• I am a Elite

7 8.97%
  • I am a Legend

5 6.41%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How good do you think you are at Wipeout

Smile How good do you think you are at Wipeout

based on these levels i made up how good do you think you are

1 Noob (You still dont know what all the weapon icons are)
    2 Novice(you know all the controls but cant see the point of side shift because you just cleared the HD campaign)
    3 Competant (you race ok but cant understand why elites are beating you by 20+ seconds a race)
    4 Skilled (you are starting to learn the secrets of the experts, side shift shortcuts and BR's
    5 Highly skilled (you got transendance and your putting minor pressure on some elite players)
    6 Dangerous (Elite have trouble with you.you win a few games and always come in close to them)
    7 Elite (a master of the game no one owns you on the track apart from legendary players)
    8 Legend (killer of elite and you stand out miles from other elites)

starting with myself i grade myself as really good level 5 highly skilled and on good days a crap level 6 dangerous

Timezone
    GMT + 1

4 - skilled for me. altho i bought the game on release date, i'm only just starting to get the hang of it

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

1. Noob

So just wait until I'm finished. xD

lol...So modest the perfect gentleman

just a note on the above poll..incase of confusion..this is really about online play..mainly..though i guess players from other modes could apply this themselves..

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

I wish we could vote on what we think of other people....that'd probs get a bit complicated/controversial though

i knew someone would say that...

problem with this is you will get either....

1 players says their a noob like PS when its obvious they are not cos they dont want to show off
    2 A idiot that says they are legendary but only played one online game and DNF
    3 maybe a player like me who gives honest opinion.

If you want to nominate another player do so.just post name and reason to explain why you think they are that level..

edit...@yeldar..come'on this is rubbish..you voted dangerous..try maybe legendary or maybe topend elite when your stoned off your head..no need to be shy
    Last edited by Aeroracer; 27th October 2009 at 09:12 PM.

Rezatron is offline Banned for aggressive behaviour toward members, moderators and admin. Rapier Pilot
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rezatron

This thread is potentially dangerous.

Honestly, based on my experiences online and the records tables I can compete and defeat anyone Rapier-Venom (I don't play Phantom seriously).

However, I bow down to a few folks, like the guy above me (yeldar) for starters...
    Last edited by Rezatron; 27th October 2009 at 09:19 PM.

you are very good

this thread like any thread has potential to be dangerous..so hopefully players will not use this as a means to attack each other and show respect..

Rezatron is offline Banned for aggressive behaviour toward members, moderators and admin. Rapier Pilot
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rezatron

How do you know Jasmin? I quite sure we've never played a match. (many Phantom only online pilots will not see me)

i know cos i played you when i just started the game before i decided i wanted to be a phantom player..even though i was total noob and failed to finish i could see from the difference in your time to all the other 6 players you stood out from the crowd..so i asume that 10 weeks on you must be even better.

PSN ID
    Rubbernuke

On a very good day I would be a 5, on a bad day aound 2 or 3.

It also depends on the opposition- good players make be push harder and I can sometimes surprise myself- I once had a nailbiting race against Sinus1 on Seb reverse where I won by a tenth of a second and I was dead chuffed (this was when Sinus1 was at level 50).

Slightly off topic but when is the best time to 'see' and race against WZ pilots? I would race for ages and never come across anyone from here- and do all WZ pilots race Phantom?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Poll perfectly fitting to few threads recently posted through the zone that i don't feel myself really incline to post in.
    Not that i have something against you Jasmin ( you work in Paris weekkdays : you can't be bad ) but it's typically a topic which leads to non-sense : What do you expect answers from everyone? Fake humility from guys who are the complete opposite on their continuous posts, true arrogant saying : ' i'm dominating' or free 'polite' congratulations from others...

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

@JJ: TBH i thought my vote was pretty accurate. I went on the description rather than the actual 'rankings' of the choices though.
    Also, is this based on people in their prime or at this moment in time?

This reminds me of TGS (Teh Greenix Scale). Anyone else remember that?
    best...scale...ever...

Legendary Pilots - Zico

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin-jade View Post
    problem with this is you will get either....

1 players says their a noob like PS when its obvious they are not cos they dont want to show off ...
    Well Jasmin, I don't love the idea to rate myself. I'm just someone who loves what he is
    doing. That's it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Default Satelite :P

Online, I'm a 6/7, including TTs that I really set my mind to I think I'm a 7, and the occasional TT/SL I could be an 8, if I had the time and a little more skill to beat Elois.

I think that's an honest assessment of where I am, based on the excessive time I've spent playing this game.

Unfortunately this thread ignores the Greenix scale, the standard measurement of WipEout HD skill. Look it up, it's most entertaining. I remember the days when I and yeldar were both a 7 on the Greenix scale. Ah how I wish we were still even.

EDIT: Bugger, yeldar beat me to it on the Greenix scale while I was correcting my grammar. Grr!
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 27th October 2009 at 09:50 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

I'm skilled. My only flaws preventing me from improving more (for now) are my inconsistency and being short-fused. I also have a slight tendency to choke under-pressure, mostly when im winning against top dogs

But other than that, i know how to handle most of the ships and tracks. I think im efficient in managing and using strategically my weapons and items. This said, the more i learn about WipEout, the more i see i know nothing xD Once, i thought i was great, among the elite, but i watched gameplay footage of Yeldar, Hellfire, TCK, etc., and i saw i was not that great, and far from it... hehe. But, like people say, you can't really improve unless you mesure yourself to the best!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

I perfectly agree with Arnaud !

Whatever i think about my level (on wipeout and other stuffs), i always prefer to explain myself with acts and let the others judge than trying to convince people with words. We are sometimes the worst judge of what we deserve

@asayyeah..post is meant to be fun.hopefuly it wont be abused like the other threads you speak of where it ends in flames and bans.

@yeldar..

to be honest as far as i am concerned every player in the world cup is an elite in my books save a few like me who were not really good enough to compete on the same level.

as for legendary players i would comfortably say you are one as i have played you in games with others (as i put it elite players) who beat me as bad as you beat them putting you above many.as well as you in top 5 of nearly every leaderboard for TT and SL.

i would say there are only a small handful of legendary players that i am aware of.

@problem solver..im happy you play for fun..me too.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    Unfortunately this thread ignores the Greenix scale, the standard measurement of WipEout HD skill. Look it up, it's most entertaining. I remember the days when I and yeldar were both a 7 on the Greenix scale. Ah how I wish we were still even.
    I remember he gave me 8 back in the day, I wish you two were still 7.

Your right Asa, too many threads with the 'look how good i am' thing going on.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Voted 7. Elite.

I'd say people like Wotan, yeldar, reach-big are Legend.