Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Most to rage quit against you?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by Vartazian View Post
    Rage Quitters are Just Below Cheaters on Vartazian's Official "Scum o Tron" Scale.
    Oh really ? And you never rage quit yourself ?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

I actually Never Rage Quit. NEVER. I have more integrity then that. when I first started maybe once or twice. But now I finish the race regardless. I freaking HATE my disconnects from my crappy internet. People call it rage quitting and that bugs me to no end.

Infact I respect faster pilots then me since they give me a good challenge. I love getting slapped around by Yeldar or Elois.
    Last edited by Vartazian; 12th November 2009 at 08:48 AM.

PSN ID
    skuddington

I hate rage quitters, only because they are so widespread, that when i have to quit a race for a legitimate reason, i get accused of rage quitting. i generally try and explain why i had to quit when people do this, but i cant complete every race i play, and as a result of this, some people are gonna write me off as some sort of cretin. At the end of the day, theres nothing you can do about it, so you just have to put up with rage quitters, and accept the fact that occasionally, someone else is gonna accuse you of it.
    Last edited by skuddington; 12th November 2009 at 10:33 AM. Reason: grammar

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Infact I respect faster pilots then me since they give me a good challenge
    And the other pilots, you don't ?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    NX-01 StarClass: alias (Old Scholz Playa)

I freaking HATE my disconnects from my crappy internet. People call it rage quitting and that bugs me to no end.
    Vartazian, I truly understand your view on bad/intermittent internet connection. I was in a few races with you last night and when I see online ranking of 50 or higher I get intimidated and think I can't hang with these guys. (It's true) I say "What the hell, I might learn something new" but, when your connection handicaps you from the start, it really manifest into all around rage and ya throw the @#$@%& controller and go get another cool one. I feel ya pain.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

@Vartazian - Some qualification of these statements would be good. You refer to a 'rage quitter' as if it's a specific type of person. Is a 'rage-quitter' someone who does this often? Is it anyone who has ever done it ever? Is it someone who does it because they lose? etc.

As a further general point. Sometimes you have to quit a game because the host restarts too quickly. A person could easily be all annoyed and find that they can't quit from the menu because the host keeps restarting the race as soon as they get back to the lobby. It happens. Not often, but it happens.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    And the other pilots, you don't ?
    @Leung Your Jumping to Conclusions. I never said that. I respect the new pilots as well. infact many of my friends are indeed slower then me. and they are the ones I have the most fun with because its fun.

@Saturn - When I say "In a Race" I mean usually after the first 10 seconds of a race (If the person leaves the line) because during that 10 seconds ramming happens People get shot off the line, bombs, etc. Thats rage quitting. People leaving because of a crap host is completely different. I dont hold anything against people who leave right away because of a quick host change. but when its clearly because they arent performing well then I start to think they aren't worth my time.

As for the whole "First time" thing, Ill cut a little slack. But as in my story with the fast racer that indeed rage quits whenever he gets eliminated or when Im over 5 seconds ahead.He is indeed a Scumbag.

@NX01 - Yes it is very annoying when the connection explodes and other racers call you out on it. I was in a race with another person (As much as I want to say his name and call him out - I wont.) and it was the 5th Lap of Amph Rev. I had a Turbo Loaded and was about 3 seconds ahead of this guy right before the short cut - Boom, "The Network Cable isnt connected" so just to let the guy know I didnt quit intentionally I sent the message "Argh F***ing internet! " I get the message back saying "lolololol you quit, Noob" Needless to say the exchange after that was not one of my high moments. But the thing was, Why would I quit if I was winning?

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

I love getting slapped around by Yeldar or Elois.
    I don't recall ever slapping you - it's usually you trying to slap me as much as possible whilst i'm trying to drift around the track peacefully (either in front of or behind you)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

classy, Yeldar!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    il_mago_di_Doz

I just wanted to say one thing.... many Internet connections sucks (at least here in Italy :-), plus, wohd often freezes, plus, it happens that someone has to go away in real life... suddenly. I never rage-quit, and I think that most of the people that do disconnet have their reasons. To every awesome pilot in this forum: don't be so egocentric to think that everyone is rage-quitting because of you . Sometimes it happens, other it doesn't

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

I realize now that it was indeed pirahpac who called me the noob for having my net die while I was beating him on Amph....

of course it all makes sense now. He will take any reason he can claim a win over me... Thats a compliment in itself!

PSN ID
    erich123

You are the reason to my rage
    Just noticed you beaten my time at metropia,singelrace.
    A hard time to beat.
    But l'll do my best to take 1 place back.
    Maybe we meet out there some day on metropia
    Have a great weekend pilot

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I realize now that it was indeed pirahpac who called me the noob for having my net die while I was beating him on Amph....

of course it all makes sense now. He will take any reason he can claim a win over me... Thats a compliment in itself!
    In high society 'tis considered bad form to besmirch a man's name when he has not the ability to defend his self, either by virtue of absence or misfortune.

I'm just sayin' blud, mans better know his side ov da story would be 'nuff different, innit!

Which one of those suits me better? I can't decide.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Talking to him on WOA is impossible. No point trying to talk to him. I'll let
    him make a fool of himself on my YouTube profile though

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

It's slightly more possible than talking to him here though, as was my point.

I'm just saying, I know he feels his side of the story is different and he can't present that here, whereas everyone can see your side here, which is why it would be considered bad form bringing it up. It's not a forum thing, but more of a life thing.

On some forums, there's a rule against it, as there is on another forum I participate in.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

I realize now that it was indeed pirahpac who called me the noob for having my net die while I was beating him on Amph...
    He called you noob first ? It's disappointing from him !

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

I like slapping yeldar around.