Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Excuses for losing & 1st place "bonuses"

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    il_mago_di_Doz

I agree with Yeldar, let's be friends.

I don't know you guys, but I've read all the thread, and it's obvious that obh didn't want to insult anyone and didn't know that rule. He did a mistake: brummpahh, forgive him if you can and just be friends in real life and bastards on tracks

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Luxoflux

back on topic

First of all, i dont think there has been a change in the amount of turbos you get since fury. but from experience i do think that there are tracks that give you more turbos. extreme example beeing metropia fwd. getting way more turbos on that track then any other.

i think

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

With regards to Brmmphahh's theory.

If no handicap system exists that rewards the better player as every player has already stated, why is it then that I can overtake for example slimjim2097 on a straight, in a slower ship without using any pads, Turbos's or sideshift yet I get overtaken myself by DarksiedMD whilst on a straight under the exact same racing conditions.

I have also experienced situations where I have shot missiles at skilled player's only for them to take no effect. When asking the players how they managed to not be slowed down they replied that they used a turbo or a auto pilot. This I know was not true as I can see what weapons they were using during the race by looking at the right hand side of the screen.

These are just examples of what I have experienced online many times.

Can anyone shed some light on this matter.
    Last edited by DISRUPTOR; 27th October 2009 at 11:18 PM.

lol..slimjim2097 said he let you pass cos he felt sorry for you and wanted to massage your ego....he is not interested in small shrimp...

no.no.no ...seriously i cant answer your question but i know what you mean ..there strange things that happen online..see my time bending thread for some weird storys..

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    brummpahh

Hi m8's,

got OBH's apology and 'course accepted.
    Let's be friends sounds positive.

Hey disruptor, you have the same selective
    recognition pattern than me...funny.

brummpahh

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Disruptor

It's not just skilled players that when shot with missiles have no or little effect.

If you do get shot but have a weapon available, the quicker you absorb that weapon the less effect the one you got hit with will have regarding speed loss.
    Your shield loss will still be just about as high though regardless of distance.

It's highly dependent on how close you were to the craft that fired on you as to how much speed you will lose.

Also the fact that Missiles and Rockets for that matter [plural] do not all always hit the one player,you might only partially hit them
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 28th October 2009 at 02:18 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

DISRUPTOR: maybe slimm... wasn't pushing the X button hard enough, you know
    you can control your thrust right?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Alright, I'm putting to rest the quake theory. Recently I had a quake in an Eliminator and tried to use it forward. It did not let me. Less than a second later I heard the "quake" warning, turned around, and tried to use it behind. It still would not let me. Only until I watched the quake pass me and finish completely did it allow me to use mine.

This was after the 2.1 update, though, so perhaps it was adjusted? Regardless, it can no longer be claimed that only one person at a time can have a quake, but it can be said that only one quake can be in effect, at least in a particular area on an Eliminator.
    Last edited by Koleax; 1st November 2009 at 12:58 AM.

Default Moderator message.

Quote Originally Posted by osama bin haydn View Post
    @ ProblemSolver
    Do i need written permission to quote a pm?
    Absolutely. Private messages are PRIVATE. It is one of the foundations of internet etiquette and general human responsibility to other humans and to a person's own honour to keep private communications private. It is good to see that an apology was made.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

whatever you say. id have got the message though without the massive writing.

done, and done.

It wasn't just for you, it was a public message to all in an attempt to prevent any such thing from being done again by anyone whatsoever.