View Poll Results: 2.10 What do you think

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • It fixed issues I was having, LOVE IT!

3 10.00%
  • It caused me so many problems, Hate It!

12 40.00%
  • Meh, I see no difference.

15 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wipeout HD 2.10 Thoughts

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

If only.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Oh, not this again.

Quote Originally Posted by XBARNSTERX View Post
    What does is how ****ing random online play seems to be now
    It always has been random! Hasn't it?

PSN ID
    Amorbis

If you're really that bothered about the adverts and are playing online you could always go into a tournament. From the two tournaments I played yesterday the game doesn't seem to show adverts in place of the scores.

The adverts are annoying, but as long as they change often and I don't see any individual advert 100 times it should be more bearable.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I had hoped that would be the case. But I was in a game with Mad-Ice tonight and was getting adverts. I expect it was maybe just a coincidence Amorbis. I'm still unsure why I didn't gave any adverts in one very long session yesterday.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

We should be thankful that it isn't WeBuyAnyCar.com that are advertising . Why can't we just have:

1: In-game companies doing ads (Mindcorp?) with the showcased game being a sponsor, the ad lasting 3-4 seconds;
    2: Have one or two (literally) boards around each track showing a static image, or everybody's favourite:
    3: None at all.

I haven't got the patch, yet.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

The current adverts are just about OK, they at least have relevance to us as players. If that were to change I would be disgruntled, I don't want insurance adverts or that sort of thing. If it were to go to the extreme of GoCompare adverts I might just stop playing WipEout HD.

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

@Koleax...
    What i meant by that, is theres less control over your tactical play style. More than there was before IMO.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Haha, to be honest I like the State Farm Ads more –*style wise. Of course not their loading times.
    But they were more 2D and more silent, better fitting to the game if you ask me.
    Ah and I don't like the frame the ads are in. Why has there to be some pseudo-billbaord frame around it?

While there are better and worse ways of doing advertising, the principle of advertising in game in this way should not be accepted. Not unless you want to see adverts on loading screens on every game you own. In my opinion it is an attempt to change the model of how games are sold, owned and played, to the benefit of the corporations and the expense of the customer. Would we accept loading screen adverts in Little Big Planet or PES or FIFA, having paid for them? No way would we and just because Wipeout HD is on the PSN instead of a disc doesn`t make it any different.

My other thought about this update is that the save file corruption it causes seems to be a fairly well known issue and the whole thing will be a massive own goal. So they managed to add adverts that nobody wants and many people actively hate, but do something else to corrupt people`s game saves. Shows what the priority is here. And afterwards..... silence. Does anyone care or test this stuff at Sony?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

QA? u r joking, r u not? of course they haven't a QA or something similar (to expensive). they want our money, nothing else! that's the way it goes.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

Quote Originally Posted by kaori View Post
    Loading screens are longer, I hate it
    there are no ingame ads for my ip address so i dont see any difference between 2.0 and 2.1