playing wipeout without the some stupid prats advertising brain-child thrust at me between each race.

This is how you get people to hate your products, not buy them - stupid stupid stupid, but hey, that's sony

PSN ID
    Jimsin

Just for the record (and to keep on topic) - I would actually pay for DLC that would remove the adverts ... because I love Wipeout HD and I loathe adverts! However I would feel completely ripped off as a result - and that would be almost as depressing as the adverts themselves

PSN ID
    Reezellthia

I would not pay for a DLC whose only purpose is to remove ads.
    I think it's going a bit too far discussing lawsuit action right now.
    I think it is a good idea however to make people (who don't play wipeout) aware that this is happening (in game ads), to be wary of the possibility that more games in future will also have disruptive advertising, and to express our views that we are not happy about it.