Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fusion boards are gone

Default Fusion boards are gone

well i dunno if this is true but i tried the fusion URL just one last time after my long absence.
    I know i said i dont go there anymore but i had to look

The fusion server cannot be found does this mean that it has been shut down or is it just my machine??

Ethier way im not bothered as i will not go back there :

But if it is shut down then i think it's about time that they done it

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Even if it was full of idiots, it's still a loss for the Wipeout community. Think about it - with the knowledge that a commercially funded community site ended up being attacked by 16 year old idiots, it doesn't exactly bode well for decent sites being made for future releases.

Even if we've gained and then lost a few idiots, this site has also gained some valuable new members from the Wipeout Fusion site because it reached more people due to the marketing budget and advertisment on every copy of the game. (yeah, I know we got that, but we were hidden away in the credits!).

Official sites help community sites, so wannabe hackers attacking an official site does send ripples through the community.

The sheepish apology on hoverrace at the moment is just pathetic - they're only squirming because the attacks were organised on hoverrace. That makes the admins and hosts an accessory to an attack on a corporate web server. I hope that people here know much better than to stoop to that kind of behavior.

I understand completely

It's a real shame that it has gone downhill because of all this..

I liked the fusion boards at one point they where good and the people where great to talk to not just about wipeout but about anything you liked

But also it was an oppertunity to send feedback to the developers of the game to make an even better follow up to the series

I just can't understand why these people do such things pretty sad really

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

This scares me a bit. With the Fusion forums down, many more of the spammers there are prone to come over here to calm their thirst for blood.

Keeping an eye on new users behaviour for a while would be quite sensible. :-?

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I already am - and it should be mentioned that unless you are logged in, the only forum that can be viewed is the news/announcements forum... so non-members cant actually see what we're talking about!

no suprise the wipeoutfusion.com forum would go offline.. just like wip3out.com did, i dont think most of the jackasses who spent their time at the wf-boards care much.. theyll prolly just move over to some other game-board and make life hell other members, because those assholes arent welcome here.

on the hoverrace board, skelator, one of the apologisers, is one of the chief eggers-on of the people who actually did the flooding. they are only apologetic because Sony traced the primary flooder, and they're worried that they might be found also.

i don't want the Sony site to go down permanently because it has brought us much good attention and several good members to us, as Rob has pointed out. i just want the Fusion site and forums to be better. the mass attention gained by an official site unfortunately but inevitably brought with it a lot of childish wankers. i don't know what Sony's policy is toward banning, but it seems clear that they did not want to lose any customers and thought that not banning the twits would keep more customers than making the board more civilised. i think it doesn't work that way

Yea, i don't play HR anymore, those idiots really piss me off, i'm thinking about Revenge on their site, but i don't want something like that to happen. Currently the Fusion Site is being fixed and i apolojise to all the Wipeouters. I shouldn't get in trouble for something that they did. I only had a few friends there including a couple of Wipers. I'm soon going to be leaving, but not permanatly the Hoverrace boards, i'll prolly check back once in a while. This site is really cool by the way, and i'm deply sorry about the Wipeout Site. Even though it wasn't really my fault.

Default oh, yes, this is going to be a rant! :)

i've visited the hoverrace forums several times. the posts there are very nearly one-hundred percent verbal abuse by one poster toward another. the site is inhabited pretty much by people in their early to mid-teens whose every word is ruled by their gonads without any mediation by a mind. it is some sort of social struggle for breeding status expressed in a game forum. they speak like below-average 12 year-olds. in the past 3 days' postings, i have not seen a single coherent thought expressed about anything other than their personal animosities, and even those pitifully few [2 or 3] betrayed a depth of ignorance and lack of skill in their own native language that is truly pathetic, and shared by nearly all of the posters. i try to realise how very young some of them are, but ...
    i don't know about what all of you guys' teenage friends are/were like, but mine were never such boneheads as the majority of these hoverrace twits. i'm amazed that this kind of person can exist very long since it seems as though they would have either killed each other off or been run over by schoolbusses while arguing with other in the middle of the street about something totally pointless.

rant over. aaahhh. i feel better now. stress relief is a glorious thing.

hey. wait a minute. wasn't i just doing the same thing they do, but indirectly and with a better vocabulary and more command of grammar?

Think the forums are badly moderated, download the game and chat in the IMR for a while, for no damn reason they just get pissed after a while and take it out on somebody the wrong way, they did that with me. And took it too far. (The Wipeout Forums Insident.) Once i start playing the game in a few monthsa again, my name will be different as well as my IP so they don't know its me

Default Re: oh, yes, this is going to be a rant! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    hey. wait a minute. wasn't i just doing the same thing they do, but indirectly and with a better vocabulary and more command of grammar?
    not really, you think before you post.

they post whatever spews out of their heads, and then why bother thinking at all? Actually wait, there has to be *some* thinking involved i mean how the hell do you decipher that l337 sp34k?

dimwit 1: r u gna cme ovr o ply wip3out lr, h?, h? fck y34h!!!!!!!!!
    dimwit 2: 0h y34h 7hs 6!7c435 r0xr!!!

whaaaaaa!?

aus!

re: aus' quote of typical HR entry
    ROFL

woah! when did this current version of the forum code start inserting blank lines ahead of the posts, the same way the old one did? can i stop putting in those dumb periods to get that blank line now? cos now i'm getting twO blank lines

lol i don't know why i'm lauphing, must have drunk to much soda

whats this hovercraft stuff you guys are talking about? id like to see it for myself :wink:

Its nothing like Wipeout, the russian craft the EON, is a piece of crap only good in war matches. The crafts look more like Bumpercars than Wipeout Crafts. Somewhere on the site, there should be pics of the crafts, if u download the game, let me know i'll teach ya how to get good lap times. (Its harder than u think)

i hesitate to generate more traffic for these people, but
    hoverrace.com
    check the forums, the first one in the list, not the D-something

btw, dragon, i always find it odd that people are so willing to give advice on racing to people who are probably better at racing than they are, particularly when much of the fun of a new game is learning for yourself how to play it well. please don't assume that you are more expert than the other members. if they want racing advice, they will ask. they often do, but it is wrong to offer it in the way you just did because it makes the assumption that they are inferior to you.

wow.. I didnt think it was that bad!

well, enough of that hovercraft bullshit, they arent worth discussing.

I'm not assuming anything, nor am i sayiong i'm the best, hell no, The Rockafeller guy has been undefeted 54 out of 56 matches in war games, and is a lot better at hoverracing then i am. I'm pretty much just a normall player with average to below average lap times, i'm still getting used to the racing even after playing the game for 5 months its still not enouph. But i bet i could kick all of the non Wipers asses at Fusion and maybe a couple of Wipers on the Hoverrace forums. That would be my revenge for what they did to the fusion forums. LOL. i found this game called SkyRacer on IGN.com, its actually an OK remake of Wipeout, it sucks u only get 2 tracks but i'm wondering if u can unlock more.......... and when the computers nock against u, its highly unfair thank god u don't have to worry about sheilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Wamdue
    wow.. I didnt think it was that bad!

well, enough of that hovercraft bullshit, they arent worth discussing.
    Agreed i had a look for myself i must say i was disgusted at the content

after looking at a couple of post's i saw enough

Dragon said: ''if u download the game, let me know i'll teach ya how to get good lap times. (Its harder than u think)''

well, Dragon, that is definitely an assumption of superiority over Wamdue, and an offer of advice before any was asked for. or even needed. and before there was even an occasion for it to be asked for, since he doesn't even have the game. and it has nothing to do with someone else's skill levels in hoverrace relative to yours. you automatically assumed that he would be unable to get good laptimes without your assistance. don't you see how that kind of statement looks to the rest of us? your offer may have indeed been meant well, but the way it was stated makes it seem really offensive.

and in a post on November 12, you had this to say:
    ''Man, i would love to test my skills against wipeout players around the world, being a master of Fusion.''
    and remember the criticism you got for it?
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=681
    and how you claimed that you were ''just kidding'' about the master part but that ''i am incredibly good''?
    so you can see why i doubt your humility.

please have more respect for the other pilots. i realise that in the forums you came from, there is none, so that being careful about what you say is not habitual. but in this forum, we have had the good fortune to have people respect each other; and in view of the recent erosion of that habit by some of the newcomers from other forums, we now demand that respect when it is not automatically given. it shall be the normal way of doing things here.

and with that said, i now temporarily, but hopefully for a long time, get down off the soapbox i've had to get up on so many times lately.

and btw, to the other members: if i'm overreacting about this sort of thing, please let me know. after all, i am not always Mr. Perfectly Sensitive and Reasonable. [you can see how pissed off i've been getting lately. ]