Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has SL managed to bend time.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    abukii

Brumpaah-- Exact same thing happened to me.

@Jasmin-- youre talking about SP, arent you?? If so, I know what your saying. I get the elite AI by miles of time or 3 seconds behind. It is wierd.

I still experience really weird lapses in time on muti players races..

I played my friend on subenco i finished the race counted off the seconds in my head to see how much i won by and 3 seconds later his time came up after mine saying he was 20 seconds behind which is impossible as we were well matched as well as i was counting off seconds too..this is the most extreme example i have had but it hapens a lot with the times that show up dont match what one expects.these are not all bugs imo.something is happening in the game that was programmed into it.

I do not think this is lag i think this is some crap SL put into the game.

When you crash or die the time in real life that goes by seems to be shorter than the time you lose in real life.

i also notice if you have a near crash this happens too i went on top of the left wall on AP forward on the first straight after the first bend and were in first your suddenly in 4th even though no ships could be seen passing.i lost a little speed but nothing really but it seem th computer thought it was a crash so did its time trick...

To summarise i think SL put a little more programing into their game we might not be fuly aware off.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Dark-Twisted

I thought the online was like this:

When you start, the system records your time and at the end of the race it will upload it, and whoever has the best time wins. Other players flinging around with early/late starts etc. might finish ahead and get lower placing because of lag, but since the winner has the best time, and doesn't necessarily have to physically cross the line first, it makes the placing more fair to players experiencing lag and the final placings proper correct, unlike what you might have saw while racing... ? If that makes any sense... it's all lag... damn lag...

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Fact. According to my screen eric beat me by 14 second but at the end of the race I was positioned 1st. It's just lag, everything is adjusted accordingly at the end of the race

this isnt lag..this isnt about finishing a race and final positions change on the board..

this is about the game saying i beat a player by 20 seconds but 20 seconds didnt pass in real time.

lag puts game out of sinq it dosnt effect you in real life only effects the game..so imo it must be a game issue..some type of programming in the game to probally sort out online issues but dosnt always work too well..