Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Excuses for losing & 1st place "bonuses"

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Slightly OT but since you guys are talking about quakes.

Has anybody been in an eliminator race when two quakes ,one going forward & the other reverse at the same time?

I've never seen it and I don't know if the game is programed so that this could ever occur,but then again I rarely play eliminator.

You'd have to feel sorry for whoever was stuck in the middle, but then again ...

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    True, lol. But IMO when you can be fast with good lines, lot of difficult BRs/shortcuts and smart sideshifting, to learn the logical use of weapons and to keep calm (maybe not that easy ) is not a big deal

Are there memories of Epsilon's Astral in there mate (I've got a long memory)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Yeah, that's why i wasn't categorical !!

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

mmmmmmmm ASTRAL
    best...races...ever

this thing about boosts sometimes being in the same place was also present pre-fury (of course it may have just been luck, i dunno). I had (might have again if i fix my laptop...) several videos where i'd get 4-5 boosts in one race, all from the same weapon pad. Could be luck of the draw but it's not more prevalent in fury than it was pre-fury
    not as far as i can tell anyway...

i find that to be true too.. when i get turbo from a pad i always revisit that same pad again the next lap to get another turbo..mostly i find another one but not always.

also when i get quaked if i have time to get to a pad in time its usally a shield to protect me..but again..not always

the pads are not completly random
    thats obvious. the game is programed to give oppurtunities to players to some degree but fair for all i believe.way too much coincidence...

i do think pads are fair for all players as i have had 5 boosts in a game when i was rubbish at playing and low rank.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

It's not obvious to me. I have had experiences where it seemed like it was more than coincidence, but then many times where it hasn't. This is the nature of random phenomena. You would expect long chains of turbos to happen eventually, or long chains of the same thing on the same pad, etc., or else it wouldn't be random.

It's also human nature to believe that there are patterns in random phenomena. We evolved persistent pattern-seeking behavior because its usefulness to survival and reproduction outweighs the danger of perceiving patterns where there are none. So, we prefer bad explanations to no explanation. This explains the incredible variety of religions, philosophies, and general superstitions.

The quake thing, though, is a good point. I don't think I've ever picked up a quake from a weapon pad when a quake was behind me. I know it's rarely a shield, though. So maybe the chance of picking up a shield in that case is 1/7 rather than 1/8.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    brummpahh

Hello m8's,

No, OBH had no permission on publishing my
    private mail. Obviously privacy doesn't mean
    something when it comes to showmanship.

Just wanted to know his private opinion as a top
    5 player on a theory, but as a result i removed
    him from my buddies list.

Back to the thread:
    i'm sure only SL could give exact answers/data
    on bonusses being fact or not.
    Pity, i don't think this will happen.
    Having fun with WO anyway...

brummpahh

@koleax

sorry to hear that koleax..maybe i have good luck..

you talk like one of those experts from the old days that told everyone the world was flat and dissmssed all other views that didnt fit their own views.only to be proved wrong in the end..
    using religion as a comparrison in your post is a bad idea too i think..i am religious as are many others...it is not a subject to talk dismissivly about in a games post...

i cannot prove you are wrong no more than you can prove me wrong...what you are experiencing when you play isnt what i experience...so basically it is up to game makers to tell us..... or someone can prove it..
    i know if i made wipeout and if i thought about it, to program the pads to award weapons to counter weapons fired..adds spice to the game..but then lucky for some im not in that type of job..

as for randon phenomonon (excuse bad spelling) but isnt that a word that means the scientists really dont undersatnd yet..

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Gutted.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Had enough.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

I take it for granted that all religions cannot be right, so by "variety of religions" I meant just that, and did not mean to speak dismissively of any particular religion, philosophy, or belief.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Shindubhe

Smile

people in 1st tend to get more boosts because they have more choice of pads ie all the pads, this is a reward for getting to the front, its just common sense that someone in the middle of the pack would get less because there are people fighting over them. i dont believe higher rank effects anything at all, i have had tons of boosts when in 1st and then again on other times i have got tons of leech's. why would SL favor me with the leech gun?.

i can see why people would think otherwise because it feels unfair when you see 1st place get 2-3 boosts in a row but the fact is play enough times and it will happen to you also, its just a matter of numbers.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by brummpahh View Post
    ... No, OBH had no permission on publishing my
    private mail. Obviously privacy doesn't mean
    something when it comes to showmanship.

Just wanted to know his private opinion as a top
    5 player on a theory, but as a result i removed
    him from my buddies list.
    Well, OBH, you obviously violated brummpahh's privacy since he hasn't
    granted you any permission to publish his PM. As such please remove
    his PM from your initial post.

Don't take it personal, but it's really a bad practise to fully quote a PM
    without any permissions given.

brmmphah is well respected player and a fantastic guy..i agree with problem solver..hayden,please remove his private email from the thread out of respect to him...he did only want to talk privatly and did not want a public debate...

sounds like the better player does get more turbos, because he is more than likely in first place from his initial driving skill. I only read one page of this, so maybe this has already been said.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

I see no problem with posting the PM online, We have all done it before. WHy should we change the rules now?

@ varti..

the reason being is, that the email was not a insult. it was a private email from one friend to another and it was private.

i can understand someone posting a PM that was say a flame from some idiot..this wasnt the case so i think it would be good if obh respected brmmphahh wishes on this occassion and removed it.. and stop any ill feeling

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Emphasis on "Private".

It's like telling someone a secret - you expect a certain amount of discretion from the other party (sorry again to TCK for failing him in this respect )
    No doubt it was just an honest mistake on OBH's part, he's not the malicious type - he saves that for the track

Hopefully we can live by a slogan we should all know (and love): "Let's be friends"

i agree obh is a nice guy and i dont think he did it with intention of upsetting anyone deliberatly..

but i can understand why brmmphahh is upset ..

@crawdad62....we need you too post another group hug picture....

spread the love...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by Vartazian View Post
    ... WHy should we change the rules now?
    One cannot declare a rule to allow publishing closed letters, emails, or PMs legally
    without any permission from the owner. It's prohibited by law.