Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Most to rage quit against you?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Quote Originally Posted by TorquedSoul View Post
    BTW, Vartazian ... you dont always hit your target.
    Shhhh! Dont let people know that! Or else they might make fun of me!

Elois Also told me he hasn't screamed at his TV in ages until he raced me. Thats a compliment from probably one of the best pilots ever...

He still beat me lots though.. *cries*

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

erm... What is rage quitting? how is it different from quitting? and erm... why exactly do pilots quit races again? it's not like you can cheat in hd fury, like some did in Pulse now is it? Drivers of F1 cars don't quit coz they're pissed at the next guy, do they? ... i just don't get it!!

I'm a bloody noob at hd fury, had the game a week and haven't quit a race. though i've seen people quit my races, and i get that message up 'you are the last... please quit' nonsense...

I take it that rage quitters/quitters don't like to lose and only play ball when they feel confident of taking a win? am I wrong here? someone please enlighten me further, thank you in advance.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

A rage quitter is a pilot who Quits the moment they think hope is lost sometimes forcing you Leave since you are the last racer or they ar ethe only competition or are sore losers.

Rage quitters dont always leave either... Sometimes they park on the ttrack or turn around and blast you after you lap them.

Yeldar has a nice flow chart to describe rage quitters. ask him!

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Cheers Var, much appreciated buddy. I'm kinda chuffed that i've had pilots quit my races, a nice complement for now - but not once I learn this game adequately enough to not find it amusing anymore...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

It might not be a compliment. It could just be frustration. Like this-->

If I ever rage quit (or sometimes just come to a halt on the track and let myself ghost until the next one) then there's about a 30% chance it was because lag was destroying me on the first lap every time; about a 50% chance that I got rammed off about 3 or 4 times in a row, and; about 20% chance that it was something else, in which case yeldar was to blame, by default. If I just keep getting beaten because someone is doing better, I won't quit the game - at least not mid-race. But I might stop after a race and basically give up for the night if I just plain suck. Kind of a meh-quit.

On the other hand they might just quit because they really need to pee and are really struggling to hold it, like this -->

If I know anything about Vart's style of play, then Elois was probably just screaming at the woman to get her to stop shouting, "Bomb! Bomb! Bomb!"

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

buggerz... there goes my confidence

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

(You were probably only joking, but just in case)

Well, if you're doing well against them, then it doesn't matter if they quit or not, or why they quit etc. You're still doing well against them. You don't do well against people solely off the back of lag, ever. So don't be discouraged.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by ACE-FLO View Post
    though i've seen people quit my races, and i get that message up 'you are the last... please quit' nonsense...
    Lol, in a few weeks try to race again those guys, and i'm sure you'll make them "rage quitters" ! And if you have a message like "cheater" = It's a win !!
    No possible cheats on HD !

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Shame on anybody who intentionally quits mid-race for any reason.
    Why would somebody play online if they're scared of losing? It's pathetic, like a little kid's tantrum.
    To me, quitters are as low as cheaters. All who've quitted on me on Pulse have been added to my now extensive Quitters List (i.e. people I will never race again, and have no respect for). You should all start your own Lists for HD too.

I'm also a little disappointed that SL left that feature in HD after Pulse, where if you're the last player in (due to quitters), you have to quit too, rather than finish the "race" for a win.

I think my record for Pulse is 4 quitters in one race btw.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmadSmartAlex View Post
    You should all start your own Lists for HD too.
    You're right, but I can't, because I'm not able to read nicknames on my 14" screen SD !

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

@Leungbok, and SaturnReturn, thank you my friends, my confidence is back and i'm inspired to keep on, keeping on.

@ my close Pulser pal and a top notch geezer, known to us all as MrSmadSmartAlex, i'm missing you in online races, please get a PS3 and hd fury, i know you don't like it, I didn't either at first, too bouncy... but it really has grown fast on me, and i love it. You will too, I promise! Just think, loadsa online rooms, healthy competition, the Pulse tracks (which you own) and Pure tracks too, to boot, and a whole new world full of maniac pilots... You know it makes perfect sense! Leap already, oh and yes, you're perfectly pitched on the point about having a quitters list! in total agreement here!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmadSmartAlex View Post
    Shame on anybody who intentionally quits mid-race for any reason.
    Why would somebody play online if they're scared of losing? It's pathetic, like a little kid's tantrum.
    To me, quitters are as low as cheaters. All who've quitted on me on Pulse have been added to my now extensive Quitters List (i.e. people I will never race again, and have no respect for). You should all start your own Lists for HD too.
    These are very strong words. As someone who has already confessed to 'rage quitting' in the past, I feel the need to defend myself and others. To start with, I think if you had this approach in HD then you wouldn't have many people left to race. I suspect the vast majority of people who play HD have quit at some point or other, for whatever reason, even if it's only once in a year. That's the kind of statistic I am talking about here as well, just to qualify/quantify it a bit. Does this really make me or them a horrible person worthy of being compared to cheaters; being called low, pathetic, or a little kid? I feel it's just a little too harsh.

I don't think someone who hasn't experienced the frustration of all manner of dodgy lag effects and glitches that HD has to offer (and the way they have largely only became more frequent over the last year) should really judge so harshly. Fine if that's how it works in Pulse, but this isn't Pulse. I've played Pulse online and it's nowhere near as bad as HD can be. I even played in Team Link with you guys once or twice. I was mostly there to try something new, lend support to a small but dedicated group and 'meet' new people. I lost a hell of a lot, but I still joined in. I knew full well that I was going to lose too, having barely played that game and not even knowing the names of the tracks. So I'm definitely not afraid to lose. Neither do I think I'm pathetic, and I certainly don't feel any shame for taking a timeout when the problems with the game escalate to a level where it's virtually impossible to play, especially when I know how much better things used to be.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

OK, maybe I did put it too harshly. I probably should have just said it's extremely unsporting and irritating for me. No, I don't think they're horrible people or anything - I just don't think that sort of stuff belongs online, which is what I meant by the cheaters comparison (I have no problem at all with people cheating on games offline, but think it's wrong to bring it online, including record tables).
    I can understand your frustration if HD runs badly online (I've suffered many ridiculous online glitches on Pulse too), but try to understand my frustration after being quitted on over 500 times - seriously, that many times. I very very rarely get to finish a race online these days.
    I guess my point is: it's only a minute or so to wait for somebody to finish a race, so IMO it's really not cool to force them to stop playing as well, when you could just leave when the race is over. It kind of takes all the fun out of playing online for me.
    Anyway, sorry if I caused offence (it wasn't my intention). It's just something that bothers me (and would do in any form of competition, not just WO or other games), but perhaps I'm the only one bothered by it, so I'll keep it to myself (and my List) next time.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Cheaters should be banned. Do you really think a rage-quitter should be banned?

Edit: Just saw your new post.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

No problems. I can entirely understand the frustration when there are only two players and one quits. I do agree that it's very inconsiderate. It happened to me on HD the other night. I suppose in that situation with only two players then it becomes fairly obvious that it's not going to be horrendous lag that is the issue, as you rarely get massive problems in a 2 player online game. Even HD can handle things up to that point (just about ).
    Anyway, please don't be discouraged from expressing your feelings on it just because I've also expressed mine. As I said, they were just very strong words applied quite broadly, in such a way as they applied to me and I suspect a fair few others. So I thought I'd defend my POV. That's all. No hard feelings?

P.S. There are those who do something that annoys me more actually. Those who actively attempt to ruin the race for others by blocking them, racing backwards, hiding and shooting at them etc. That is definitely the point where I think it just gets childish.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 11th November 2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: added P.S.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Sure, no hard feelings mate(it is still only a game, no matter if it's occasionally frustrating).
    Yeah, I was talking about when there's only you and them, and they quit, ending the race. I guess it doesn't really matter so much if it's a full room (rare in Pulse), although I still don't exactly "approve" of it.

@Koleax - Do I think they deserve to be banned from the PSN? I guess no, not like a cheater does. But, like a cheater, I personally don't want to race them, because I don't want to start a race where the result is already determined (i.e. I lose or they quit).

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Rage Quitters are Just Below Cheaters on Vartazian's Official "Scum o Tron" Scale.

I hold pretty much no respect for any rage quitters, And those who do I often lose respect for Instantaneously. I know a Ex-Friend of mine rage Quitted all the time, I told him to grow a pair and actually race me even after he gets eliminated and he just laughed and Called me a noob. (Might I add this is after I beat him a good 10 times? He Rage quitted 4 of the races)

Not even Worthy to be called pilots in my opinion. quitting AFTER a race is finished is a different story... Mid race makes you a Pile of dirt beneath my shoe.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Do you think they should be banned, Vartazian?

I wonder if people who consider rage-quitters as bad as cheaters also think that college drop-outs are as bad as plagiarists.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

I dont think they should be banned. I just think they are scum.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I was so close to rage quitting the other night, but resisted. Race after race (around 5 in a row) I was rammed into walls and off of the track, hit with missile after quake after bomb after rocket after god knows what else. Needless to say I was angry and didn't finish above 5th