Thread: Excuses for losing & 1st place "bonuses"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Unhappy Excuses for losing & 1st place "bonuses"

Lately ive had a few people say that they believe -

A) since fury's come out the player in first is given "better weapons" as such, and
    B) That Higher ranked players recieve a "boost".....

Here are the quotes, im interested in what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by shhhhh! Im not allowed to tell anyone!! xD

just a short impression why i think online competition is odd:

just assume for a short moment that i'm
    right: a good pilot get's:
    - more speed
    - the right weapon just in time
    - HEAVIER impact of these weapons
    - more turbos
    - ramming priority

this leaves only 2 conclusions:
    - competition against a good player is odd, u don't have a chance - you have to become a good player to compete

you said it's an excuse 4 loosing and i say: i can handle loosing, otherwise i would quit WO playing.

I can turn it other way round:
    when i play a weaker player:
    - i allways get a missile when he manages to overtake me
    - i overlap him without using br's,
    he br's like hell and has perfect laps
    - i can slow him down to halt, even
    with a light MG salve
    - i can fall off 2 times, drive like drunk
    and still win
    - i get more turbos when i'm behind
    - i even get 5 quakes or what it takes
    to stop him
    This is fact. I'm experiencing it every day.

Since this is not programmed fair (don't blame me - blame SL), online competition is odd when the system regards one player "up" and the other "down".

I know how to get "up" in WO.

I don't mean online rank. It's rubbish. I mean "up" regarding the details i mentioned above.

Of course like u and others, i can keep a good secret. It works. I'm not a better pilot than i was 12 weeks ago, but my "up" improved massively. Still not enough 2 compete top 20 :-))))) Still i don't know if i'd invest the time for that. There's a thing called life...

Offline competition is fair, everyone has the same chances. this is why i can manage top 100 times at every track.

The best at last: you are "up", so you don't have to worry how to get there. Go Osama !

Kind regards,
    brummpahh
    Quote Originally Posted by Connavar (from his wipeout rankings site)
    "But I heard that with Fury it's much easier to do amazing times because you can receive tons of turbos like 7-8, especially if you're in front"

"It's true, look at some of hellfire videos, when he's in front, he receives sometimes 5-6-7 turbos!! Which I had almost never seen before, and that's not in just 1 race. It's not with Fury ships, it's just since Fury is out."
    Id like to take the time to say theres nothing personal against either of these two blokes Both sound, friendly, polite and fast players who i have a lot of time for, and they are not the only 2 who have expressed such opinions, just the only ones available for me to quote as supposed to psn pm's.

In a nutshell i think that -
    1) "Higher ranked" players recieving bonus' as such is just utterly ridiculous, and...
    2) Before FURY came out many turbos in a single race was hardly unheard of. Not regular by any means, but it DEFFINITELY isnt anything new.

I needed to make this thread as its just tipped my annoyance overboard really, there are so many people who believe that weapon races are either a joke / winners based purely on luck / not enjoyable / unfair / no skill etc, etc, etc. Its just starting to really do my nut in.

If you dont like it, go play Gran Turismo

Im really interested in what you guys believe to be true. Besides FURY tracks havining a much smaller area in which you need to hit to pick up weapons and hit speed pads, i dont think theres any huge difference to anything else.

If im well wide of the mark, please feel free to enlighten me
    I look forward to you replies!
    Last edited by OBH; 2nd November 2009 at 12:09 PM.