Thread: Most to rage quit against you?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Default Most to rage quit against you?

I just had four, count 'em, four people rage quit against me in a Rapier Eliminator match on Metropia, probably the combination of my best track, class, and mode. It was too easy. I'm undefeated in AP Eliminators with 6 or more opponents, but that one is generally easy. Metropia and I have this thing going on ever since we spent a couple hours straight in photo mode together. I'll spare you the intimate details, but she was beautiful.

This is my proudest achievement so far in Wipeout. I remember all three people either quitting or disconnecting in a 4-player AP Eliminator, but I know for certain they all raged this time. I completely waylaid them and I didn't even have a quake. They knew I was impossible to beat. It would have been over in less than a minute anyways if they stayed, but that would have been too painful for them. It's a hell of a lot of fun, when you get over the initial annoyance.

My next goal is five rage quits, which I know is doable and six is realistic. I don't know if I'll get the hallowed seven some day, but where would we be without ideals, eh?

Timezone
    GMT -5

I once DNF'd an entire room on Sebenco Reverse (all 7 of them) - and set a world record, to boot.

And no - it wasn't a room full of Noobs, and no, nobody quit the race. (amazingly)

I did however, get accused of cheating post-race - and the room cleared out like it got plague.

Still - getting 4 to rage-quit is very impressive.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Ive quite a few races online, after experiencing the most cuntyiest of all lag situations, it was so bad, the ship wasnt accelerating like it should at phantom speed, the controls where marshmallow, and there where more Vista Pads problems than the actually crappy OS itself.

I rage quit because i dont want to break another controller, so i think ahead, of what possibly might happen. Exit the game, have a Red Bull, check my email and mobile for incoming messages. and return back when to the PS3 to check and return my messages there as well, all good

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

I take pride in my Ability to make people rage quit. Since some of them are regulars on this site I wont mention them.

Rage Quitters are Scum. They cant even take their loss. I respect a player who can take a good humbling, I know I had to when I started. Kyonshi, Boo4Ever and a few others are all great racers who look at losing and winning as a improvement cycle. I highly respect these racers.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

I think I raged today for the first time. A few minutes ago I had some tough races with
    Vartazian, we battled for the first place on VK Rev. as suddently someone showed up
    slowly moving on the middle of the track bringing me to a complete stand-still. I wrote
    him a 'nice' PN shortly thereafter, he replyed; "if you didn't noticed, its totally a contact
    racing game"
    Holy crap, he was parking in the middle of the track.
    His level was quite low level and he obviously didn't knew anyone on the server.

Some low-birds think they can join any server and ruin the current game. Why isn't there
    at least a level restriction?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

IH8YOU, that's a really great story. If you count the players that cleared out after the previous Eliminator, which I dominated, then it'd be six for me, but they at least have some plausible deniability. Maybe dinner was ready or something. But still, you can sorta tell. Like when one guy is dominating and I need a round or two to warm up, and then I'm dominating that guy, the rest see that they have no hope, lol.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    Why isn't there
    at least a level restriction?
    Because in that case you will never have the honour to race with Wotan, Yeldar or Eloïs
    Seriously, fortunately there's no level restrictions. How could new comers (like obh, wotan, eric7dm...) had improved their skills to a top level if they never raced the fastest pilots when they began ?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Dag12c

hahaha never rage quit.. i just start going round the track backwards collect some **** n start shooting

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

oh yeah I'm sure people love you for that...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Lol, true El !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    fleinn

Quote Originally Posted by Dag12c View Post
    hahaha never rage quit.. i just start going round the track backwards collect some **** n start shooting
    lol. I thought about just quitting once. A metropia reverse run, basic 8 player rapier race. Two people knew how to race that track, but they made a few mistakes, so I passed them (cleanly). Then one of them managed to boost up 2 seconds, and plant himself on my wing, and crash me stuck on the side. Whatever, just bad luck. So next lap, I pass them again. And once again - a two-three second lead, smack on the shield and into the side of the track. What the..? Not cool. Also was ahead of me on one lap, but registered a +4 second pass. So I blew him up. Five times. For three races until he quit. :/

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

it's called "pulling a Haxorger" ... you aint him are you?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    NX-01 StarClass: alias (Old Scholz Playa)

Rage quit once. I got slammed off Sol 2 twice, lap 1 & then lap 4 in the same spot, same player. He was on headset and laughed about it. I quit the race & took a moment to compose myself. I rejoin (I believe he was host) on Metropia (rev) and I was losing again (5 pl) he was 3rd & then I quaked him on the last lap just before the finish and he was eliminated & he finished last. Ohh!!!! That felt so good. : He then left the race babbling on his headset.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TorquedSoul

I dont rage quit. I usually just unload a stream of profanity at my monitor. Lately most of that profanity has been directed at Vartazian.

BTW, Vartazian ... you dont always hit your target.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Quote Originally Posted by TorquedSoul View Post
    BTW, Vartazian ... you dont always hit your target.
    Shhhh! Dont let people know that! Or else they might make fun of me!

Elois Also told me he hasn't screamed at his TV in ages until he raced me. Thats a compliment from probably one of the best pilots ever...

He still beat me lots though.. *cries*

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

erm... What is rage quitting? how is it different from quitting? and erm... why exactly do pilots quit races again? it's not like you can cheat in hd fury, like some did in Pulse now is it? Drivers of F1 cars don't quit coz they're pissed at the next guy, do they? ... i just don't get it!!

I'm a bloody noob at hd fury, had the game a week and haven't quit a race. though i've seen people quit my races, and i get that message up 'you are the last... please quit' nonsense...

I take it that rage quitters/quitters don't like to lose and only play ball when they feel confident of taking a win? am I wrong here? someone please enlighten me further, thank you in advance.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

I'm not going to have a go at you but I will say that it is possibly the most irritating/hateful things that you could do during a race.
    One of the best pilots around used to do this back when he first started. I still haven't forgiven him for it.
    Rage quit > Racing backwards > Racing backwards whilst shooting > Parking in the middle of the track > parking in the middle of the track and shooting.