Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Most to rage quit against you?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Task View Post
    8 D
    Is it the ship? Is it the ship? Is it the ship? It's gotta be the ship!
    It's not the ship.
    So true xD
    I remember people switching to Goteki45 and then losing more than they did with Assegai hahaha
    I on the contrary hope that nobody rage quits against me, I really don't want anyone to get this frustrated because of me
    I also rage quit one and a half times, I think I said it before, the real time was when I fell through the track because of all the ships pushing me, and the other half was against Expitarius where I lost a race because of a ship I had just fired upon that didn't ghost; I did finish the race but quit immediately after and turned off the PS3. Not really a rage quit per se, but I was still quite furious.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

i will rage quit that thread

Byeee

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    Why isn't there
    at least a level restriction?
    Because in that case you will never have the honour to race with Wotan, Yeldar or Eloïs
    Seriously, fortunately there's no level restrictions. How could new comers (like obh, wotan, eric7dm...) had improved their skills to a top level if they never raced the fastest pilots when they began ?

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

That's why we have invite only

If you don't want to race with people that aren't at your level you can just choose invite/friends only

now if only it actually worked (all the time)....

I remember racing against the best pilots when I was just starting to place WOHD, really nice feeling to race someone who you recognise just from seeing them on the leaderboard. I was like: oO whenever I saw one of them. Even to lose by DNF was no problem, I just felt like "Wow! I want to be like him when I grow up!"

/offtopic

Order of preference:

Rage quit > racing backwards > parking in the middle of the track > parking in the middle of the track shooting people.

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    Because in that case you will never have the honour to race with Wotan, Yeldar or Eloïs
    Seriously, fortunately there's no level restrictions. How could new comers (like obh, wotan, eric7dm...) had improved their skills to a top level if they never raced the fastest pilots when they began ?
    also, the wipeout online community isn't really big enough for this feature. if you started dividing people based on skill levels it would take ages to find games, especially as HD is not a new game and it's online presence will be less and less over the coming year. it's a good idea, but implimenting it, would perhaps, be a mistake.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    How could new comers (like obh, wotan, eric7dm...) had improved their skills to a top level if they never raced the fastest pilots when they began ?
    newcomer? im a wiper of old!!! (tho a WZ baby)

ahh i miss early woHD. leungok & assayyeah - my ultimate villains! fast AND french

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Just a thought, they may not be quitting through rage because your all so good, maybe the fact that you think you are so good, they don't want to race you. Just a thought.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

When you think about it, what is worse,

A damaged ego?/ or

A damaged $90 DS3 Controller?

I think the controller is the higher priority here.

Quote Originally Posted by osama bin haydn View Post
    newcomer? im a wiper of old!!! (tho a WZ baby)

ahh i miss early woHD. leungok & assayyeah - my ultimate villains! fast AND french
    Its only one "s" on asayyeah Haydn. LOL.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

@kgb, lol, you found a clue here, mate !!
    @haydn, hey, do you thought about "pietro" (son of magneto in X-men comics) ?
    @kigo, Yeah one "s" suppressed at Assayyeah and one "b" added for me
    Last edited by leungbok; 21st October 2009 at 09:21 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    I just felt like "Wow! I want to be like him when I grow up!"
    I can safely say you've achieved 50% of this ambition.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

I rage quit once in a while, but only when I'm doing exceptionally bad... and I'm talking like going sailing off the track around a turn because someone dumped a mine or shot me right at the apex (offline race, but watch lap 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceaIYT5PSCw ), or hitting a f*cking LAMP-POST in Vineta K or Ubermall, or getting missile missile rocket quake plasma rocket quake in the span of one lap. It's only when there's some inexplicable cluster-f*ck, and even then it depends on my mood at the time.

I can appreciate the people who stick through to the end, but I have no patience to hobble in at 8th place when I could have done infinitely better. A lot of times, if I happen to quit when I'm racing against good players like Chaos80, Boo4ever, etc, I'll usually hop right back into the lobby when the race is done
    Last edited by AG-wolf; 21st October 2009 at 09:24 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

That lamposts on the left side of the reverse track of Ubermall is definitely an ultimate bitch. That would rank high on my cunty-o-meter. I guess thats the only good thing about not having enable voicechat inside WOHD, my profanity is extremely high in moments like that in the game. LOL

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    I can safely say you've achieved 50% of this ambition.
    Ok now I'm lost....

@OBH: Does that make me one of those pesky unwanted newcomers (****ing hate them... )? I'ma give you a slap for that one

i never rage quit..its embarrasing and it's rude too..its better to lose and be polite than to quit and run midway..but i do understand some players who do quit as wipeout can be as kigo puts it "very cunty sometimes "

i am guilty of doing so bad in a race i will come last so i park up on the side to nip off to get a quick cup of tea and come back for next race..but i only do that if i am thirsty..thats not bad ..is it...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

That's not just bad, it's wrong. There is simply no way you can make a proper cup of tea in between races. I'm shocked and appalled.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

I quit because the lag factor has become so bad, there is delay when the ship turns, and thats enough to put anybody in the shits. I never had this amount of trouble when i first had WOHD this time last year. Could be due to the fact of having 100 users in my friends list could be the factor. Under a month left and this bastard ISP contract is over. No more bullshit 256k connection. Problem is on my exchange there are only a few ADSL2+ providers, and those ones (Including Telstra Bigwank, and iprimus stingy) have stingy packages which are at stupid prices. Seriously Kevin Rudd was spose to fix this **** back when he got into government when he got voted in back in 2007, with the Australia wide Super Speed Optic Cable internet infrastructure plan, useless Queensland cu nt he is. Its says TPG is still setting up the infrastructure on my exchange, when they are finished with the pondering around crap, then ill sign up with them, considering everything goes smoothly.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Quote Originally Posted by KGB1971 View Post
    Just a thought, they may not be quitting through rage because your all so good, maybe the fact that you think you are so good, they don't want to race you. Just a thought.
    How would they know? I didn't message them and they couldn't have possibly heard my self-congratulating exclamatory outbursts.

I should note that I really don't want people to rage quit, in case it's not obvious. But when all four people do it in a five-player eliminator, you can't let that bother you... you must bask in its glory.

@ saturn...your right my tea i make between races does come up really too weak and i spill it as i run up the stairs so not to miss the next race.

i need to get my prioritys right..

1 Tea
    2 wipeouthd

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    Its only one "s" on asayyeah Haydn. LOL.
    Theres also only one "b" in "nitpicking b*stard"

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Quote Originally Posted by osama bin haydn View Post
    What is it with you guys in that part of the world ey? KIGO's got selective hearing and now your just flat out lying
    Now now, that was the past. Don't let it get to you.