• I am a Legend

5 6.41%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How good do you think you are at Wipeout

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

sometimes i asking myself : where's the ****in old spirit of the Zone : let me picture it in another way : Every year ( starting in 2007 Amsterdam) there's a Euro convention, in 2010 that should be in France (Paris) as we decided among those who participated to this (and also all those mini-conventions which has spread all over the place hosted by fellow members) ; question is : do I want to take part in the next convention : probably not if i have to meet few of those ego-maniac.
    Pity cause there's plenty of members i haven't met yet that i am really looking forward to have a good laugh with them irl, i know there will be time for sure in the future, at the right place and the right moment.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

KGB - The best thing about the Greenix scale was that it was achievement based. So you'd get a number rank for having, for example, achieved the platinum trophy. You don't lose that trophy so you can only get better. Other achievements were, I think, completing campaign mode, and getting a no 1 record on pretty much anything. You didn't have to still have the no 1, just to have achieved one at some point.

Anyway, you know as well as anyone that you could be as good as Wotan if you had the time to spend on the game. That's 90% of what it is really, in my opinion - having the time (lack of a real life) to practice enough.

@Asayyeah..

this is just a fun thread ..its not an official who is the best thread its more of a "how do i rate my development"
    no one has gone ego maniac on this thread..no one has slagged down other members..if any thing nearly every player understated their own development.
    some gave compliments to others..

no one plays a game for a year and dosnt think about their self development in that game .those who play for fun play cos they enjoy there development they get through playing..wipeout is competetative game.its normal to want to develop and its not a crime to talk about it. this thread is not a bad thing it will only be a bad thing when an idiot starts a flame fight on it which hopefully wont happen as players may be wiser than they were from past.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Well I think some people are just more talented than others and it comes more easily. I've played the game a lot, probably more than Wotan and just found my level. Wotan is just very good at it.

I'd like to think I might meet you someday Asayyeah so don't go disappearing yet.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    il_mago_di_Doz

If Stin is a competent.... then I'm a F***ing noob!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

i think you misunderstood me Jade, i am not saying it's gonna be a flame-war topic : it's just 'another' thread of ' high self-esteem' greatly resumed by KGB.
    If you think members are wiser nowadays, we also don't have the same comprehension of what mean wise. Wise matches with humility in my way, not truly the fact here ( not especially in your thread but among few 'recent' ones)

@KGB i would be glad to meet you mate and don't be worried i won't be disapearing , it's not 2 or 3 members who will gutted me from posting or reading there, there's a spirit still existing, shame those guys don't get it or respecting it but we can't be friends with everyone. So i will let them to their 'cuisine'
    Last edited by Asayyeah; 27th October 2009 at 10:37 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by KGB1971 View Post
    Well I think some people are just more talented than others and it comes more easily.
    I agree, but maybe that just means some people have to put more time in to make up for slightly less talent. Although I'll be honest, I am starting to fail to see how any amount of practice could help anyone achieve the kind of times Elois gets on TT.

I tried to vote for option nine (Godly) but as this option was not available I settled for "I am a legend".
    Do not be fooled by my lousy race times as it is all part of my deadly deception.

To be honest, rating ones self is very difficult as performance in a game such as this, varies dramaticaly from day to day.
    You are only as good as your last race.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

If this is just for online then I reckon 6 is still accurate - I don't think there is really anyone who will consistently beat everyone else if all players are similarly matched. It's all so close nowadays.

To be honest I prefer to think of Legendary Pilots as the guys I looked up to when I first arrived in the zone (and I still look up to them), the ones who (even if they do not race any more) everybody has heard of, the ones that make you smile just because you have the chance to race them, the guys you can banter with/exchange casual trash-talking on PSN, y'all know what I mean

I think I'm in love

[/sentimental old fool inside an 18 year old's head]

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Hmmm nobody mentioned me under legendary so I'll place myself at elite. However I think my weaponskills are legendary ranked.

In conclusion

Racing - 7 Elite
    Weapon Skill - 8 Legendary

PSN ID
    kgb1971

without a hint of irony.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I refuse to participate, because I don't see -12 on your poll.

But if it were there, I'd be -13.

My skills in Wipeout are only rivaled by my skills in other aspects. *cough* sex *cough*

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I am with Asayyeah. I've let myself slip up too much in this new "Zone spirit" and I regret the consequences. I suggest everyone stops making potential "ego threads."
    For the sake of everyone. No offence Jade but I think this should be locked outright. Let the actions of everyone speak instead of trying to give an abstract rating to all of us.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

I disagree DD.

As long as everyone is rating themselves I see no problem. No point locking something that hasnt exploded yet.

Who knows maybe it will inspire people to become better?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

One day I will be Novice. I'm pretty sure!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    that just made my day IH8YOU
    the perfect way to answer this thread

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Where's Level R?

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

This topic meant nothing to me because I chose competant!, why?, I`m thinking as a whole of Wipeout from Original to HD and I completed all the games!

Which makes, ASA and Jabberjaw are Legends compares to you all!

Jas, yes it is only for fun but you know asa

Enough of my rant!

stevie

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I'd say I'm a 6 (Dangerous) only because I've had a few legendary players message me saying I put them under pressure.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    Legendary Pilots - Zico
    who the f... is Zico?
    there's only 1 legend at a time. 4 me it's "Stefan Bellof" - 6:11.13 >200km/h/lap on the Nordschleife!
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 28th October 2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: !